Coronavirus Thread

Negative since yesterday, still going to wear a mask around the house and around others though until I am sure I have no chance to spread. Was able to spend a whole week stuck at home with my family and didn't spread to them. I consider that a win.

figmentPez

Staff member
UGH. I saw that "Schlong Covid" was trending on Twitter, and I knew it would be bad, but I didn't realize it was "Tucker Carlson suggests a new name for Monkey Pox" bad. I am so sick of conservatives undermining public health concerns.

Ah yes.
Y'know, I just read an opinion piece abouthow "Monkey pox is mainly affecting gay men" isn't a problem because it's true and it's only bad if it's cause for stigmatization. And I was really sitting there reading the piece thinking...I've literally seen it used for nothing else but stigmatization and anti-gay rhetoric, where is this writer from?
Then I saw it was a gay American conservative and I realized what I just read wasn't worth printing on toilet paper.

Hope yours is as mild as mine was. I had a fever for two hours and a slight cold.
So far, it's been pretty mild. A small cough here and there, but constant. Coughing up phlegm occasionally. The worst has been the fever and fatigue, which feels like it's already starting to lift. It was worse on Monday.

I took Monday and Tuesday off, just in case. I have Wednesday already scheduled off. I'll probably take the rest of the week off as well. I've been told by work I shouldn't return to the office unless I test negative and am free of symptoms, which is fair.

So far, it's been pretty mild. A small cough here and there, but constant. Coughing up phlegm occasionally. The worst has been the fever and fatigue, which feels like it's already starting to lift. It was worse on Monday.

I took Monday and Tuesday off, just in case. I have Wednesday already scheduled off. I'll probably take the rest of the week off as well. I've been told by work I shouldn't return to the office unless I test negative and am free of symptoms, which is fair.
I work from home now and still didn't "return to work" until I tested negative. Best of luck with your recovery.

Here in Taiwan we have an app that notifies us if we've been in contact with a registered positive case, and how long the contact was. Though it doesn't say where the contact took place or at what time. My wife and I headed down to the south of Taiwan to visit her family over the last few days, and then we got an alert on the app that shows we had around 30 minutes of contact with a positive case last Saturday. That was probably on the train, which is an enclosed space, so my wife was naturally nervous about getting infected. So we both tested ourselves last night.

Standard procedure: we poked our nostrils, mixed it with the test solution, dripped it onto the test strip, and waited for fifteen minutes. Then at the end, I checked our strips, and said to my wife, "I see two lines!"

Shocked, she replied, "What???"

I clarified, "One line for you, one line for me."

And then my wife smacked me upside the head.

Oh yeah, forgot to post here. As soon as we got back from our trip we tested positive (not surprised, airports are fucking filthy). Symptoms were worst on Thursday and Friday last week, now just sort of waiting for it to not be shedding virus all over the place.

No taste or smell issues yet, got oranges and mint lying around to help should it become a problem.

Hit us pretty mild. My youngest, and least vaccinated, had a bad fever for about 36 hours and then has been fine. My wife got pretty severe body aches and slept for a good day or so. I had a very mild cough, some head congestion and a headache and some sporadic body aches. It all cleared up pretty quick. My two boys had virtually no symptoms. A few of us are still positive, even without those symptoms, so most of us are staying quarantined still. I definitely got off easy.

Oh man idk my friend said it destroyed him. I wouldn’t be doing anything Sunday besides watching football anyways, hence the Saturday shot.

My wife didn't feel anything but a sore arm, and so far for me the first three jabs haven't been anything too bad so...Taking my chances.
And, sorry, not skydiving. sky-gliding. Got my English mixed up

Soreness in the arm and swollen lymphnode in my armpit. Was super tired the week after though that might have been because I wasn’t sleeping great.

Well, that's awesome. Tested positive today; feel like crap, more or less a good flu/sinus infection. Nearly three years covid free >_< Damn you woman forcing me out of my house and being social again!
I was just invited to come to a coworker's birthday party on Sunday.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...

--Patrick

Well, fuck.

Both @Eriol and I have tested positive. This is our first round with this crap, and I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Boooo.
I've been hearing (and living) the "damn, this is my first time" a LOT the past month or so. This fall seaosn really seems to be most heavily impacting those who have managed to avoid it for 2+ years. But my sympathies. At least if you both have it you don't need to quarantine and mask etc inside the house? I'm back at work (WFH) and still wearing a mask, sleeping and eating solo and I've pretty much had it with this friggin' attic I'm stuck in all day now.

Well, crap. It seems Mr. Z caught Covid. But by some miracle, Li'l Z and I do not have it! ...well, not completely a miracle. Mr. Z started to feel lousy Monday night, but he assumed it was a cold, so he isolated himself starting then. Good thing we've kept him locked in the dungeon basement for days.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, crap. It seems Mr. Z caught Covid. But by some miracle, Li'l Z and I do not have it! ...well, not completely a miracle. Mr. Z started to feel lousy Monday night, but he assumed it was a cold, so he isolated himself starting then. Good thing we've kept him locked in the dungeon basement for days.
How funny would it be for me to cut off his plex access right when he starts watching the Overlord season finale

Almost 2 weeks since Mr. Z started showing symptoms of what we came to find out was Covid. He hasn't gotten worse, but he hasn't gotten better. Thankfully(?) he only has congestion and coughing but... it sounds so bad. :(

Meanwhile, both Li'l Z and I got our boosters yesterday. This morning I woke up with some soreness around my ribcage. Time to play, "Name That Reaction!". Is it:

a) the Covid Vaccine - some people report swelling in the lymph nodes area, but this is my 4th shot of the vax and I've never had a reaction to it before
b) the Flu Shot - got my annual flu shot on Monday, so are the two shots working against me?
c) Allergies - 2 shots PLUS the allergens have been strong whenever I'm outdoors for 15-30 mins. I don't get bad seasonal allergies, but they do give me a scratchy throat and the sniffles
d) Baseball - I spent 45 minutes straight hitting fly balls to Li'l Z's team, which mean self-pitching and a lot of jerking my torso
e) all of the above! - My body said, "Fuck... you're old. This is too much. I quit."

Last edited:
Went in to the gas station this morning to get coffee. Person next to me dumps out his coffee in disgust. “What the hell is wrong with this coffee. It doesn’t smell like anything. They must have brewed it way too weak.”

Me being able to smell it with no problems. :Leyla:
Thankfully I got the updated vaccine a little over a week ago. Hopefully it works.