[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Well I've been climbing GRs ever since hitting 75. Completing a rift (without dying) unlocks the next 2 higher levels.
I had to slow down once I hit GR89, apparently a pair of emeralds and three gems at only 25 apiece is not enough to push GR90 and above until I either level the gems or work the Depth Diggers into the build. It will mean losing the Focus/Restraint combo by subbing in an actual Band of Might and RoRG so I can put on the DD pants. That will leave me an open slot in the cube, though. Hmm...Magefist? Sash of Knives/Stalgard's Decimator*? Or do I put Oathkeeper in the cube and try for an ancient Devastator?

So many experiments to try.

--Patrick
*RATATATATATATATATATATATA...

Well I've been climbing GRs ever since hitting 75. Completing a rift (without dying) unlocks the next 2 higher levels.
I had to slow down once I hit GR89, apparently a pair of emeralds and three gems at only 25 apiece is not enough to push GR90 and above until I either level the gems or work the Depth Diggers into the build. It will mean losing the Focus/Restraint combo by subbing in an actual Band of Might and RoRG so I can put on the DD pants. That will leave me an open slot in the cube, though. Hmm...Magefist? Sash of Knives/Stalgard's Decimator*? Or do I put Oathkeeper in the cube and try for an ancient Devastator?

So many experiments to try.

--Patrick
*RATATATATATATATATATATATA...
...so why not just throw the DD in the cube to begin with? If you're seasonal, anyway.

Why do I always pick a build that uses Swamp Land Waders?? Every damn timeeee. I hate myself.

Now I get to make a second seasonal just like I did last season.

So I decided to try Boss Mode as a first conquest. I mean, if you're running a Chicken WD, it should have some benefits, right?
So I go ahead and do all the bosses, but I die against Malthael due to not paying attention. And then I kill him, and no achievement pops up...And I look at my stopwatch, and I'm at 19:01, which seems fast for a totally-not-optimized build. Sooooo. Whoops, I forgot there are two spider ladies out there. One minute to get to Cydaea was tense, but I finished her on 19:54 :D

One minute to get to Cydaea was tense, but I finished her on 19:54 :D
I already groan whenever she's on the list of bounties just because I know I have to go through two floors to get to her.
That and any of the "clear the second floor of the thingie," especially the Plague Tunnels. Ugghhhh...

--Patrick

I dunno. Still beats Urzael.

That said, my WD is now P260-something. now, I might be about 10 levels off, but last season this was the point I could easily solo T16 and finishing the journey was just busywork. now, I'm struggling with T13. I have all the relevant legendaries, the WD is just that much squishier.
I'm a fan of the WD esthetic and the Chicken speed runs, but overall...The Barb just blows it out of the water, solo power wise.
I'll stop nagging about it now, I was just looking forward to finishing this season early what with Corona lockdown and going back to work next week, and it looks like I won't make it. Booh.

I don't know. I was watching a P400-ish WD melt everything faster than my P300-ish Barb could keep up.
Maybe it's just CDR-related (as it so often is).

--Patrick
And build-related, and stuff. For all the fun of the Arachyr-chicken-build, it isn't exactly the strongest.

I dunno. Still beats Urzael.

That said, my WD is now P260-something. now, I might be about 10 levels off, but last season this was the point I could easily solo T16 and finishing the journey was just busywork. now, I'm struggling with T13. I have all the relevant legendaries, the WD is just that much squishier.
I'm a fan of the WD esthetic and the Chicken speed runs, but overall...The Barb just blows it out of the water, solo power wise.
I'll stop nagging about it now, I was just looking forward to finishing this season early what with Corona lockdown and going back to work next week, and it looks like I won't make it. Booh.
Brofist is for still beats Urzael.

Chicken build is definitely pretty squishy - I dunno if you're planning on working towards the new set build, but so far Nate's kicking ass with that build. He's nearly paragon 500 already and killing it in the rifts. It looks like a fun build. :) Though I know, giving up the chicken speed is rough.

MEANWHILE. MY DUMB ASS BUILD waoighwoighwaoehgwaoeihw. I need the stone gauntlets and they drop for barbs and crusaders so I GUESS I"LL MAKE A THIRD SEASONALSGOSIEGHOISEh. Guys. Why do I do this?

Second straight night of DDoS attacks against Blizzard. Sigh.
Router mfrs need to prohibit ingress of private IP traffic via the WAN already.

--Patrick

So I started playing D3 again, though the switch version. I've only been at it for a couple days now, but I've gotten to paragon 150 and have a decent demon hunter build that likes to throw a lot of knives.

Brofist is for still beats Urzael.

Chicken build is definitely pretty squishy - I dunno if you're planning on working towards the new set build, but so far Nate's kicking ass with that build. He's nearly paragon 500 already and killing it in the rifts. It looks like a fun build. :) Though I know, giving up the chicken speed is rough.

