[NFL] Footbaaaawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the reffing in tonight's game was atrocious. Just absolutely abhorrent. Sorry jwhouk, but the Seattle SeaRefs totally stole that game from the Packers.

It's one thing when you get a team ticked off at you. Or an owner, or a coach, or a quarterback.

It is another thing entirely to get AN ENTIRE FUCKING STATE mad at you.

Yes, I dropped the F-bomb there. Until Roger the Dodger apologizes and takes that touchdown pass away, I will be mad.

Let me think like an NFL owner for a moment...

Since that play, ESPN has talked about nothing but that play. Other news outlets have given far more weight to a Week 3 Monday night game than they ever would otherwise. Social media has gone into a frenzy over the NFL overnight.

There will be many more eyeballs on Thursday night's game than usual, hoping for another train wreck. Then the conversation continues going into Sunday.

The NFL is the only sports topic right now. If I were an owner, why should I want it any other way? Free publicity across the board.

On behalf of NFL fans everywhere (yes, even Seattle... most of us honestly do think that the Seahawks really did deserve to lose that game), I would like to personally thank the Green Bay Packers and their fans for the tremendous sacrifice they made in order to get us our proper officials back.

<ahem> Thank you.

...and we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Go Bears! F*ck the Packers!

I came by just to see how you folks were reacting to the disaster from Monday Night. All I have to say is this-

The Packer player was called for pass interference here. No shit.

I came by just to see how you folks were reacting to the disaster from Monday Night. All I have to say is this-
The Packer player was called for pass interference here. No shit.
Yeah, it's not so much that the last call was horrible. I mean, it was a horrible call, and the non-call of the offensive pass interference in the end zone by Golden Tate was also horrible. The biggest issue to me, was that the entire game was horrible by the officiating crew. And then on Sunday you had that issue where they gave a team 4 timeouts again, and two extra challenges because of that. Even with the regular refs coming back, I'd say that enough damage has been done to various teams' win loss records that they ought to just stick a massive asterisk next to this season and pretend that it didn't happen.

Yeah, it's not so much that the last call was horrible. I mean, it was a horrible call, and the non-call of the offensive pass interference in the end zone by Golden Tate was also horrible. The biggest issue to me, was that the entire game was horrible by the officiating crew. And then on Sunday you had that issue where they gave a team 4 timeouts again, and two extra challenges because of that. Even with the regular refs coming back, I'd say that enough damage has been done to various teams' win loss records that they ought to just stick a massive asterisk next to this season and pretend that it didn't happen.
NO! the Texans are still undefeated...

Dear Packer fans,

If you play well enough and put up enough points, it doesn't matter how bad the officiating is.

Dear Packer fans,

If you play well enough and put up enough points, it doesn't matter how bad the officiating is.
On the one hand, there's a lot to be said for having run up the score on a team high enough that a bad call at the end of the game wouldn't have been an issue. On the other hand, Seattle has a good defense, and there are a lot of close games throughout the league and throughout the season. Are you trying to say that teams that play hard-fought games, who give it their all, and still have a close game deserve to lose due to really incredibly shitty officiating?

On the one hand, there's a lot to be said for having run up the score on a team high enough that a bad call at the end of the game wouldn't have been an issue. On the other hand, Seattle has a good defense, and there are a lot of close games throughout the league and throughout the season. Are you trying to say that teams that play hard-fought games, who give it their all, and still have a close game deserve to lose due to really incredibly shitty officiating?
He's trying to say:

Trolololololol

Yea, pretty much.

It's one thing for "Good teams overcome bad officiating." It's another when that officiating is so terrible even the ladies on The View talk about it.

The silver lining from all this is that the REAL officials will be on the field this weekend, and those "replacements" will be back working at Foot Locker where they belong.

Zappit

Staff member
Look the NFL was doing the best it could. Granted, they rounded up high school officials, college refs who refused to distinguish the different sets of rules, a guy on the Seahawks' payroll, and at least one guy who was fired from the Lingere League for incompetence, but give Roger Goodell some credit. He could have picked anybody - literally anybody else, but he put out those guys, intent on literally flushing the integrity of the game down the crapper to force those rebellious refs in line, who dared to demand their pensions be restored.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Roger Goodell showed up to the party with a milk jug full of whiskey in one hand, a tank of gasoline in the other, and a flamethrower strapped to his back.

But seriously, I'm glad the refs won. $20,000 to reserve a seat before you even buy the damn season tickets? Fuck the owners for cutting back like that when the NFL pulls in damn near $10 BILLION a year. That's just greed on their part, and they got burned for it.

Hey, at least this week the QB who is made to look worse by terrible blocking and blown receiver routes won't be Jay Cutler.

Romo is getting close to breaking some of Danny White's records... which is fitting, both are great quarterbacks in games that don't matter. Or are great from the 20 to the 20, anywhere else and they are trouble.

Ok, I can kind of understand doing throwback jerseys... but these teams do realize why they're no longer using the old jerseys, right? They understand that their old jerseys were ugly, the colors available for mass produced fabric back then were usually horrendous and/or boring? Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.