Do you identify as a feminist?

• Male: I identify as a radical feminist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

People, people, let's all calm down and objectify some women together.

:drool::drool::drool:

M

makare

If you want to talk about objectification, The Expendables. all the sexy sexy men.

Why?

I feel Charlie is sexist because his Us vs Them mentality puts it as Them = Women. To truly be equal, we must obliterate gender from our minds. We are all people. We are all men. We are all women. We are all humans. We are simply We.

Now I will go watch the We channel. It's for me... I mean Us. The great Us that We are.
And I want world peace and a pony.

Be realistic seriously. Feminism is about the struggle. It is not ABOUT equality it is about the struggle FOR it. It is acknowledging we are different but are still of the same worth. I guess there is just no way to explain it when people, as some have said, have such a negative view about.
Wow. She just took you seriously. Holy crap. Give me some of whatever she's taking. It sounds triptasticly awesome.

Um, no. Seriously. The "We" channel comment didn't even get one brain cell a-hopping? I had no idea that vacuous, mind-numbing willingness to believe in the most obviously sarcastic, facetious bullshit that sounds a little something like pretentious feminazi/hippie prattle was apart of my creed as a female feminist.

lol fuck all of y'all. it's true, Sara is the best feminist

Charlie out.
Egalitarian. Sara is the best egalitarian. :humph:

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Feminism is about the struggle. It is not ABOUT equality it is about the struggle FOR it.
Then I'm definitely not a feminist, because I've done my struggling but now I'm Too Old For This Shit. You youngins can struggle all you like, I'm taking Espy's beer and putting my feet up and enjoying my egalitarianism (which is about equality, not the struggle).

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Covar, you are a dirty bastard for crushing my aphorism. You can go to Hell!

:waah: <-- female privilege.

M

makare

Why?

I feel Charlie is sexist because his Us vs Them mentality puts it as Them = Women. To truly be equal, we must obliterate gender from our minds. We are all people. We are all men. We are all women. We are all humans. We are simply We.

Now I will go watch the We channel. It's for me... I mean Us. The great Us that We are.
And I want world peace and a pony.

Be realistic seriously. Feminism is about the struggle. It is not ABOUT equality it is about the struggle FOR it. It is acknowledging we are different but are still of the same worth. I guess there is just no way to explain it when people, as some have said, have such a negative view about.
Wow. She just took you seriously. Holy crap. Give me some of whatever she's taking. It sounds triptasticly awesome.

Um, no. Seriously. The "We" channel comment didn't even get one brain cell a-hopping? I had no idea that vacuous, mind-numbing willingness to believe in the most obviously sarcastic, facetious bullshit that sounds a little something like pretentious feminazi/hippie prattle was apart of my creed as a female feminist.[/QUOTE]

I was mostly still responding to sara's idea which was the serious version of that statement. Did it seem like I was upset or something? My last statement wasn't any different than anything else Ive said the whole thread.....

Everything sara has said has come off as very Miss America to me and that was what I was trying to get across. I wasn't necessarily responding to escushion.

M

makare

go cry somewhere else woman. he wants some snape-loving and he's-a gonna get it

Everything sara has said has come off as very Miss America to me and that was what I was trying to get across. I wasn't necessarily responding to escushion.
Yes, you're right. Listening to the concerns of 'the other side' and setting your goals to be inclusive is so shallow. Hell, even having a goal just proves I'm a naive airhead. So hand me my bouquet and tiara, I'll try not to fart a rainbow on anyone when I walk across the stage.

So if the goal doesn't matter and it's all about the Glorious Struggle, are you the Feminist Front of Judea or the Judean Feminist Front?

M

makare

The goal does matter but the goal doesn't magically happen. You don't get to say, this is how it should be and the BAM it IS.

There is a struggle and an imbalance first. And not acknowledging the imbalance isn't going to rectify it.

Now as my av says it's beer-thirty.

E

Element 117

Were I not a man hatin lesbian bent on the destruction of all Mankind, I might suggest the modern day challenges of gender differences renders terms like "feminism" obsolete for any useful discussions. Maybe the real challenge is answering specific inequities in any gender, collectively, not just saying "the min or wimmins have it harder"

Now if you'll excuse me:

The goal does matter but the goal doesn't magically happen. You don't get to say, this is how it should be and the BAM it IS.

There is a struggle and an imbalance first. And not acknowledging the imbalance isn't going to rectify it.
lolwut? Who has said gender equality happens in an instant, or that there isn’t any imbalance?

Nevermind. Either it’s the Chewbacca Defense or we’re having different conversations at this point.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Were I not a man hatin lesbian bent on the destruction of all Mankind, I might suggest the modern day challenges of gender differences renders terms like "feminism" obsolete for any useful discussions. Maybe the real challenge is answering specific inequities in any gender, collectively, not just saying "the min or wimmins have it harder"
:thumbsup:

C

Chazwozel

lolwut? Who has said gender equality happens in an instant, or that there isn’t any imbalance?

Nevermind. Either it’s the Chewbacca Defense or we’re having different conversations at this point.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of trying to have a discussion with makare.

Nevermind. Either it’s the Chewbacca Defense or we’re having different conversations at this point.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you don't know Chewbacca Defense like makare at all. She's going to law school, dammit.

M

makare

Alright I'll summarize it

These are the point as I have understood them.
1. Feminism is obsolete because many of the tenets of feminism are shared by other groups and people in general.
What difference does that make? We can't have more than one group that purports an ideology or goal?

2. Since some people/groups have taken feminism to bizarre extremes contrary to the essential elements it should be disregarded.
I feel kind of stupid having to explain why this argument is bad but ok. If we threw out every ideology, belief, goal system, etc because stupid try to ruin it we would have nothing. One bad apple may spoil the whole bunch but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water here.

3. A discussion of sexism often seems to attack men and that makes them uncomfortable.
Well sorry, sometimes we have to deal with uncomfortable things. As a white person in Sodak I am told at least every month or so that "my people" destroyed the native americans. I can come up with about thirty reasons why that is bullshit mostly that my personal family didn't get here until 1905 but I don't say those things. Because unfortunately for me I do have characteristics that coincide with the dominant system that DID crap on the native Americans. So basically, sucks to be me.

Are all guys misogynistic bastards who take advantage of their privileged place in society? No, I would guess most guys aren't Can we come up with a hundred examples of how men are screwed in society, probably. But that does not meant that the system isn’t still stacked on the men’s side. Men are on the “winning side” and yet it really sucks. Sorry, that’s the way it is. Don’t take the discomfort and the unfairness out on feminism. Feminism did not create the system it just tries to change it.
I think that about covers that part.

Revisiting the body language conversation. I feel that I ended up saying things that skewed my actual point. Yes body language IS important in communication, it can show things like mood or if someone is being deceptive. However, my issue was online communication and not mood, but personality. There is no body language online but that does not mean that online interaction is not valuable in learning about someone’s personality. When I was talking to Adammon, who was making really good points but I don’t think we were talking about the same thing, and Harglegargle McStalker I think my point got lost and my actual views were not represented.

And then onto masculine/feminine

What is masculine and feminine is not written in stone or genetic code. There are not three stages of history, cave man, 1950s and now there have been thousands of years of society evolution. Every possibly manifestation of sexuality has occurred in that time. Men have worn makeup and dresses and women rustic simple clothes. Gender may have physical and functional components that are unchangeable, men’s strength or women’s reproductive ability, but those stand secondary to society’s interest in dictating what is sexy and appealing by dictating what is masculine and feminine.

I think that about covers it. If you don’t get my point after that then I am incapable of explaining it further.

E

Element 117

Status
Not open for further replies.