[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

how come your Monk's damage is that much higher?
273b is an outlier requiring specific circumstances. I don't know what the normal damage figures are (I have white damage turned off), but the usual crit numbers are on the order of 5-20b. You can view my build here if you want, but the short of it is that I'm stacking so many modifiers to Wave of Light damage and maxing out my spirit regen so I can use my WoL almost constantly. I feel like right now I'm approaching the top end of what I can easily support with the build, which would be GR60 (I've taken it to GR58 so far). I've altered the build you see in the video linked earlier based on my available gear and the fact that I want to be a little tougher, but there's still room to improve the damage.

@Squidleybits, you can find his WD build here.

--Patrick

Thanks for linking, at work so Steam links are hard to post :)
I guess it 's just a higher damage range then, my crits tend to stay between 9B and 13B with the normal buffs up (so no Power pylons or the like).

Hi Bubble,

I do have a few ideas for your WD, Miss Bublette:

I agree with your skill choices. I use the Healing Journey for Spirit Walk because I like the second healing ability. I get hit a ton though.
If you find that you move around too much for the Compass Rose set to benefit you much, you can always go with a Hellfire and CoE

For gear, when you find these pieces, I would recommend a Witching Hour belt for the crit damage and attack speed, a Sacred Harvester (decent ancient ones of that don't seem to exist though), a Furnace for the cube and to cube your RoRG if you find a Short Man's ring with awesome stats.

You're using the Enchantress?

Yes...I always start out with her and never really bother to change :p Don't have the Never Die Legendaries for the other two, though that's just a matter of cubing some Rares, I have plenty (even Ancient) versions of the "all skills" ones though :confused: Would it make a lot of difference?

I haven't found a WH yet that comes close to my current belt, ditto on Sacred Harvester. I have one, and I've considered putting that in the cube for the extra SH stacks (its damage is 40% lower than my current weapon's), but the TOTD in the cube is kind of useful, making both Swampland Attunement and Grave Injustice stronger :), so I guess I'll just keeping paying Kadala and hoping :p Furnace would certainly help, though, I'm noticing the time the RGs take going up quite a bit :(

As for jewelry, same story, really. I've made several Hellfire amulets but none with a sensible passive for this build, or stats coming close to this....I don't currently have a decent COE, but I do think I have it in my cube. Not sure about the stats of the SMFs I have in my stash, I think there's an ancient one but not sure of its stats at all. Either way, that change'd have to wait 'till I find a better amulet. So far, I do manage to keep the Traveler's Pledge on damage quite a bit, really, it's only with some types of elites (Arcane and Desecrator) I have to keep moving around :)

Man, GR68, was being kind of close...Then Agnidox proceeded to one shot me 5 times in a row :confused: (after which, of course, it became completely ridiculous since with all my equipment broken I had 18K life and I fell over when he sneezed :p). I found a WH, which would increase my damage....but also lower my Toughness even further, and I've noticed I've already gone from 1M to 500K life, and from 18M to about 10M toughness. Dang, I may have gone overboard rerolling to INT and Area Damage.
Anyway, stuck at GR67 for the moment. Guess I'll have to grind a bit more.

I found that literally the easiest of any set dungeon. :confused: I think the trick is NOT to do too much damage, really - getting enough enemies GOTD'd is hard when they die almost-off-screen.

In another matter, finally found a slight upgrade to my weapon after, you know, using this one pretty much since I hit level 70. I'm in doubt whether or not it'd be sensible to roll off one of those for Area Damage, though. I'm at 120% now, and 100% is still plenty, and losing any of the current primary stats doens't seem like it'd be worth it. The huge LOH might be useful considering my low, low, loooowwww toughness and Recovery at this moment. Thoughts?
Wildwood.jpg

The LoH is critical for keeping you alive in higher level grifts and works well with your zombie dogs and their leeching.[DOUBLEPOST=1465232650,1465232548][/DOUBLEPOST]I would reroll the damage maybe and try to get a bit more. LoH is far better than area damage for this build and you have a ton of area damage already

A similar question (I dunno, I'm finding lots of "potentially useful" stuff today. Also includes 2 unities and 2 RORGs....And an Ancient Witching Hour from the Cube. RNGezus is in a slightly better than average mood, I guess. Or I'm not finding better stuff than usual, I'm just less sure of my own choices and asking for help today. Take your pick)

TOTD.jpg

Bear in mind, I haven't found a Furnace yet. My Cube weapon is currently the TOTD, since its 20 yds pick-up increase helps with reducing cooldowns and keeping up my health. Using the TOTD instead of the Uhkapian would mean freeing up that slot - even if it's for the Uhkapian itself, that's still a benefit since the Cube version transfers 30% instead of 26% damage. The slight damage decrease is more than offset by the 12% Garg damage...though, of course, I could just as well reroll the Area Damage to Garg damage, too. gah! decisions!

