[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Found an ancient Hellcat Waistguard, 6.9% extra damage compared to my current belt, but in doubt if that's worth sacrificing Krelm's buffs for (the no vortex/knockback and 25% speed over the cap are so helpful...). On a whim I went and looked at my level 69 Witching Hour....Still out-damages the HW, despite it being ancient and a good roll. That belt really is just a plain weaker version of WH. Psh.

Found an ancient Hellcat Waistguard, 6.9% extra damage compared to my current belt, but in doubt if that's worth sacrificing Krelm's buffs for (the no vortex/knockback and 25% speed over the cap are so helpful...). On a whim I went and looked at my level 69 Witching Hour....Still out-damages the HW, despite it being ancient and a good roll. That belt really is just a plain weaker version of WH. Psh.
The big deal of the WH is that it is the only belt that can roll critical hit damage. I believe the HW and WH are the only two that can roll attack speed, and I believe the Vigilante Belt is the only one that can roll CDR. It's worth sacrificing the run speed bonus if you are doing something that benefits from more attacks per second (life on hit, Bane of the Stricken, etc.), in my opinion the immunity from knockback/vortex far outweighs the vitality and run speed bonuses.

--Patrick

I'm aware. You're right about the vortex thing, really, but I'm already so slow, doing a T9 rift in 6 minutes is going to be hard, and run speed might help...Though realistically, in a T9 rift, I get hit often enough that it isn't up all that much.

I need to master a set dungeon and I am being a huge slacker on that. I think otherwise, I am just about done for the season's journey including the conquests.

Aaaaand today I remembered that there's a cube recipe to get your missing set pieces.
All this time I've been wooing Kadala when Zoltun Kulle had what I needed.
I guess he's not such a bad fellow, once you get to know him.
"You have access to a wondrous artifact of old, and that's what you want to do with it?" YES IT IS NOW GIMME.

--Patrick

Aaaaand today I remembered that there's a cube recipe to get your missing set pieces.
All this time I've been wooing Kadala when Zoltun Kulle had what I needed.
I guess he's not such a bad fellow, once you get to know him.
"You have access to a wondrous artifact of old, and that's what you want to do with it?" YES IT IS NOW GIMME.

--Patrick
The "can't be ancient" bit sucks, though.

The "can't be ancient" bit sucks, though.
I will worry about that once I can sustain T10. Prior to getting that last piece, I could survive T10, but couldn't hunt there. That has now changed, and now I'm only missing one piece from one set before I can say I have a complete set of everything.

--Patrick

Neat! I only have 4 different pieces of Jade, Helltooth and Arachyr....though more than enough doubles of pieces to switch them around, I guess.

I just managed to get a Legacy of Nightmares completed, made up of 2 Ancients. Good start, now to get 10 other ancients worth wearing together :p

I also just passed my non-seasonal paragon-level this season - now both at 287. Huh, there may be just a tad bit of power creep in this game; I haven't played that much this season.

Also got 2 Puzzle rings in a row and used them in T7 and TX (I wasn't quite sure how strong Greed got on TX but she was a complete push-over) so my money troubles are behind m, insofar as I ever had any this season.

And I've now leveled two gems to 35;working on a third.

All in all, a productive day, for Diablo-related definitions of productivity :p[DOUBLEPOST=1463851066,1463850922][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, for the first time ever, found a legendary potion! And got two in the space of an hour, now. Haven't quite decided yet which I'll use.

I finally got a Furnace on my hardcore doc and shortly after she died a grizzly death while I was rift-pushing :(

Sparecakes is now getting suited up to try and push.

Found an Ancient frostburn that'd really improve my damage, and since 5 out of my 6 skill are Cold, would be really useful...But I can't equip it until I find a RORG, or I lose the Zuni set bonus. If I take the other 6 Zuni items, I lose my Jade's bonus. Which...might be worth it? But Haunt's a really big part of my damage right now, alongside my pets...Darn it. And once I find the RORG it'll probably mean giving up the TMF, unless it rolls nearly perfectly, so....Yeah, that's gonna happen. *sigh* decisions decisions.

...And the second I say that, a RORG drops. Nice. It's a 16% hit to my damage replacing my Avarice Band, but I think the gloves'll make up for it. Onwards to some try-outs.
And sadly, that's 16% after rerolling some 40 times. If reforging a legendary wasn't so bloody expensive I'd try it.

It's hard to say whether it's the Frostburn or the new legendary gem I could put in the RORG, but my highest crits went from around 2.1B to 3B, so... It also doubled my regeneration stat (though that's just abysmally low, honestly)and my top Toughness (with 30 pets out) went from 46M to 53M. I'm going to classify that as a "good move".

I've still only found one RoRG, and it was Int on my WD. This is not helping my Monk, though. But I don't want to cube it.

--Patrick

Found an Ancient frostburn that'd really improve my damage, and since 5 out of my 6 skill are Cold, would be really useful...But I can't equip it until I find a RORG, or I lose the Zuni set bonus. If I take the other 6 Zuni items, I lose my Jade's bonus. Which...might be worth it? But Haunt's a really big part of my damage right now, alongside my pets...Darn it. And once I find the RORG it'll probably mean giving up the TMF, unless it rolls nearly perfectly, so....Yeah, that's gonna happen. *sigh* decisions decisions.
What build are you doing? Zuni-garg?

