[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Got mah Stash Tab! Huzzah!

Ok, what do they ask for the next level...Diablo in 45 seconds, guess I can do that...A third conquest, well, given I can do GR74 solo I'm sure I'll manage 75 eventually...Level 70 harcore?! What? But....but..... Awwww.
Level 70 HC is one of the single easiest things you will ever do in Diablo 3.
If you can get to level 70 in softcore, you can get to level 70 in hardcore.

--Patrick

Level 70 HC is one of the single easiest things you will ever do in Diablo 3.
If you can get to level 70 in softcore, you can get to level 70 in hardcore.

--Patrick
Oh, I'm sure I can do it, I've done it before....But it's suddenly "build na new character" instead of "take this character further". It surprised me, is all. In theory I'm all for it, though it's again something that for someone with a group of friends or a guild is basically "wait in town 5 minutes" while it's a few hours' slog for a solo player. As noted somewhere above, it took me just under 7 hours to level my WD to level 70 this season - and she died a few times getting there. Being more careful and staying at lower difficulties pretty much means it'll take me at least as long in HC. And for some reason, I chose a Wizard there. I may be slightly masochistic.

Oh, I'm sure I can do it, I've done it before....But it's suddenly "build na new character" instead of "take this character further". It surprised me, is all. In theory I'm all for it, though it's again something that for someone with a group of friends or a guild is basically "wait in town 5 minutes" while it's a few hours' slog for a solo player. As noted somewhere above, it took me just under 7 hours to level my WD to level 70 this season - and she died a few times getting there. Being more careful and staying at lower difficulties pretty much means it'll take me at least as long in HC. And for some reason, I chose a Wizard there. I may be slightly masochistic.
@Squidleybits and I had a discussion about this. It seems that the sort of player who is dedicated to powering through and leveling and racking up hundreds of paragon levels is NOT a person who can make it to level 70 in HC without dying...even when someone else is doing the work. It's just too much for them to stand still and not get into fights and not loot that they go crazy and get killed.

I don't get it, either.

--Patrick

Well....When you leveled me, you saw me "stand still" :p Heh.

It's a shame the achievements etc don't cross servers or I'd ask her @Squidleybits for a bit of help on this :-P

Anyway, level 21 now. Let's go get myself a crown. Then, let's spend an hour discussing with myself whether I'll og RoF or Disintegrate this time around :)

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I often get asked to do power levels in hardcore. I am happy to do it but nothing drives me more crazy than the guys who don't listen for when its safe to come in to the rift, follow me around even though they should stay at the entrance and go for sub 70 legendaries and die. Then they expect me to be cool starting their powerlevel again and they still can't sit still.[DOUBLEPOST=1465416144,1465416076][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well....When you leveled me, you saw me "stand still" :p Heh.

It's a shame the achievements etc don't cross servers or I'd ask her @Squidleybits for a bit of help on this :-P

Anyway, level 21 now. Let's go get myself a crown. Then, let's spend an hour discussing with myself whether I'll og RoF or Disintegrate this time around :)
If I help you get a US Server Conquest, will it count for where you're doing the rest of the journey?

Nope, sadly, it won't. EU/US are completely separate - stash tabs etc don't carry over, either, they're even more separated then HC/SC :p

Did the numbers on RoF/Disintegrate get tweaked? I remembered Dis doing more damage than RoF, but at a higher cost; now its damage is lower, too. (though Arcane, so better)[DOUBLEPOST=1465416908,1465416428][/DOUBLEPOST]Ahh, right, the piercing vs the auto-focus, now I remember why I prefer Dis.

Level 31 now, and I have to quit. 4x12h days coming on, so before I can continue, it'll be Monday at the earliest....

Last edited:
Well, ok, so I decided that even though I was tired, playing a bit of D3 would be a good idea. On my HC character. Hmmm. And I also decided to finally get around to changing the hotkey for potions (it's Q standard, which is weird on my AZERTY keyboard - where your A is, and vice versa). Except muscle memory's a bitch, of course, so even though it's now technically in a better spot, I constantly mis-click.
So I was in a rif at level 56, and found the largest Goblin pack I've ever seen; Truly, it was magnificent - some 40-ish goblins, more than a screen full. Chasing them around was fun, but using Teleport to catch them might have been a mistake...I found myself surrounded by (a bunch of goblins and) three Elite packs at once - Jailer, molten, waller, and arcane enchanted. Oops. We all know where this is going, right?

