[Gaming] Elder Scrolls 5 - Dawnguard is HERE!

You know I keep telling myself I am going to play again and do the quests I have not yet done, but the mod community is already reaching that point where I will spend more time downloading and trying out mods then actually playing. This happens a lot in community customized games with me, like it's one of the reasons I can never play The Sims anymore. I will have to make sure to limit myself on the downloads.

Dave

Staff member
I went a little nuts last night. There are no more living guards in Whiterun. The people don't seem to mind.

Never cast level 3 Storm Call inside Winterhold. xD
I went on a exploring binge and got me quite a lot of shouts tried Storm Call just for the hell of it and killed half the town.

In a world ruled by the power of dance, challenging his executioner to a dance off was the prisoner's only chance to survive. Unfortunately, the executioner was imbued with the ancient Nord art of Funk...

Yeah this shit is infuriating. 1.3 is officially my least favorite patch for any game ever.

I CTD within a minute of playing now. No mods, nothing. Just crashity crash crash.

What a fucking disaster.

And in the future, back up your saves before updating... just in case of any lack of compatibility between saves and older versions.

I haven't been able to play in a while due to this week being finals week and everything that led up to it has eaten all my time. I'm hoping to god it works well over christmas break, because that's pretty much what I plan to play for the next few weeks. After I finish Skyward Sword, of course.

Minor Spoiler...

I completed the Stormcloak quests. Ulfric gives a rousing speech to the army. Then turns to you to give you your leave and a private pep-talk. BUT THE MUSIC WAS SO DAMN LOUD I COULD NOT HEAR A DAMN THING HE SAID...

I've won for both sides now. Ulfric at least acknowledges your accomplishments.
This makes sense. To Ulfric, your the hero who made it possible for Skyrim to claim it's independence. To the General, your just another soldier in another war in his long and storied career. Why WOULD he care?

DAMN DAMN DAMN... I killed an Elder Dragon, only to get jumped by a second Elder Dragon... Then I took a screen shot of the two bodies and was booted to the desktop.

i did not save.

So, I uninstalled, reinstalled and all that jazz. Game can go 20-30 minutes without crashing now. Unfortunately, it seems that even though my save game still works, a ton of quest triggers have reset. So, I can walk into a city I've cleared of quests and everyone will be replaying things as if I just set foot there (attempted murder in Markath, stuff like that). Really shitty.

Alright enough whining about garbage patches. Anyone get Windshear? Most overpowered weapon ever. A high base damage sword that staggers ANYTHING on every single hit with limitless enchantment charges.

Alright enough whining about garbage patches. Anyone get Windshear? Most overpowered weapon ever. A high base damage sword that staggers ANYTHING on every single hit with limitless enchantment charges.
The wiki for that sword says that it just has a chance to knock opponents down. And it has a base damage of 13. I assume the damage you see is based off your level? Because it looks like a pretty mediocre sword to me.

Dave

Staff member
I love my main weapon: a Deadric mace with the double enchantments of Paralyze and Shock/Stam damage. And I have the Black Star and a Bow that captures the souls of those unfortunate enough to get in my way.

The wiki for that sword says that it just has a chance to knock opponents down. And it has a base damage of 13. I assume the damage you see is based off your level? Because it looks like a pretty mediocre sword to me.
Every time you hit a normal person, they stagger to their knees like they're at their last sliver of health. Dragons are staggered like you fus ro dah'd them in the middle of blowing fire, trolls do their backwards arm flail animation, mammoths drop a knee, giants drop to a knee on every hit.

Combat isn't even a thing anymore.

GasBandit

Staff member
Every time you hit a normal person, they stagger to their knees like they're at their last sliver of health. Dragons are staggered like you fus ro dah'd them in the middle of blowing fire, trolls do their backwards arm flail animation, mammoths drop a knee, giants drop to a knee on every hit.

Combat isn't even a thing anymore.
Reminds me of The Slayer, from Ultima 8 - a good mace with the unique property that each hit has a 10% chance to instakill.... but in practicality it worked out to be something more akin to 33%-50%. After that, it was just a given that I'd win any fight.

Grr...for some reason I cant find gear that enhances my entchanting (in Sandal's voice) ability.
It is driving me bonkers.I search every store every 2-4 days to see if they got something,but no,zip,nada! ARRRG!

Grr...for some reason I cant find gear that enhances my entchanting (in Sandal's voice) ability.
It is driving me bonkers.I search every store every 2-4 days to see if they got something,but no,zip,nada! ARRRG!
That's because it doesn't exist. Potions do for it, but not gear IIRC.

Yeah, I've never seen gear to increase enchanting. Every time I try to imagine the circle I'd have to make to create the best equipment I can, my head starts swimming.