Currently 6 Zuni, 2 Jade; still using Haunt and GotD as damage dealers. Haunt deals a lot more damage, but GOTD is free and without cooldown, and does decent AOE - now that I finally figured out (yes, I'm slow) that area damage DOES work with AOE and DOES stack, it's actually useful. Anyway, against large groups of weak mobs, GOTD allows me to "tag" most of the enemies at once and my pets tear through them like no tomorrow. Also, the GOTD makes Bane of the Trapped work.

It's some sort of personal variation on Zuni-garg, with both my gargs and fetishes doing good damage and tanking, and Haunt for additional damage. Just cleared GR49 in 9 minutes solo; I'm starting to slow down, sadly... I'm sure it's not an optimal build, but it clears TX easily and if the gear had better rolls and/or I was a better player I'm fairly sure I could take it a bit higher still.

Yeah at some point I realized that I could surround myself with a swarm of critters for protection via Mask of Jeram + Triple (Short Man's Finger) Garg/Humongoid (for Cleave), 4 Zombie Dogs/Life Link + Midnight Feast passive, 8 fetishes from Fetish Army/Legion of Daggers, and up to 15 more fetishes from Fetish Sycophants. Also I have the Enforcer gem at 25+ to make them all practically immune to damage. The Zuni set gives me (and them) up to 70% damage reduction when I have a full complement of 23 (8+15) fetishes out, and having that many pets means I generally only have to worry about ranged damage or jumpers. I haven't found a good enough mojo to go the GotD route yet, so instead I have subbed in Wall of Death/Surrounded by Death + Jeram's Bracer to carpet the landscape with stuff to activate the Zuni when the haunts are thin. I am also using the 2pc bonus of Jade along with Haunt/Relentless Spirits to double out the number of Haunts I release per cast and the Quetzalcoatl in the cube to double the amount of damage those Haunts do.

So far, that build has allowed me to cruise through T9 even when I was < P200 level.

But I'm trying to work my Monk now to catch up, 'cuz she was only really able to start doing anything > T5 as of yesterday.

--Patrick

Currently 6 Zuni, 2 Jade; still using Haunt and GotD as damage dealers. Haunt deals a lot more damage, but GOTD is free and without cooldown, and does decent AOE - now that I finally figured out (yes, I'm slow) that area damage DOES work with AOE and DOES stack, it's actually useful. Anyway, against large groups of weak mobs, GOTD allows me to "tag" most of the enemies at once and my pets tear through them like no tomorrow. Also, the GOTD makes Bane of the Trapped work.

It's some sort of personal variation on Zuni-garg, with both my gargs and fetishes doing good damage and tanking, and Haunt for additional damage. Just cleared GR49 in 9 minutes solo; I'm starting to slow down, sadly... I'm sure it's not an optimal build, but it clears TX easily and if the gear had better rolls and/or I was a better player I'm fairly sure I could take it a bit higher still.
Do you have a Mask of Jeram? It's 100% increase to pet damage is a must and it or a Tasker and Theo are must haves with one worm and the other in the cube if you have a RoRG. I use Pirahando to group things and Wall of Death to slow and my pets destroy stuff. I don't use any attacks.

Do you have a Mask of Jeram? It's 100% increase to pet damage is a must and it or a Tasker and Theo are must haves with one worm and the other in the cube if you have a RoRG. I use Pirahando to group things and Wall of Death to slow and my pets destroy stuff. I don't use any attacks.
I found I absolutely HAVE to have an attack of some sort if I do any GRifts. If you don't you will get stuck at stupid places like barriers or weak doors you normally have to break down. Nothing worse than getting to one of those doors and being unable to keep going.

No MoJ yet....No idea how I'll integrate that once I get it, I have T+T in the cube right now. I do have another one to wear, but its stats are beyond horrible.

Once I do find a Jeram, I'll probably cube it and wear T&T instead of Frostburn, I know it'll boost my pets' damage like crazy. I'm sort of hybrid right now, with the Fetishes and GOTD doing about 130M-250M damage but fast, and the gargs and Haunt going much higher but somewhat slower. As long as I don't have to sacrifice my GOTD and Haunt damage for pet damage, it's fun using both together. And given that all my pets (except the fetishes) and Haunt/GOTD are all cold, +Cold damage is useful. Still, won't beat 100%, obviously.

After a very sad Hardcore death earlier, I am back where I need to be so I can push solo again. Why do I torment myself with hardcore?
Because there's such a buggering amount of HCachievements and conquests?
Because you need the thrill?
Because just finding loot wasn't random enough and you want to try your hand at the RNGeezus' whims as far as lag goes, as well?
Because of deep-seated masochistic tendencies?

Because there's such a buggering amount of HCachievements and conquests?
Because you need the thrill?
Because just finding loot wasn't random enough and you want to try your hand at the RNGeezus' whims as far as lag goes, as well?
Because of deep-seated masochistic tendencies?
Any and/or all of these? I can't explain it, but I love it.