EGGNOG!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggnog on one side of my desk, hot chocolate on the other and a chocolate donut on a dish next to my computer. Life is gooooooood.

It's a nog that has egg in it.

Eggnog is a libation traditionally served during the holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. Eggnog is made from cream or milk, egg yolks and sugar. Those who imbibe may choose to add brandy or rum to their eggnog. Those who drink eggnog are customarily supposed to drink to each other's health, though after a few glasses of spiked eggnog, most will drink to anything.
Even more on its history here:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-eggnog.htm

A single batch of eggnog doesn't last too long 'round here. I may have to start working on an industrial scale to keep everyone happy. That means buying my bourbon by the barrel instead of the case from now on. :cool:

I had rum in my eggnog for the first time Sunday. I was tailgating for the Texans game, and that was the "Special Drink of the Day." Man, that was good. I think it may be Bacardi time.

As much as I like rum in eggnog, I tend to prefer bourbon. It's a Kentucky thang.
It's true, my gf is from Lexington and is going to be making some home-made nogg today. She uses really good bourbon and I believe a little rum as well. I can't wait to try it.

As much as I like rum in eggnog, I tend to prefer bourbon. It's a Kentucky thang.
It's true, my gf is from Lexington and is going to be making some home-made nogg today. She uses really good bourbon and I believe a little rum as well. I can't wait to try it.[/QUOTE]
I usually use middle-of-the-road stuff for mixing, but I'm not going to hate on anyone for going balls deep. Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek are some pretty fine bourbons if she's going that route.

It's true, my gf is from Lexington and is going to be making some home-made nogg today. She uses really good bourbon and I believe a little rum as well. I can't wait to try it.[/QUOTE]
I usually use middle-of-the-road stuff for mixing, but I'm not going to hate on anyone for going balls deep. Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek are some pretty fine bourbons if she's going that route.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the the middle-of-the-road liquor. Use the good stuff straight. Even the m.o.t.r. stuff is pretty decent straight.

It's true, my gf is from Lexington and is going to be making some home-made nogg today. She uses really good bourbon and I believe a little rum as well. I can't wait to try it.[/quote]
I usually use middle-of-the-road stuff for mixing, but I'm not going to hate on anyone for going balls deep. Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek are some pretty fine bourbons if she's going that route.[/quote]

I agree with the the middle-of-the-road liquor. Use the good stuff straight. Even the m.o.t.r. stuff is pretty decent straight.[/QUOTE]
I draw the line at anything in a plastic bottle, though.

I usually use middle-of-the-road stuff for mixing, but I'm not going to hate on anyone for going balls deep. Woodford Reserve and Knob Creek are some pretty fine bourbons if she's going that route.[/QUOTE]

Well, good stuff for her might be middle-of-the-road in actuality, I don't know exactly the brand she's using.

J

JCM

It's a nog that has egg in it.

Eggnog is a libation traditionally served during the holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. Eggnog is made from cream or milk, egg yolks and sugar. Those who imbibe may choose to add brandy or rum to their eggnog. Those who drink eggnog are customarily supposed to drink to each other's health, though after a few glasses of spiked eggnog, most will drink to anything.
Even more on its history here:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-eggnog.htm
Damn, you guys have the best christmas drink.

Here we just drink Coke or Skol beer, which is worse than Budweiser. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.