[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Hey! You hosers were supposed to tell me when the game was on sale!

It's half off from Blizzard right now, so the game and xpac come to $40
Didn't notice. Sorry.
Come play anyway.
So my crusader is now at 70. I set the difficulty to Torment 1, which seems right. Now I just farm?
There are also bounties and rifts to try. You need to do bounties to get the yellow rift stones, and you need to do yellow rifts to get the purple Greater Rift stones. If you find that things are dying too easily, try playing yellow rifts. If you can easily survive a Torment I yellow rift, then it's time to try a Torment II yellow rift.

--Patrick

The difficulty in yellow rifts is exactly the same as doing bounties or story mode, except that there are more groups of elite monsters to run into and the chance to get a legendary item is doubled.

--Patrick

Nothing like leveling with Squishy to make you feel just a little inadequate about your own characters, though. my US DH is easily twice as strong as my EU DH, and he was still just standing there spectating while the mayhem went on. Now my EU DH doesn't feel all that powerful anymore :( :p

Just got to 70 with my EU DH - still only half the DEX of my US one. Whoops :p

Dave

Staff member
I have the same character class as her and I have no idea how she does it. Holy crap is she destruction on two legs.

I have the same character class as her and I have no idea how she does it. Holy crap is she destruction on two legs.
She literally destroys critters in T6 faster than I can on Normal. I mean, yes, Marauders + Bombardiers (double damage per sentry up and 5 instead of 2 sentries) is powerful, but still, it's nice. And then she complains she's not as strong as the DH from that video, yikes :p

Nothing like leveling with Squishy to make you feel just a little inadequate about your own characters, though. my US DH is easily twice as strong as my EU DH, and he was still just standing there spectating while the mayhem went on. Now my EU DH doesn't feel all that powerful anymore :( :p

Just got to 70 with my EU DH - still only half the DEX of my US one. Whoops :p
Welcome to 'Murica!

She literally destroys critters in T6 faster than I can on Normal. I mean, yes, Marauders + Bombardiers (double damage per sentry up and 5 instead of 2 sentries) is powerful, but still, it's nice. And then she complains she's not as strong as the DH from that video, yikes :p
Having 300 paragon points can make a world of difference in many things.
Also, she's a poster child for "Get to T6, then stay at T6."

--Patrick

That guy is in a class all his own! I'd love to be able to smoke a rift like that!

the profile says its lower (possibly due to Steady Aim?)
Yes, Steady Aim will mess with your sheet DPS because the profile website will assume [edit: that you will always have] 100% crit chance.

Also, you say you like Witch Doctors? (NSFW Lang)

--Patrick

Last edited:
Yes, Steady Aim will mess with your sheet DPS because the profile website will assume 100% crit chance.

Also, you say you like Witch Doctors? (NSFW Lang)

--Patrick
2.7 trillion health on that first champion!! Holy crap. I see that they have a WD keeping BBV up and locking down everything. I have the gear for that but haven't tried it out in a group yet.

I GOT A TALL MAN'S FINGER! I'm so stoked it's not even funny. This freaking giant dog is a MONSTER. I lost 40k overall on DPS but I think I more than make up for it with this crazy dog.

I think next I need to farm for a better RORG. Right now I have Int/Vitality/Attack Speed/ CHD, but if I could get the trifecta of Int/CHD/CHC, I think I'd be doing a lot more damage.

Yes I would like to try this.
...when I get home. I found some "let's go faster" gear for my Demon Hunter, it makes doing bounties easier, should help with rifts, too.

Also...started running up my barb last night with the gem of ease. Create new char, switch to adventure to equip weapon and gem, switch back to story mode on difficulty T6 and...
Killed that first zombie? Just that one zombie? Boom, level 9.
By the time Rumford opened the gates for me? Level 26.
Next time I'm going to remember to wear the +45% ring, too. That should be even more ridiculous.

--Patrick

I cannot wait until I get my X-Box One. Here I was thinking being at Paragon 331 was impressive, but Squidleybits blows me out of the water! I am a little terrified, however. The game has changed a hell of a lot since ROS was released and I'm not sure how 'far behind' I'm going to feel going into it with my character. It is really exciting, though!

Dave

Staff member
Seasonal just means you all start from scratch. People get on the leaderboard by doing rifts and by gaining achievements.

That's another thing, I've never done a seasonal thing!
It's ok. The seasonal thing is mainly for those people who are paragon 750 and the only challenge the game still holds for them is the greater rift system. A seasonal character gives these people a "fresh start" at level 1 with no artisans, no paragon points, no gold, no stash full of twinkets to pass around, etc. It's the Minecraft equivalent of starting a brand new world, and I know @Dave has spoken to that "fresh hit of game" feeling. There are also season-specific challenges you can try for bragging rights, things like "finish an act from start to finish within one hour," or "finish all five acts within one hour," or my personal favorite "finish the entire game acts I-V on Torment 6 level 70 in hardcore within an hour."

Also, you will get to keep all your paragon levels once you go to RoS. You just won't be able to earn any new ones until you increase your character(s) to level 70.

--Patrick

I tried really hard to hit the seasonal leaderboard with my DH. She's the best character I've had and I've been pretty fortunate with drops.

I achieved a personal best of soloing a level 40 greater rift on her which is better than any of my non seasonals. And ... I need a 44 to place on the leaderboard. Who are these people?!?

@PatrThom, seeing as I still have 400 Paragon levels before I reach that crazy level, I'm sure I'll have plenty of fun exploring the game before I feel the need to whip up a character from scratch every couple months. Besides, I hear you folks have these crazy gems and such which really change things up for you. I'd love to see the changes to the skills/items which have occurred since ROS has released (the last update X-Box 360 has had).

Really looking forward to that!