Last edited:
I found that literally the easiest of any set dungeon. :confused: I think the trick is NOT to do too much damage, really - getting enough enemies GOTD'd is hard when they die almost-off-screen.
That's not the problem I'm having, really. Once I figured out a decent route through the dungeon, I can get enough enemies grasped and killed to complete the dungeon. The trouble I'm having is that a fallen lunatic who explodes doesn't count as a "kill," so I will clean the entire dungeon and it will still say "1 enemy remaining" even though there are no actual enemies left to kill.
Strange how I am also using an ancient Voo's Juicer, nothing else has come up yet that is better, and at least I get to leave Manitou running to keep my mana and health full.
Also, I have today off, so I thought I'd just complete my Arachyr's set so I can do the dungeon (Internet says it's even easier than Zuni), but my Internet went out today for half an hour and the kid is gonna be home soon. Grr.

--Patrick

Damn Kid!

....no, wait, that's not the frustrating part there, is it? ;-)

Just barely missed GR70; bit of bad luck in that I got Agnidox yet again. I don't know why his attacks are all pretty much one-hit kills for me, but they are. Oh well. Next time - my speed through the dungeon itself tells me I can manage it, given a good lay-out... but that's still 5 levels short of the conquest. Geeze. I don't know what I've got left to upgrade to such a significant degree! Well, a Furnace, clearly, and I guess getting a really good ancient Sacred harvester to replace my weapon...both of which I can only imagine will take ridiculous amounts of grinding. An ancient Hellfire amulet with the perfect combination, but it'd have to be really good to replace this one...I have an ignore-arcane-amulet with decent stats and it still doesn't come close to this one.

The Internet is right. Arachyr's set dungeon is much easier to Master than Zuni, and you don't even need any supporting equipment, just the bare set is enough.

--Patrick

My gems are now at 65/62/60. Soooo close.....Just a few more GRs.... yeah, 75 solo isn't happening any time soon, so now I'm going for three gems to 65. Going to finish Guardian this season! Upwards and onwards to the stash tab, I guess....

With a Sacred Harvester and a Furnace, your WD can do a 75 :)
No doubt, but I've yet to find a Furnace anywhere. I've been trying Kadala and the Cube, but there's too many higher-odds 2H maces out there, apparently. I did find an Ancient SH, and it isn't even too crappy, I guess....

ASH.jpg Throw in a Gift for a socket, and the damage is...Well, maybe 5% or so less, but okay. rerolling that VIT to LOH is going to take time, though, and I don't see much else of an option. How the 7% to elite compares to the 9% overall completely eludes me - damage bonii aren't as easy to compare as they used to be what with some being additive and some being multiplicative. Less INT than I'd want, but I can live with it. Once I find a Furnace, I'll throw that in the Cube and start using this - for now, though, the SH is in the Cube. I don't really have anything else I'd put in there to favor this weapon right now - either Henri's Kitty or the Uhkapian for damage reduction, I guess, but then I'd rather have the higher damage for now.

Also, RNGezus is having his revenge today. For a 60% upgrade chance, I'm currently batting 10/36. That's, um, not my idea of "60%" :p

Don't forget the kitty!

--Patrick
Y'know, I'm still not 100% convinced Henri's is the best damage reduction option as an off-hand. It provides an 80% reduction to the first hit and a 3sec charm, Uhkapian gives a flat 30% reduction to all damage. And TOTD allows for more deaths to count towards restoring health and reducing cooldown on Jaunt. Still, I'll see which turns up first :p

That said, Huzzah! Finished my conquest, finished Destroyer!
Onwards to Conqueror and...oh, I've....already done everything they ask, except a second Conquest. Okay. Guess I'll go back to trying to push to 75 Solo :p I have to say, the conquest options - certainly for solo players - are very limited.

Y'know, I'm still not 100% convinced Henri's is the best damage reduction option as an off-hand. It provides an 80% reduction to the first hit and a 3sec charm, Uhkapian gives a flat 30% reduction to all damage. And TOTD allows for more deaths to count towards restoring health and reducing cooldown on Jaunt. Still, I'll see which turns up first :p

Onwards to Conqueror and...oh, I've....already done everything they ask, except a second Conquest. Okay. Guess I'll go back to trying to push to 75 Solo :p I have to say, the conquest options - certainly for solo players - are very limited.
Which one is better is very build-dependent, of course. Now that I've mastered a set dungeon, I'm onward to Destroyer, looks like I just need to do the assault beast, a conquest, and Malthael.
Welp, I can do GR58, so 20min later it's just the conquest left to do. I'll probably start working on getting my gems to 65 tonight. I've been part of groups that do rifts in 3min, maybe we'll try for the 2min one instead. I miss conquests that don't require a) other players, or b) 35hrs/wk play time to grind enough. They say the seasons now will be about three months each, that means we are at about the halfway point right now.

--Patrick

The 3 gems to level 65 in regular and hardcore is very manageable solo as is the 75 greater rift. A good group and an outdoor rift can get you the t10 in under 2 minutes and with a partner, the 350 kills from one chest should be easy. I got it on hardcore with a partner and got to 317 solo in normal mode. I just need to find a willing partner to try for it in normal.