....Anyway, I'm now level 61, and still cruising along, since I'm not so stupid as to play on too high a difficulty in HC :p Just too bad that gob pack didn't come a bit later, it more than quadrupled my amount of gems, but...they're all square and flawless square, and who's going to upgrade all that crap? Sigh :p

I forgot how much fun I had playing a Wizard. I'm definitely not going to be playing a whole lot of HC - I think that encounter above gave me half a heart attack, as I survived with an invisible sliver of health - but I might roll a SC Wizard as well once this one's level 70, just o mess around with. WD is fun, but different.

We all know where this is going, right?
Part of the reason I play a Wizard on HC is because they have the highest number of get-out-of-death-free effects available to them, making it much harder to accidentally lose the character.
Barb is my second because of the absolutely huge amount of DR available to them (and the fact that Whirlwind lets you move through enemies, so you can't be trapped).

--Patrick

PTR 2.4.2 Patch notes

1. Three new Torment difficulties
2. Less gold increase and cheaper empowering
3. A lot of skills that could, now can no longer stack with the same from other sources
4. Some item redesigns, though most won't be important to WDs, which everybody here plays most. Wizards' Firebird Set changes completely, though, for those playing a Wiz as well.
5. Higher Key and Machine drop rates.

In more personal news, GR75 solo still eludes me. GR73, 5 minutes to spare. GR75, usually somewhere between 17 and 18 minutes. 100 P-levels later and those numbers pretty much haven't moved. For some reason, haven't seen a single really good map yet, either. 75 seems predestined to be caves, sewers, or Halls of Agony, over and over and over. When I'm rifting lower for gear or gems, oh, sure, have some open deserts, and some frozen forests, and perhaps a hellrift, whatever you like. 75? Junk, junk, junk. And usually with Agnidox at the end of it if I finish before the timer runs out.

I need to complain around here more often. Decided to go back to Endless Walk instead of my much-higher-damage amulet and CoE, and boom!
Only "45 seconds Diablo" left, I haven't actually tried but I can't imagine that'll be a huge problem. Well, it's not exactly a boss-fighting build, but still....
Conqueror complete! Huzzah!

Now, on to doing something useful with my life again :p

Last edited:
I need to complain around here more often. Decided to go back to Endless Walk instead of my much-higher-damage amulet and CoE, and boom!
Only "45 seconds Diablo" left, I haven't actually tried but I can't imagine that'll be a huge problem. Well, it's not exactly a boss-fighting build, but still....
Conqueror complete! Huzzah!

Now, on to doing something useful with my life again :p
Had you taken advantage of Caldesaan's augments? Or have you done all of this with "stock" gear?

EDIT: moved to its own post, see below.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Looked through the coming changes. Not sure I like the one for the Invigorating Gemstone, because it cheapens Krelm's Bracers and Ice Climbers. I am intrigued at having higher yellow rifts, though.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the changes to the Monk set, that single change may push the BotS build I've been trying to make from viability all the way to awesomeness.
Oooh! They're adding a button to hide the UI! Awesome! This wasn't an issue until I started being able to do rifts at 60+, but I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally tried to dismiss my Templar or start a chat with @ScytheRexx* because I've accidentally clicked on a toast window that popped up onto my screen rather than on an enemy.

--Patrick
*Nobody in my friends list goes online/offline more than this guy.

OMG - there's a queue to log into Battlenet!! @HCGLNS is stuck on that and I'm in a 30 minute queue to get from the Battlenet app to my Character screen. What on earth is going on?

Great, this is just what I don't want to hear, seeing as I'm finally going to get home in time to actually play a little tonight.
Blizzard's Twitter feed has the usual "we just released a hotfix, we're currently investigating an issue affecting our auth servers which may result in failed or slow login attempts." From about 35m ago.

