Bugs/Issues after upgrade to XF2.1

But isn't push notifications the reason I was keeping it around? Did I just fuck you over?
Not really, no. Phone notifications was the only reason I kept tapatalk for as long as I have. But on the PC, they're annoying as hell. I'll get by. :)

Can't see any embedded tweets, only the twitter symbol.

A link to them does show up while the page is loading, but disappear once it's done.

Dave

Staff member
Look for ad or tracker blocking. I use DuckDuckGo and it was blocking them. I whitelisted the site and they show back up.

As i recall the last time i had this issue, none of that worked, and it just fixed itself after you guys did an update.

Too bad i don't remember how long ago that was... some time last year for sure.

Dave

Staff member
I had to disable Ghostery, uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, & DuckDuckGo's native privacy filter. But I can confirm they are working for me. Now.

They're working for me with uBlock Origin still on.
Disabling it didn't do anything for me.

I'm on Firefox btw.

EDIT: On the plus side the NSFW Forum is finally visible to me... time to see what you pervs have been up to.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm using firefox at home on my desktop PC, and chrome on my laptop. Both work, but maybe there is something I have turned off.

While I'm opted in to all forums, and I can see threads from all forums when going through New Posts, I'm not seeing the Games & More forum when going through the Forums page. Maybe it's a me issue, could someone else check?

HF1.pngHF2.png

...Apparently, yes. I did not even know you could ignore entire forums. Why, if there's also the opt in/opt out option? And why then does it not work with New Posts?!
Ah well. PEBKAC is real and alive and well. Sorry.

GasBandit

Staff member
...Apparently, yes. I did not even know you could ignore entire forums. Why, if there's also the opt in/opt out option? And why then does it not work with New Posts?!
Because optional forums and ignoring forums are two separate addons and it's a wonder they even play as nice together as they do.