Bugs/Issues after upgrade to XF2.1

GasBandit

Staff member
I just merged the outdated templates and that seems to have sped things up a little. Didn't fix reactions, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh shoot, the bolt-to-new-posts was an addon we specifically commissioned and then had a falling out with the author, didn't we?

It shows up when the size of the window displaying the forum is made smaller, so I think it might be something that has to be enabled on a theme by theme basis.
It never did, it's just the "new posts" button on desktop-sized, I thought.

And not to twist the knife, but forum performance is noticeably worse than it was even before the move to the new server :/
Anecdotally, my performance is actually up (though still nothing to write home about)

GasBandit

Staff member
Anecdotally, my performance is actually up (though still nothing to write home about)
It went up for me too, when I took care of a lot of outdated templates. But now it's back to chugging while Dave runs a rebuild. Should clear up in a bit.

Well, I mean, you could still do what you planned and work on this ancillary stuff as time allows. It's not like the forum is DOWN.
Yeah, some things (like anon posting) are a important to get up relatively quickly, but a lot of stuff (double posting, new posts button,...) are really just QOL things. It'd be nice to have them back, but I don't think anyone'll be leaving over them being gone for a week or so. Please don't sacrifice your entire weekend just for this, the forum is theoretically still meant as a hobby/social thing, even for you.
Post automatically merged:

Also, both you guys' work is much appreciated.

Still not seeing anything for likes/dislikes for new posts. Also, only two options for forum skin, apparently.

GasBandit said:
Ok, the media addon still works after the update.
Well, it works as well as it did before the update, at least.
imgur stuff is still displayed centered horizontally in a window that’s 1000px wide by 10px tall* on mobile, putting it waaaaay over to the right and half cut off. I don’t know whether to blame the add-on or imgur for that, though.

—Patrick
*(numbers are for representative purposes only and not actual)

Well, it works as well as it did before the update, at least.
imgur stuff is still displayed centered horizontally in a window that’s 1000px wide by 10px tall* on mobile, putting it waaaaay over to the right and half cut off. I don’t know whether to blame the add-on or imgur for that, though.

—Patrick
*(numbers are for representative purposes only and not actual)
Maybe blame imgur. The Reddit Enahncement Suite does the same thing to me when loading inline imgur documents on desktop. But only if the base url is used, and not the image-specific (ending in .jpg, .png, etc) url is used.

Dave

Staff member
Working with ThemeHouse to get their styles fixed. Right now XenBlue, XenMinimal, & Shades of Grey are the only ones that work.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions are back, but I had to wipe the old ones and history so we're starting fresh. I'm going to need to rebuild ALL of them. Yay me! Thankfully, Gas loaded them all as icons in Discord so I think I can get them there.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just a heads up, I tried rebuilding a reaction already and even though I fed it the right image file URL, all the reactions were coming up blank.

And yeah, smilies tab stopped working for me too. But the BBcodes for them ;) still work :eek:

Dave

Staff member
Working on it. It's on the pile. Funny thing is, they still work, you just have to put in the text or characters. :)

:tina:

Dave

Staff member
Just a heads up, I tried rebuilding a reaction already and even though I fed it the right image file URL, all the reactions were coming up blank.

And yeah, smilies tab stopped working for me too. But the BBcodes for them ;) still work :eek:
Yeah. I'm working in the DB right now. I'm getting an error that there's a table missing in the rebuild. I may have to remove everything and just reinstall.

Dave

Staff member
I can get the old version to work again, but not the new one. And the rebuild still gives error messages. And speaking of error messages, we're getting like a million errors right now.
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: active
  • src/XF/App.php:1879
My brain hurts.

Dave

Staff member
That's because of the many uninstalls/reinstalls I've been doing to try and fix the DB issues. We were getting an error that there was a table that wasn't present after I removed the old version.

We'll see wonky shit like this until I finally get things fixed. We'll probably stay with the old reactions version, which is stupid because it wasn't supposed to work with XF2.1 but looks like it is. Which means I "upgraded" that addon for nothing.

Dave

Staff member
Getting there. Fixed the DB errors and the MASSIVE amounts of error in the app.php file.

But now the reactions aren't showing again. Oy vey.

Dave

Staff member
By the way, the reactions added back are the only ones I have saved. Gas has the rest. They are in Discord, but I don't think they will work due to the way that they download. I suppose I could try it, but can't guarantee whether they will be super ugly or not.

Dave

Staff member
Never mind. The MASSIVE amount of error messages is back. Right now we are up to 1200+ pages of the same error code.

Dave

Staff member
The biggest problem is that the old version of the reactions and the new are not utilizing the same code. In other words, most XF mods update once you upload the new code. In this case it installed it as a separate addon. Which means we had two addons doing the same thing at the same time and it's caused nothing but issues.

Right now I can keep #1 and get a shitload of error messages which HAS to be slowing us down. Or I can reload #2 and see if I can get it to work, but that gives an error message as well. It's frustrating. And this thread has now become my personal blog.

Dave

Staff member
Fixed the error message. In /src/XF/App.php I commented out line 1879. You know, in case I needed to revert what I'd done...

Dave

Staff member
Nestled in those thousands of error messages were some TapaTalk errors. Is anyone still using TapaTalk?