--Patrick

Changes are coming, and they're gonna completely reforge group play mechanics:
Wyatt Cheng said:
PROBLEM #1: Bringing damage support buffers is more effective than bringing a second damage dealer. Why bring damage dealer #2 when you can bring a damage support who increases the damage of damage dealer #1 by 300%?
CHANGE #1: We are going to be reviewing the party-based damage buffs provided by all the classes. The degree to which some classes can buff party damage is a huge contributor to the 1 DPS - 3 Support meta.
PROBLEM #2: It is too easy to group monsters together. This is bad because:
[list of reasons]
CHANGE #2: We are going to make adjustments to crowd control and pull effects to make it harder to perpetually pull monsters onto a single point.
PROBLEM #3: Extremely high rates of healing favor standing still to do more damage instead of respecting and avoiding monster mechanics .
CHANGE #3: One of the reasons you can ignore most monster mechanics is the amount of healing available. Expect to see a drastic reduction in available healing.
[...]
Fair warning: The reduction to group buffs is severe. People will be shell shocked.
If the goal is that 2 DPS can do more damage than 1 DPS + 1 support then it means no single class can bring > 100% worth of damage multipliers to the party. A support Witchdoctor in particular increases the effectiveness of party DPS by 300%+.
This is a highly digested version of the source post, but of course people have already started talking.

Me, I'm just worried what the changes will do to solo play. I want the rest of my stash pages, dangit!

--Patrick

It could be a new expansion, but really D3 also lost a chunk of big titles the last few months:

Josh Mosquiera - Director
Brian Kindregan - Lead Writer
Leonard Boyarsky - Writer
John Yang - Game Designer (moved to WoW)
Don Vu - not sure on title, also moved to WoW

Been trying really, really hard to get another conquest under my belt so I could get that stash page.
Was originally trying to get the GR75 conquest on WD, but I have a really speedy Monk build, so I switched over to that and started chasing the TX rift in < 2min conquest.
Could come close when solo, wasn't getting much help from PUGs, but then @Squidleybits dropped in and we teamed up to get one not that long after we started going. Yay! Stash page!
...and then the game gave us another one on the very next run. Thanks for showing us how easy it is, Diablo. Thanks a lot. Couldn't have done that earlier?

A bit of a reminder for everyone who plays: They've already said that seasons will be about 3 months each, last season started April 29, and day 90 will be July 28th, which is in just 3wks. PTR has already been testing patch 2.4.2 for almost a month now, so if you plan on getting any achievement(s) before then, you'd best get to it.

--Patrick

I'm pretty sure that we can get the Curses one as well. I would be happy to help you get the Gems to 65 in Hardcore as well if that's a better option?

Well, I'm working three 12h shifts this weekend so no Blood Shards for me! Though admittedly after finishing the Journey I had little reason or interest left to keep coming back :p

With season end being so close, maybe I should drop the rainbow hunt and work on pushing and leveling. I would love to hit Paragon 1,000 this season but I'm not sure if two weeks is enough time.

The Invigorating Gemstone just became a must-have in 2.4.2 for many builds.

--Patrick
If its proper immunity to all cc, it's received a VERY big upgrade. We'll see, but I can see myself using it not for those super high gr things but just for ease and fun of play.

If its proper immunity to all cc, it's received a VERY big upgrade. We'll see, but I can see myself using it not for those super high gr things but just for ease and fun of play.
I've been trying to design a CC-resistant build. I've had to combine Ice Climbers (Jailer, Chill, Frozen, Slow, Immobile) with Krelm's Buff Bracer (Stun, Knockback, Vortex) but that still leaves me vulnerable to Fear, Blind, Confuse, and more (as well as not letting me use the Legacy of Nightmares due to Krelm's Bracers being a set piece). Having a gem that negates CC will let me concentrate on proper gear rather than sacrificing to make it work (just have to give up a gem slot).

--Patrick

Phew! One character cleared, only another 200+ items to sort.

Might be ready by Friday, just need an hour or two more. They'd better hurry if they want to get this patch out before the season starts.
EDIT: Oh never mind OF COURSE it came out while I couldn't get to a computer for two days.

--Patrick

Season's been live here for 3 hours, and someone already has a GR40 solo in 5 minutes. With a WD, by the way, which are leagues ahead of all other classes at the moment, probably because the HT set is arguably the strongest available anyway.
Still, 3 hours to GR40 solo? Fuck, I'm level 34 :p