Democratic Primary: Crisis of infinite candidates

“Reader mode” also works.

I mean, I’m not exactly loving his campaign either, but that’s more because the recent barrage of his ads featuring Obama I keep getting feel like less “here is an endorsement from a former president” and more “Look, everyone! I associate with this famous Black person. We’re buds.”

—Patrick

*roll eyes* That is how every typical candidate raises money. Picking on Buttigieg for it is dishonest on its face.
I know that, but that's the point. Some of us are tired of having our politicians just taking a shit ton of money from special interests. I hate it when Biden does it, I hate it when Warren does it, and I am just ready to vote for the person that does not do it as much.

I know that, but that's the point. Some of us are tired of having our politicians just taking a shit ton of money from special interests. I hate it when Biden does it, I hate it when Warren does it, and I am just ready to vote for the person that does not do it as much.
Sure, but that is a different message than that tweet. I appreciate a pro-Sanders message but an anti-<candidate> message rankles me, especially when it seems to unfairly target a single candidate for something everyone does.

something everyone does.
Now you're just going to start up the whole Citizens United thing again.
We already acknowledge that SLAPP suits stifle speech by allowing people with money to spend money for the express purpose of silencing/drowning out people who don't have money, but for some reason it's ok when it's relabeled as "funding a political campaign."

--Patrick

Now you're just going to start up the whole Citizens United thing again.
We already acknowledge that SLAPP suits stifle speech by allowing people with money to spend money for the express purpose of silencing/drowning out people who don't have money, but for some reason it's ok when it's relabeled as "funding a political campaign."

--Patrick
Let's bring it up so we can put it down.

According to the Drudge Report (admittedly, what a source!), Bloomberg is considering Clinton as a running mate.
Can these people not see how strongly this goes against everything the current voters want? Sheesh.

Honestly, I question very much Bloomberg's intentions.

The guy only just recently rejoined the democratic party after years as a republican and independent. He came into the race itself rather late, and rumors are if he does not win the nomination he will just run on a full independent ticket, and honestly I see that bringing nothing but a Trump win in 2020 as the democratic vote gets muddy.

I mean, why wouldn't he be okay helping Trump win? Yes, I know, very conspiracy theory here, but I feel if he still runs, his intention was never to win, but just to make sure someone like Sanders loses. Howard Shultz pretty much had the same idea before backing out over backlash, because when you are rich, you likely would rather have Trump remain as president over someone like Sanders.

Bloomberg is awful trash with an even worse history of sexual misconduct than Trump. Anyone supporting him shows that if Trump's hat were blue, they'd be all in there too.

Bloomberg is awful trash with an even worse history of sexual misconduct than Trump. Anyone supporting him shows that if Trump's hat were blue, they'd be all in there too.
And I'm pretty sure we'll end up with a convention with Bernie with most delegates, and Bloomberg getting the support of the democratic establishment, because they're completely clueless and useless.

His money all bu guarantees he can stay in the running. Polls indicate Democrats are just as happy voting for the guy whose name they know from TV as Republicans. I'm far from a Bernie fan, but I'm starting to hope he gets the majority of delegates - simply because a convention where Bernie gets some 40% of them, and Bloomberg 20%, is almost guaranteed to end with all other candidates backing Bloomberg which would be a horrible bad idea.

Warren 1000% would back Bernie over Bloomberg. The only one I really think wouldn't is Buttigeig.
Biden and Klobuchar wouldn't, either, in my opinion. We'll see how it all turns out. The party leadership will pull a lot of strings to make it anyone-but-Sanders - which would not be in their interest, but hey, idiots be idiots.

I could be wrong*, but I think Bloomberg is so thoroughly awful that he'd be an exception.

*I probably am
I sincerely hope you're right. Clinton had her issues, but Bloomberg? I mean, yes, probably, lesser of two evils, but eating 95% of a shit sandwich instead of 100% isn't going to convince anyone to go vote.

Dave

Staff member
Couple of things today. First, Twitter is removing a shitload of pro-Bloomberg accounts as fake. Second, Bernie is fucking killing it in Nevada. Like landslide huge. Three states, three wins. What you say now, DNC? Still think he can't win?

Couple of things today. First, Twitter is removing a shitload of pro-Bloomberg accounts as fake. Second, Bernie is fucking killing it in Nevada. Like landslide huge. Three states, three wins. What you say now, DNC? Still think he can't win?
But people won't vote for him, so ignore all those people voting for him.

I never thought I would see something like The Stainless Steel Rat For President play out in real life, yet here we are.

—Patrick

Bernie wins Nevada. Buttigieg then goes on to complain to a crowd that Bernie can't win a general election.

Yeah, not if you attack him, you fuckwit. I'm so tired of the 'unelectible' argument. Three years ago people were fine with voting for a sexist misogynist with ZERO experience. Maybe focus on THAT for a while.