Bin laden is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should release the death photo. Do I believe he's dead? Yes, most certainly. Do I still want to see the photo? Oh hell yes I want to see him missing a piece of his skull, but I'm a bit morbid and I just want it because fuck that guy.

I think he should release the death photo. Do I believe he's dead? Yes, most certainly. Do I still want to see the photo? Oh hell yes I want to see him missing a piece of his skull, but I'm a bit morbid and I just want it because fuck that guy.
And that's one reason why it's a good idea not to. Because many Americans would display it like a head on a pike.

Let me give you a little backstory DarkAudit, July 27th 2001 I joined the Navy I was in basic during 9/11 and the most I heard about any of it was at the end of the day, probably about 5pm they gathered us all and was like hey terrorist attacked the WTC, the Pentagon and a plane went down in a field, if anyone has family that works in the WTC you can call them. That was it, that was all the information we got, hell I didn't see anything about 9/11 until after I was out of basic it was probably a few months after I was out of basic before I even saw the video of the planes hitting the towers. I personally feel like I deserve to see those photo's, and yes that is a bit morbid, but I've fought for my country and I feel that this would be the greatest payment that I could receive, its worth in my eyes is beyond monetary value. but that is just my opinion.
Added at: 20:08
Hey What was Bin Laden's least favorite part of Sea World?
The trained seals

So Starbucks has a limited edition coffee
the 'Bin Latte' - dark bodied, frothy head, with two shots in it

W

Wasabi Poptart

Personally I'm glad the White House decided to withhold the photo. Last thing I would want is for those pics to end up as the next internet meme with tasteless jokes plastered on them in Comic Sans. I don't care who he killed or what kind of horrific person he was, there still should be some sort of respect for the dead.
Added at: 15:32
And yes, I know "they" didn't respect our citizens or military members. But in my eyes that means we should try even harder to show someone like Bin Laden respect now that he's dead. We, as a country and supposed civil society, are better than dragging bodies through the streets, burning flags and hanging effigies.

Let me give you a little backstory DarkAudit, July 27th 2001 I joined the Navy I was in basic during 9/11 and the most I heard about any of it was at the end of the day, probably about 5pm they gathered us all and was like hey terrorist attacked the WTC, the Pentagon and a plane went down in a field, if anyone has family that works in the WTC you can call them. That was it, that was all the information we got, hell I didn't see anything about 9/11 until after I was out of basic it was probably a few months after I was out of basic before I even saw the video of the planes hitting the towers. I personally feel like I deserve to see those photo's, and yes that is a bit morbid, but I've fought for my country and I feel that this would be the greatest payment that I could receive, its worth in my eyes is beyond monetary value. but that is just my opinion.
Added at: 20:08
Hey What was Bin Laden's least favorite part of Sea World?
The trained seals

So Starbucks has a limited edition coffee
the 'Bin Latte' - dark bodied, frothy head, with two shots in it

I'm from New York. My old room overlooked lower Manhattan across the bay. I don't care too see those pictures. I don't feel like I need to see them to have piece of mind. 3.000 people are still dead, my favorite buildings are still no more, and the NYC skyline is still not the same.

Do we REALLY need the ruined face of Osama Bin Laden plastered on t-shirts, mugs, balloons, and other knickknacks? Because that's exactly what's going to happen when those photos get out (and they WILL get out eventually). If Americans do anything well, it's turn a buck, even if they do it in bad taste.

Do we REALLY need the ruined face of Osama Bin Laden plastered on t-shirts, mugs, balloons, and other knickknacks? Because that's exactly what's going to happen when those photos get out (and they WILL get out eventually). If Americans do anything well, it's turn a buck, even if they do it in bad taste.
Can't argue with that

Also, apparently they used a new stealth helicopter. :ninja:
I read a lot about this yesterday - more (much more!) details here:

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...anywhere-in-a-country-without-official-knowle

AQ Senior Leader surrenders. More like this, please. The fewer of our guys who get put in harm's way to get this done, the better.
On the on hand, he was unarmed, and so it could have appeared to be purely an assasination. On the other hand, reports indicate he made threatening moves - and quite frankly with suicide bombers and IEDs on one's mind, any move that isn't standing stock still with your hands visible in the air is threatening.

Either way, I bet a lot of lower value targets are looking at their options, and see death in their near future if they aren't very proactive about surrendering.

This is a good thing. I don't think anyone is anxious to become the public replacement for Bin Laden, and the new face of Al Qaida...

He could be one to the SEALs that went in...

It is not him but there was a doggled dog that went in with the insertion team. Strapped to the chest of one of the SEALs. How bad ass is it to drop a German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois from a friggen stealth chopper. '

"Osama? do you hear a dog barking?"

For that guy on skeptics... There was likely a F/A-18 Growler flying overhead that killed the electricity in the neighborhood and blinded the radar coverage of Pakistan.

Also it is really hard to track a normal chopper flying at 100'

Status
Not open for further replies.