[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

OK, just needed some war tapestries to cube an item, didn't have much time so I figured, I'll quickly do some bounties on a lower difficulty and try out the chicken - just throw those two on there (and the Zuni gloves in lieu of the Frostburns so I keep my set bonus), and off I go. That's hilarious good fun. I had...errr...Wormwood? Wildwood? Whichever's the staff that causes Locust Swarm to hang around the whole time, in the cube. Just zooming through packs of enemies, watching or hearing them die. Maybe explode in the middle of an elite pack for giggles. wheeeee. Only down side: it makes even Spirit Walk look slow afterwards, by comparison :p

Also, something I've been wondering: why Normal runs for bounties? I did this - completely unoptimized, not paying attention, just zooming along - on T2. Why not do your runs on T1? It's practically as fast and as safe (Ghom died in less than a second), but at least you've got a (reduced) chance of a useful legendary and some DBs on occasion.

why Normal runs for bounties? I did this - completely unoptimized, not paying attention, just zooming along - on T2. Why not do your runs on T1? It's practically as fast and as safe (Ghom died in less than a second), but at least you've got a (reduced) chance of a useful legendary and some DBs on occasion.
If you are faming crafting materials, you should at least be farming on T1 because of the greater number of materials you get per cache (3).
However, if you can farm efficiently on T1, you should try and farm on T2 if you can because the chance for getting a legendary in your cache is only 10% on T1, but 50% on T2. That's a 400% increase in the chance of legendary cache drops!
Your next bump is at T7, where you get +1 material per cache (4 total) and where you start getting the chance to get double GR keys or double cache legendaries. At T8, you start getting a chance at double Death's Breath from elites. And then at TX the number of crafting materials goes up again to 5 per cache.

So if you missed that progression:
Hard until you get to lvl 70.
If you don't have it already by this point, run Normal* until you get gear good enough to do T1.
Run T1 until you can step up to T2.
Run T2 until you can step up to T6/T7. This is also the point where you will probably level the 3 most appropriate gems for your build to lvl 25.
Run T6/T7 until you can step up to T7/T8.
Run T8 until you can step up to TX.

--Patrick
*Yes, I know it's a step down, but the difference in drop chance is negligible and things die much faster.

Also "firmare" is the Latin root for "to sign" or "signature" and also happens to be an anagram of "firearm."

It's important to farm bounties at the highest drop rate you can so T2, T7 or T10. If you're really pushing it to clear T5 then do the bounties on T2 because you'll get the same materials and it will be easier.

Protip to self: before GRift pushing, check you're wearing the right gear and have the right skills equipped, ya doofus. -_- I think that Rift was named the "avoidable death". Oh well.

GR57 solo, still without following any sort of build really, but starting to hit my limits. Put Jeram's in the Cube and equipped my T&T instead of those awesome awesome frostburns. Damage is up slightly (but not all that much, really - 100% extra pet damage vs 15% regular damage + 20% cold damage increase + higher CHC and CHD....), but my toughness really starts to suffer. As long as I can get 15 Fetishes up quickly enough, I'm ok because of Zunni, but once I die, it's hard to get those back quickly without going back to where I died...so I die again. Ugh. Got ot keep avoiding those Arcane turrets and Desecrators!

I have my hardcore character back. Before I do any greater rift pushing, I make sure to have a spare set of gear and gems put aside. Thank goodness for that bit or paranoia.

HardCoreCake is ready for action. I also went back to using my Aquila Cuirass. I'll save going crazy with both the T&T and Mask of Jeram for not hard core.

Jealous.
The only thing I really missed last season was the solo GR (which I realize is just playtime invested + a little luck). I'll be satisfied if I get the stash tab.

--Patrick

Ok, I have to ask-

The Horadric Hamburger? I never heard of this and now one dropped on me in Whimseydale.
It is one of the items that will only drop in Whimsydale, along with the Spectrum sword.
See, a "dagger" is also a slang term for a deli sandwich. Eh? Eh?

--Patrick

It is one of the items that will only drop in Whimsydale, along with the Spectrum sword.
See, a "dagger" is also a slang term for a deli sandwich. Eh? Eh?

--Patrick
Oh. Oh my. Too bad it looks like it's basically a Pig Sticker and there isn't anything special with it.

Oh. Oh my. Too bad it looks like it's basically a Pig Sticker and there isn't anything special with it.
The older ones were unusually fast attack speed, so there was a reason to want one. Nowadays, they're sought after more for the transmog.

--Patrick

Just finished a GRift 45 in 1 minute 55 seconds :D

It was pretty cool and had to share.
Just finished a GR46 in 2:26. I'm gainin' on ya!

