Coronavirus Thread

Where’s that video of the Indian police rolling up into a crowd and enforcing “social distancing...” with laathis?

—Patrick

I saw this the other day, and I didn't want to post it because it hurt. That's where we used to live in Queens. I've been to that emergency room. It's usually overwhelmed on a good day because it's serving such a huge, compact population. I feel so bad for everyone over there.

"This is America, we're a first world country"
...with all due respect - and those doctors, and paramedics, and whatever deserve loads of it - This hasn't been true for 20 or 25 years.
The USA is the country where the rich get the best care in rather world, and the average gets below-standard care, for decades now.

The USA is the country where the rich get the best care in rather world, and the average gets below-standard care, for decades now.
Since the 80's.
It's like They Live, except that Carpenter should've made the aliens a little less "conspiracy theory" and a little more like Ferengi.

--Patrick

Every day Prime Minister Trudeau addresses the nation at 11:15 AM sharp. You can set your watch by it.

Today he was 2 minutes late and I was freaking out.

Got out of the house for the first time in two weeks. I thought I'll never say this but the sun felt really great.

Dave

Staff member
There's a Dutch museum that was closed and locked down because of COVID. Didn't stop thieves from breaking in and stealing a van Gogh original painting, though.

I'm getting pretty sick of insanely rich people asking everyone to donate to things right now. Larry David (worth half a billion dollars) doing a Gofundme for caddies at his favourite golf course, Bobby Flay (worth high 8 figures) begging for donations for his own staff, etc.

I'm getting pretty sick of insanely rich people asking everyone to donate to things right now. Larry David (worth half a billion dollars) doing a Gofundme for caddies at his favourite golf course, Bobby Flay (worth high 8 figures) begging for donations for his own staff, etc.
Well, yeah, I mean you're not going to stay rich if you give your money away! *scoff*

....:facepalm:

Also, rich people claiming quarantine the great equalizer and everybody is facing the same hardships.
I live in a 3-bedroom townhouse with my girlfriend, we can separate for a bit if we want to. People I know live in a 20m2 studio apartment with two little kids - they can't. That's a big difference right there. People with their own pool, a backyard they can go ride a horse in, a cinema, and what-have-you? Yeah, they're definitely not anywhere near in the same situation as those people.
Post automatically merged:

"Look, we already gave for Notre Dame in Paris, now it's your turn".