[Informational] Dave's Quest for History

And it was on that day that we discovered why he was called "evilmike".

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk
Well, I had the exact same thought but was beaten to it. Soomething something lack of sense of humor runs in the family something.

Dave

Staff member
I now have a family tree. And the guy I've been speaking to might be my SECOND cousin. His father and the siblings were all anywhere from 40 - 49 years of age in 1965, so it's unlikely that they are my parent. He thinks that it's either the daughter of one of them (we think we know who) or there'd always been a rumor that one of the boys had an affair. Not sure which generation because there's three generations with the same first name. So knowing how old my parents were (or their birth date) will nail it down exactly.

But I still can't find my booklet. So I called my sister who thinks that the original books are in my mom's lockbox at the bank. She's going to check that tonight.

So one step closer.

Dave

Staff member
UPDATE!

Well, I found my baby book. When I was born my mother was 26 and my father was 35. This means that the guy I've been speaking with is my SECOND cousin, not my cousin. And I think that I know who my mother is, although I don't know if she's still alive or if she had any other kids. I'm waiting for my second cousin to confirm the birth year of my mother.

I also found out that my birth name was Christopher Paul instead of David Paul. So I had the middle name before being adopted by Paul Nihsen, so they just kept the middle name the same and changed my first name to David. My sister's name was Kandy Sue. I told her she started life with a stripper's name. :)

So when I hear from my second cousin I'll update again.

Dave

Staff member
UPDATE!

Minor math fail. The parents of my cousin (second cousin?) are not aged from 40 - 49 like I thought. Going over the numbers again they range from 36 - 49. The youngest, Richard, was 36 when I was born. But if they filled out the paperwork early he would 35 as his birthday is September. So it's conceivable that Richard is my dad. If this is true, then he's still alive - the only one of the siblings that are alive.

The cousin I'm talking to is out of town and gets back tonight. So I have to be patient.

Dave, I'm genuinely excited for you and i hope it all turns out well!

...however, it IS pretty funny how close you came to being Dick Johnson, Jr. I guess the stage name "Dave DeLong" wasn't so far off after all.

*snicker*penispenispenispenispenispenispenis

...however, it IS pretty funny how close you came to being Dick Johnson, Jr. I guess the stage name "Dave DeLong" wasn't so far off after all.

Stop, you're going to put that song back in my head.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member

GasBandit

Staff member
MAJOR FUCKING UPDATE!!

Ladies and gentlemen I give you my father, Richard "Dick" Johnson. The following is from my FIRST cousin.

So I may never get to meet my biological father because it doesn't sound good for him at all. I still don't know the name of my mother and am not sure how to go about getting that information. If we could get Richard to speak and give up a name, that would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.
You have roots in Texas, then?

One of us!
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!!

MAJOR FUCKING UPDATE!!

Ladies and gentlemen I give you my father, Richard "Dick" Johnson. The following is from my FIRST cousin.

So I may never get to meet my biological father because it doesn't sound good for him at all. I still don't know the name of my mother and am not sure how to go about getting that information. If we could get Richard to speak and give up a name, that would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.

I already am imagining how this will go down.

Dave: So, you're Dick Johnson?

Dick Johnson: Don't. I've heard the jokes, I hate when people are funny.

Dave: Then you're in luck!

Dave

Staff member
Next step is trying to find my mother's side of the family. This is going to prove difficult as my father either isn't giving up the goods because he doesn't remember or is physically unable to respond. I don't know which. My cousin hasn't checked back with me yet.

So I started looking at the names in DNA trees for 3rd & 4th cousins, checking all levels that I could find. One name keeps coming up - Flageolle. So I am searching the male line to see if maybe there's a flageolle there. If not, I may have a starting point for the maternal line.