MEANWHILE. MY DUMB ASS BUILD waoighwoighwaoehgwaoeihw. I need the stone gauntlets and they drop for barbs and crusaders so I GUESS I"LL MAKE A THIRD SEASONALSGOSIEGHOISEh. Guys. Why do I do this?
Yeah, I have 3 pieces so far.
I have 5 pieces of Zuni, but while that is stronger, it'd require me to completely retool all my other stuff and ughhhh.
Anyway, Kags, for the conquest this season you're more or less forced to make several classes (either 6 sets to 55 or 8 mastered set dungeons) so it's not completely in vain.

5 pieces of Mundunugu. Threw it on, with pretty much none of the supporting legendaries. No Barber, no Mask of Jeram, no bracers/Sacred Harvester combo, no ring of emptiness, nothing. Just a Gazing Demise, pretty much? It's already easily outperforming my Chicken Build. Like the Horde of the 90 Savages, this new set feels somewhat overpowered compared to the other sets, at least on the lower levels. May change as you climb up, of course, but still.

Yeah, I have 3 pieces so far.
I have 5 pieces of Zuni, but while that is stronger, it'd require me to completely retool all my other stuff and ughhhh.
Anyway, Kags, for the conquest this season you're more or less forced to make several classes (either 6 sets to 55 or 8 mastered set dungeons) so it's not completely in vain.
Haha, that is true!! Got my WD and Barb up to 70 last night so I can start farming for parts today. And start collecting set pieces to do all the set dungeons. :)

Just an FYI, since I just found out today: the new sets (90 savages, Mundugu, etc) DON'T count for the "6 sets to GR 55" conquest. Bah humbug.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier :-P

And I just noticed I....seem to have some sort of bug? I'm wearing 2 parts of Captain Crimson's set - 20% CDR, 20% resource cost reduction, improve damage done by one and reduce damage received by the other.
Except...I'm now at 6% resource cost reduction, and taking a set piece off takes me to MINUS 17% mana cost reduction. That's...Not supposed to be possible?

When I change clothing, it jumps to 28% (as it should be) for a few seconds, then turns back down to 6.4%. I really can't see why or how. I'm wondering if there's some other thing at play that increases my resource costs? :confused:

*edit* and...There is. Not a bug. Apparently, Pierce the Veil is factored in as a -30% resource cost. Making this a horrible combination with this set. Whoops. Don't know if that's intended interaction, but, yeah.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier :-P

And I just noticed I....seem to have some sort of bug? I'm wearing 2 parts of Captain Crimson's set - 20% CDR, 20% resource cost reduction, improve damage done by one and reduce damage received by the other.
Except...I'm now at 6% resource cost reduction, and taking a set piece off takes me to MINUS 17% mana cost reduction. That's...Not supposed to be possible?

When I change clothing, it jumps to 28% (as it should be) for a few seconds, then turns back down to 6.4%. I really can't see why or how. I'm wondering if there's some other thing at play that increases my resource costs? :confused:
Are you wearing The Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan?

--Patrick

Shadow DH assassin is my favorite DH. “You get a knife! YOU get a knife! Everyone gets a knife!” Dance, dash, STAB.

—Patrick
I don't have the shadow set yet. I'm using the Natalya set for the rov bonus, cubed the dagger that makes impale do 4x damage and return hatred, and am using the quiver that makes you throw three knives

Once you get the Shadow set, that combo becomes... well, murder on single targets.
I would be something like P100 but still tag along on higher-level greater rift runs, because even if I couldn't kill mobs, once we got to the Rift Guardian, I would just gun it down in 5-10 shots.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I currently have 0 Ancients, and two-shot T16 rift guardians. This set be overpowered, yo. Just need a Unity and a Sacred Harvester so I don't get one-hit by those bleeping fat guys who explode on death. Those are annoying.

Solo'ing Curses remains an exercise in frustration and RNG. Found the Peated Bog chest 3 times so far. 337, 341 and 328 kills counted (I got a 350+ kill streak each time, but those don't count). Argh. Leveled a Barbarian all the way to 70 and started gathering sets for her just to get another conquest, but....This should be doable! Easily! Dammit!

Just the third conquest left and I'm done for the season, btw.

I haven't done even one conquest yet. I'm almost P700, though. Debating whether to start a Monk or Crusader to work on the multi-set conquests.

--Patrick
The multi-class conquests just ask such a big investment of time - not just gathering 6/8 sets, but also either doing GR55 with them, or mastering the set dungeons. Hardly any class has 4 easy set dungeons, so for that one you're better off investing in three characters, and ugh.

Anyway, 337, 346, and 345 now. GAH. And it seriously isn't damage - on T10 I oneshot everything by now. T&T, putting paragon points in attack speed, nothing really seems to make any difference.

Hey, my first primal ancient is an obsidian ring of the zodiac! As someone who played a whole lot of Diablo 1 back in the day, that brings back a lot of memories.

Eh, I'm not gonna be much help until I hit 70+.
If you're willing to PL, I'm fine with that, otherwise get some rest. :)

--Patrick