All of those rely on "a good group" or "a good partner" though, not "PUG".
And the HC ones are downright impossible for me. Even if I wanted to try, they'd take at least as much time as the regular one. I'd rather go for GR75 on my WD, thank you :p I didn't say they were impossible, just that, for a solo player, limited. All in all, there's 5 of them, and the same in HC again. A bit more imagination'd have been fun. I know everyone hated the set dungeon and such ones from last season, but still.

Once you get high enough in level, your PUGs tend to be with higher quality players, especially if you've been playing a while (i.e., how many minutes you've been playing in your current session).
This is anecdotal, though. I feel like I've seen it, but I have no objective proof.

--Patrick

Some people behave oddly, though. Earlier I was rifting in public and had a P800 wizard who quite literally flew through the rifts in constant Archon mode...But didn't pick up anything. Literally - not even progress orbs. I just had to run after her and pick them up....Never went back to town, either. I was wondering if she was bot, but she spoke in chat, so....:confused:

And GR70 in the bag. 5 more levels to go....

She may not need anything but keys?[DOUBLEPOST=1465337304,1465337259][/DOUBLEPOST]
And the HC ones are downright impossible for me. Even if I wanted to try, they'd take at least as much time as the regular one. I'd rather go for GR75 on my WD, thank you :p I didn't say they were impossible, just that, for a solo player, limited. All in all, there's 5 of them, and the same in HC again. A bit more imagination'd have been fun. I know everyone hated the set dungeon and such ones from last season, but still.
The 3 gems to level 65 can be done solo in both normal and hardcore.

Earlier I was rifting in public and had a P800 wizard who quite literally flew through the rifts in constant Archon mode...But didn't pick up anything. Literally - not even progress orbs.
I've seen this, too. People who just blow through the rift killing stuff but never picking up the orbs. I don't get it.
She may not need anything but keys?
If she were just after keys, you'd figure she'd stop to pick up the orbs, since that would get to the rift guardian sooner and to the keys sooner. I just don't get it. Maybe they're just after gear? There are people who just farm TX rifts solely to try and upgrade their gear, since you get more total legendary drops per rift in yellow TX than you do in purple.

--Patrick

I definitely understand doing TX either for gear, or for DBs, or for the speed achievements, or for keys. For all of those, picking up the orbs makes sense :p
Also, GR71. Have I mentioned how much Agnidox can go suck a big bag of....errr.....Arcane Turrets? I had 6 minutes to spare and beat it with just over a minute, thanks to him one-shotting me. And Fire's my highest resistance! Once the SH stacks wear off, his nova, his breath, his wing attack, his Desecrator pentagrams and his pulse are all one shots, only his meteors aren't. Some of those are avoidable, some simply aren't. And he doesn't spawn minions to recast SH off of. Cold Snap is similar, but, for me, more manageable. Most RGs are ok - Perendi one-shots me too but his moves can be avoided. Oh, Perdition sucks, too, but I don't see him that often.

I definitely understand doing TX either for gear, or for DBs, or for the speed achievements, or for keys. For all of those, picking up the orbs makes sense :p
Also, GR71. Have I mentioned how much Agnidox can go suck a big bag of....errr.....Arcane Turrets? I had 6 minutes to spare and beat it with just over a minute, thanks to him one-shotting me. And Fire's my highest resistance! Once the SH stacks wear off, his nova, his breath, his wing attack, his Desecrator pentagrams and his pulse are all one shots, only his meteors aren't. Some of those are avoidable, some simply aren't. And he doesn't spawn minions to recast SH off of. Cold Snap is similar, but, for me, more manageable. Most RGs are ok - Perendi one-shots me too but his moves can be avoided. Oh, Perdition sucks, too, but I don't see him that often.
Orlash.

Orlash can die in a fire. Preferably one I can adjust as needed. Which would be upwards. Forever.

--Patrick

Note the Rift Level. Note I had a crappy, crappy huge long sewer level with hardly any elites. Note that I probably wouldn't have made it unless I got, like, Hamlin, or the Bone Walker. Note, however, which RG I got on my first try here.
Screenshot011.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1465342937,1465342748][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and for those following at home: yes ,I had a few days off, and no, I..ehh...didn't really do much else besides Diablo III :p (and get the heater fixed. That annoyed me enough to take all my willpower for the day. Screw that piece of junk. I'd almost feed it to Agnidox.)

I got a good group last night and we were doing 85s quickly and well. Then we had one that was going well but a bit slower. I braced myself for the inevitable whining and then I got a new record! Buddy in our group had changed it to a 90 and I had been too tired to notice. We did several at 90 and then when he said that he could only do one more, he bumped it up to a 95! This time I noticed lol but said yes and we did it pretty quickly as well.

Got mah Stash Tab! Huzzah!

Ok, what do they ask for the next level...Diablo in 45 seconds, guess I can do that...A third conquest, well, given I can do GR74 solo I'm sure I'll manage 75 eventually...Level 70 harcore?! What? But....but..... Awwww.