[Gaming] Diablo 3 : Ser Farm-A-Lot

Dave

Staff member
Today's the last day for season 7? When does 8 start?[DOUBLEPOST=1476482887,1476482784][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind.

Season 8 begins Friday, October 21 at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia. For help with time zones, click here.

First look at season 8

- WDs get Arachyr's set, which....well, it's defintely something else than last season where we pretty much started out immediately with the very strongest set. Cough.

- The Conquests this time around are...
--> Kill all the bosses at TX within 20 minutes of game start
--> GR75 solo
--> GR55 solo with 6 different full class sets
--> Master 8 Set Dungeons
--> Kill 350+ monsters from a Cursed Chest on TX.

8 set dungeons and 6 sets to GR55 sort of "work" together, but that means leveling and playing two seasonal characters (minimum) to level 70. High time investment, but, arguably, both doable without too much hassle except for grinding out all the sets. Kind of a focus on solo play, in that sense - the set dungeons, GR75 and GR55x6 are all strictly solo achievements. The 20min boss run and the Cursed Chest are focussed on group play but only on active non-PUG groups.

So can you group up and have each person take on a different boss?
Everyone has to be present in the boss fight. Groups do allow you to each go off and search for the hard-to-find bosses, though. Some are easy as pie (why even include Kulle?), but Adria or Malthael can take minutes to find; having one search for each of those (and Urzael and Diablo - they're the four hardest to find) and leave a TP in front of the entry to the battle is pretty much the best way to do it. But you need a well-coordinated team, that's why it's pretty hard or impossible to do with a PUG.

Here's a link to a pretty good overview of strategy, for the same conquest a few seasons ago.

I think what I'm most upset about is that getting a stash tab just keeps getting harder and harder, "Give 'em more of a challenge next time!" and stuff, and there's going to be a point where I just can't play enough any more to get stash tabs. This one was achievable. I've never done > solo GR65 in my life, and that's supposed to be one of the EASY ones.

--Patrick

I managed that one last season, but I didn't go over 65 this season... S8 saw some rebalancing and I, for one, definitely felt some of them. That said, I was also 200+ paragon levels higher in s7.

I do agree, but I understand their reasoning... Up to a point, why keep accomodating "casual" play? Most who now still play d3 must be fairly die hard fans, it's been out 5 years... But meh.

They started the new season the day AFTER my 9-day vacation ended. I might get to play Sun night, we'll see.

--Patrick
I thought they cut this season short for Blizzcon, but the timing makes no sense. Blizzcon is in two weeks, when the season's already underway yet it has a long way to go before finishing. You'd think finishing shortly before, then rolling out the patch right after, then starting a new season a week or two after BC would be most logic if they wanted to avoid leaks. Unless they're releasing it to PTR after the con and only to general public much later. Oh well.

Why are they frothing? It's only something that probably 40% of everyone said they wanted.

--Patrick
Seems like the main issue is getting nothing but Seasons lately, and on top of that having to buy a new character that'll be leveled and geared for the same stuff they've already been doing for a year or more on other characters.

Personally, as someone who got pretty bored with D3 during the Season cycle, nothing announced has me remotely excited.

e: Here's the thread.

Dave

Staff member
Wait. You'll have to BUY the character, but there will be nothing else? That's incredibly lame.

Dave

Staff member
So....you pay for a character but nothing else. I already have 7 stash tabs and cosmetics don't interest me at all. So how much are they pricing this crap?

I was going to be upset they weren't adding slots/tabs, but it looks like they are.
My next question is whether or not that means the max will still be 10? Or will it up to 12? And can I still earn future stash tabs if I haven't already maxed at 10 since I missed the one from last season?

--Patrick

I've been replaying TQ instead. Can't say D3 isn't a lot more polished in a lot of ways, but it's a nice break (though whaaaa picking up gold!)
Those conquests would've caused me way too much stress over time vs pleasure of playing.

Those conquests would've caused me way too much stress over time vs pleasure of playing.
I'm still sore over their decision to end last season ~1wk early with no prior notice, causing me to miss my first stash tab since they started doing that. I don't know if this season is going to end on Dec 23 (1wk) or Dec 30 (2wk), but I'm gonna try and lock in my stash tab while I can.
Just wish the "easiest" two this season weren't GR75 solo and 350 on a cursed chest.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I've been replaying TQ instead. Can't say D3 isn't a lot more polished in a lot of ways, but it's a nice break (though whaaaa picking up gold!)
Get Grim Dawn. If you like TQ you'll thank me.

It's official, Season 8 ends Dec 30th.
Whew! Was worried they'd short us again and make it the 23rd.
Just gotta grind to GR75, up to P583 as of this post, figure I'll be able to make GR75 if I can hit P800, 2 weeks to go, augments make a big difference.

--Patrick

Seriously, man....
justoutofgrasp.png

...fuck these conquests. P669 with almost exactly 85 hours to go, and I can pretty much do everything EXCEPT any of these conquests.

--Patrick

Holidays and family took a big chunk out of my available playtime last week (as they should!), so finished the season with P705 (my highest seasonal ever)...but no stash tab due to those ridiculous conquests (ridiculous for casual players, that is). I probably would've needed to grind rifts until I hit P800 or better to do them, but it's somewhat difficult to progress beyond P600 unless you group up for that sweet bonus to drops and XP. Ah well, the conquests for next season are ones I should have less trouble completing, and another stash tab is still available to unlock.

As a side note, what I'm really looking forward to next season is the introduction of the new 64-bit client, supporting DX11 and bringing better performance.

--Patrick