Also want to say I was doing so much better on WD than on Monk (the two classes I'm playing this season), but then I got together the gear for the "One-Punch Monk" build I've seen online.
Guys.
I've seen "naked" (no pylon, oculus, etc.) crits as high as 38 billion from this.
Guys, my gear isn't even optimized nor augmented yet.
This is amazing.

--Patrick

A that looks fun
B that guy gets way more legendaries per rift than I do, damn.
Every video I watch, I think they always get more legendaries than I do.
Anecdotally, I'd be willing to bet that part of your chance to get a legendary is based on how long you've been playing (as in how many straight hours you've been playing) cuz the number of legendaries I get seems to ramp up a bit after I've been playing a while.

--Patrick

Every video I watch, I think they always get more legendaries than I do.

--Patrick
He got 15+ on a TX run, I get 5 or 6 on average; highest I recall in a TX rift was 10 in one rift. Maybe it's because I'm not as efficient at hopping around and killing only elites, I dunno.

He got 15+ on a TX run, I get 5 or 6 on average; highest I recall in a TX rift was 10 in one rift. Maybe it's because I'm not as efficient at hopping around and killing only elites, I dunno.
I added a little bit of postulating to what you quoted.
I've gotten lots of legendaries, too, but that was when there were 4 people in game. Heck, when doing bounty runs, I'll get 4-5 legendaries in a circuit just from kicking open chests and stuff.

--Patrick

I'm sorry, I'm too used to following bad examples :p

Anyhow, that meant it was as good a time as any to change up my build. HT Garg it is. Lots more survivability than Zuni, that's for sure. Much higher damage on occasion - I saw a 39B crit (admittedly while under influence of a Pylon and with all buffs up and all that, but it's still quite a bit higher than anything I saw before). More skills to juggle and more attention to game play required though, keeping enemies in the Wall of Death, pulling them in with Piranhas...And I really dislike not having a way to break down doors, barricades or chests outside of GRs except Piranhas. Since I don't have a good Henri's anyway (I kept Zuni's off hand as it's easily the Ancient OH with the highest stats I have), I'm now actually contemplating taking a Homunculus so I can replace Zombie Dogs on my skill bar with some primary skill just for that. Would mean a decent drop in regeneration, but it might be worth it :p

Aren't a lot of the videos shot on PTR characters? They up the legendary drops there significantly.[DOUBLEPOST=1464731748,1464731517][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sorry, I'm too used to following bad examples :p

Anyhow, that meant it was as good a time as any to change up my build. HT Garg it is. Lots more survivability than Zuni, that's for sure. Much higher damage on occasion - I saw a 39B crit (admittedly while under influence of a Pylon and with all buffs up and all that, but it's still quite a bit higher than anything I saw before). More skills to juggle and more attention to game play required though, keeping enemies in the Wall of Death, pulling them in with Piranhas...And I really dislike not having a way to break down doors, barricades or chests outside of GRs except Piranhas. Since I don't have a good Henri's anyway (I kept Zuni's off hand as it's easily the Ancient OH with the highest stats I have), I'm now actually contemplating taking a Homunculus so I can replace Zombie Dogs on my skill bar with some primary skill just for that. Would mean a decent drop in regeneration, but it might be worth it :p
I love Helltooth Pets! I feel like a tank with that build. So much so that it's the build I use in hardcore as well. It's really the only build that I've played that I feel sturdy enough on to even try. I play using an Aquila instead of T&T in hardcore and still made the leader board above people going straight damage.

Piranhas mostly, though for my main I've been debating using burning dogs as I think that would do it too. My super chicken just blasts through stuff.

So I'd really like to build a Monk set around Uliana's Stratagem. I have all the set pieces, I have a Fist of Az'Turrasq, I have a Flow of Eternity in the cube, I have an ancient Lion's Claw, I have the Gungdo Gear, and I figure I'll round out the set with a Madstone (since I haven't seen one yet). So for the last 40-50 or so Paragon levels, I've been talking to Kadala about helms (since there's no way to get spirit stones, specifically). And then I remembered that I can upgrade yellow spirit stones to legendary using the cube. Yay! Sooo...
random.jpg

"...random"
Hmph.

Also I did a GR49 in 2:48 GR50 in 2:56 tonight. Yay for Nemesis Bracers!
Also when fully buffed (Power pylon + Convention of Elements active) I've done >273bil in damage. Sweet!

--Patrick

Last edited:
GR67 in 10 minutes...I might actually get the GR75 conquest eventually, if I could just find a good Harvester. Or, you know, some more damage, somewhere.

So how come your Monk's damage is that much higher? I mean, my gear is far from perfect, I can easily see it doubling with proper rolls, but I don't see it suddenly multiplying by 10. And it's a fast build to boot, apparently. What's the downside? Incredibly hard to gear, very glass cannony, hard to micromanage?