* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 2 cups milk
* 2 cups heavy whipping cream
* 3/4 cup brandy
* 1/3 cup dark rum

Preparation:
Chill everything before starting, for best results. Beat eggs until frothy, then beat in sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Slowly stir in brandy, rum, cream and milk. Chill again, and serve eggnog cold.

Cajungal

Staff member
Polish vodka. There's a joke somewhere in that, but my synapses aren't firing tonight, and besides it's against rules 42-b, and section XI, paragraph 2 of the HF penal code.

A man walks into a bar and orders a glass of Polish vodka. As the bartender slides the drink to the patron, a man sitting next to him remarks, "That's a coincidence, I, too, am enjoying a Polish vodka. Since

I arrived from the old country, this is the only bar in which I have found it."

To which the first replies, "Old country, I'm from the old country. Let me buy you another!"

As the drinks are being poured, one of the men asks, "What part of the old country are you from?"

"Krakow," replies the other. "This is weird," says the first, "I, too, am from Krakow! Let's get another shot."

After the new round arrives, the first asks, "So, pal, what did you do back in Krakow?'

"Not much, really, I came here right out of high school. I graduated from Lech Walesa Technical Academy in '81."

"This is eerie," replies the other, "I'm Welesa Tech, '81. Let's get another shot." But the bartender says, "Slow down fellas, I gotta make a call."

The bartender calls his wife and tells her that he'll be late getting home. When she inquires as to the cause, he replies, "Oh, the friggin' Liszjewski twins are here again."[/QUOTE]

I love that joke! :rofl: Down here we just replace "the old country" with Carencro.

Ok, gonna need some US confirmation here. Apparently you can't get Sheridans in the US anymore?

Mind boggling.
Nope..haven't been able to in a few years.
nearly years ago, we had a friend coming in from Canada, and we made her bring 2 bottles of Sheridan's in exchange for couch space :)

Eggnog is motherfucking divine. Good eggnog, at least. I like to make my own and jack it up with some medium-quality Kentucky bourbon (since mixing the good stuff is just wrong).

I also make some killer eggnog ice cream and made a pretty fine eggnog custard pie one year.

I too have been known to imbibe the occasional nog, also the Silk variety, and typically enhanced with either a cheap whiskey or a good rum. I find it invigorating and bracing during the cold, harsh holiday season.

In other words, FUCK YEAH! EGGNOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.