[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Season's been live here for 3 hours, and someone already has a GR40 solo in 5 minutes. With a WD, by the way, which are leagues ahead of all other classes at the moment, probably because the HT set is arguably the strongest available anyway.
Still, 3 hours to GR40 solo? Fuck, I'm level 34 :p
Some people have been playing the PTR and optimizing their strategies for weeks now. These people also have more free time than we do. Some of them might even be paid to do it.
I think GR40 is just Torment VIIII, but still, yeah.
Also they did nerf the HT set just before the season went live, but it wasn't a HUGE nerf, obviously.

--Patrick

Some people have been playing the PTR and optimizing their strategies for weeks now. These people also have more free time than we do. Some of them might even be paid to do it.
I think GR40 is just Torment VIIII, but still, yeah.

--Patrick
First in Europe for Avaritia just dinged...That's a 50M gold streak outside the vault, on Hardcore. Holy Moly. I know, these guys were powerleveled through in a group and whatnot, just like people paying or botting (I'm not accusing the pro DIII players of botting, for the record) in Pokémon Go, I just have to accept these people are playing a different game than I am, it just looks the same from the outside. It just amazes me exactly how fast the Firsts are going. I wonder what the fastest time to completing Guardian are.

First in Europe for Avaritia just dinged...That's a 50M gold streak outside the vault, on Hardcore. Holy Moly. I know, these guys were powerleveled through in a group and whatnot, just like people paying or botting (I'm not accusing the pro DIII players of botting, for the record) in Pokémon Go, I just have to accept these people are playing a different game than I am, it just looks the same from the outside. It just amazes me exactly how fast the Firsts are going. I wonder what the fastest time to completing Guardian are.
These are the people who will play the game for 2-3 weeks and then go somewhere else "I'm booOOOoored!"

The rest of us are just filthy casuals.

--Patrick

I'm one of the few in my clan that play all season. ibstart slow but I usually catch up by then end of the season. I'll start the season tomorrow, it will be my latest season start ever lol.

I made it to 70 yesterday, just barely, but I won't be playing for the next 2 days, so by the tome I get back, for some the season will be over

New season? Maybe I'll jump back in. Hardcore this time, because I just delete my characters and throw away all their stuff at the end of seasons anyway

I just delete my characters and throw away all their stuff at the end of seasons anyway
See, I just can't do that. I want to maintain a stable of one of each character so I can suit up the different builds and get used to them/see how they work before I waste my limited time grinding for seasonal gear only to find out it doesn't do what I want.

--Patrick

See, I just can't do that. I want to maintain a stable of one of each character so I can suit up the different builds and get used to them/see how they work before I waste my limited time grinding for seasonal gear only to find out it doesn't do what I want.

--Patrick
I only play seasons. Once that season is over I don't give a fuck

I only play seasons. Once that season is over I don't give a fuck
I know, and I get it, and Cranky is pretty much the same (though not HC), but I just gotta keep my stable so I can experiment.
The remaining characters get rinsed and recycled every season, though.

--Patrick

Finished the journey, well on my way to the next step. Having Helltooth as the free set really trivializes the early L70 game for WD. Having a Mask of Jeram drop back on level fifty-something, ready for cubing, helped too.

Cranky has finally hit 70.
Still gotta finish sorting my stuff into my off-season folks, just 13 days left before it all expires. Then I can finally add Diablo again to my free time rotation between my Hearthstone and Overwatch sessions.

--Patrick

I was using Chrushbane, and now look what dropped! Woe is me! :p
Yeah, I'll cube it eventually, but it'll be a while before I find a weapon/mojo combo to beat it. Too bad it isn't a better roll (I'm going to miss that LOH) but still. With both MoJ and the Furnace dropping before P100 I'm doing waaay better than last season, RNGesus wise.
Screenshot014.jpg

Finally cleared out my mailed items.
Now let's see if Barb was a good choice this season.
(checks set list)
Ooo, could be.

--Patrick

Got my hardcore crusader up to level 30. Normally he'd be 70 by now, but I've decided to take it a bit slower, due to not wanting to be murderized.

Got my hardcore crusader up to level 30. Normally he'd be 70 by now, but I've decided to take it a bit slower, due to not wanting to be murderized.
Crusader is a good choice. They're the toughest class (by design) and have at least two cheat death skills (once you hit 70), so you should be able to build him up rather nicely.

--Patrick

Ooo, was gonna post that but he said he wasn't finished with it yet. You can go directly to his posted data at http://d3resource.com/difficulties/

Still good info. At least I'm almost done with ChIII now. I had a bump where I mysteriously gained 20 levels on one quest for no discernible reason. Not gonna complain.

--Patrick

New Cupcake will be a week old tonight! I've cleared a 72 and should be able to get the conquest for a 75 clear once I get an ancient weapon and mojo :)

I am collecting gear to Make JadeCakes - there are people in the top 20 on the leaderboard using the Jade set. It's worth a try!

New Cupcake will be a week old tonight! I've cleared a 72 and should be able to get the conquest for a 75 [soon]
"I start slow," eh? You're clearing GR72 and it's only been a week!
...I mean, once I acquire my stash page I'll probably put D3 aside for the remainder of the season so I can concentrate more on Overwatch, but still.

--Patrick

By start slow, I meant time played. Many of my clan mates played non-stop for the first weekend and were on all the time this week. I started on Sunday and didn't do any marathons.

By start slow, I meant time played. Many of my clan mates played non-stop for the first weekend and were on all the time this week. I started on Sunday and didn't do any marathons.
I know, I know...but I think I've only been able to put in about 2-3 hrs total in the week since the season started, and there was a time I would easily put in 8-10hrs/day for an entire week.
"Adulting" is lucky it has such good long-term benefits.

--Patrick

Haven't really been feeling it this season, don't know why. Maybe because with HT I sort of rocketed straight to GR 45 and thne hit a brick wall...just waiting for the SMF and T&T and a RORG....I dunno. Feels sort of empty this time around. Still, I'll probably try to get the stash tab, too, once I get around to it.

Now that I finally got my Gizzard up to 25, I'm going to do my set dungeon*. Maybe after that?

--Patrick
*Wrath of the Wastes set requires that you take no damage during the dungeon.

Ah, it's for joining public games that it is locked.
70/200 for T9
70/250 for T10
70/300 for T11
70/350 for T12
70/400 for T13

I don't know what the pre-T9 requirements are, I didn't look until after I'd already surpassed them.

--Patrick

Now that I finally got my Gizzard up to 25, I'm going to do my set dungeon*. Maybe after that?
*Wrath of the Wastes set requires that you take no damage during the dungeon.
Sooooo...FYI the set dungeon says, "You can't take any physical damage." What they really mean is "You can't get hit by any physical damage." Having the Gizzard's 25+ shield active means I take no damage (lose no HP), but if anything hits me I still fail the dungeon.

--Patrick

Sooooo...FYI the set dungeon says, "You can't take any physical damage." What they really mean is "You can't get hit by any physical damage." Having the Gizzard's 25+ shield active means I take no damage (lose no HP), but if anything hits me I still fail the dungeon.

--Patrick
Weird, considering plenty of other set dungeons can be cheesed by using their appropriate amulet (helltooth for example).

--Patrick
You can fail the Zuni dungeon if anything gets in melter range.