Bin laden is dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's a drawing. It doesn't look like a photo...

Edit: referring to the time cover. As in, it is not airbrushed. Did not realize there was another page with another photo above my post.

It's interesting how Obama's not front and centre in the photo, too. He's probably the least focal point of the picture, in fact.

Then again, if a similar scene were done on film, the president would be where the general is sitting.

Okay how did I miss this story?
Probably because I didn't tell it.

Short version is Chuck made personal promises on two occasions that he did not live up to. After the second time, people involved said "fuck him," and moved on with their lives and commitments without Chuck.

Oh man, I didn't even think about all the possible documents and data that Bin laden might have had about al-Qaida plans worldwide. There are some cell leaders right now who are probably in a frenzy to get the fuck out of where ever they are at the moment.

I love Houston radio. The morning show I listened to after my iPod died was insinuating that this was a plot by Obama to knock the Pope Beatification stories off the front page news to appease his Muslim brothers. Theyyyyy weren't joking.

This thread went rull fast while I was at work.

Oh man, I didn't even think about all the possible documents and data that Bin laden might have had about al-Qaida plans worldwide. There are some cell leaders right now who are probably in a frenzy to get the fuck out of where ever they are at the moment.
For the intelligence community, yesterday was like Christmas. :)

W

Wasabi Poptart

A friend of mine, whose husband happens to be an Air Force officer, has her son dressed up in a Navy t-shirt today. She put a picture on FB. One of her other friends commented, "Huh? Why Navy and not Air Force? Or ARMY". I really want to reply with "They didn't send Rangers in to take out Bin Laden, did they?"

Man... Obama's face in the above pic looks rough. I can't imagine what it's like to give the order to make an assault like that, and then watch it as it happens.

Well, MLK once said, "To give an order that causes the death of one man or a million, causes the heart grief."

Man... Obama's face in the above pic looks rough. I can't imagine what it's like to give the order to make an assault like that, and then watch it as it happens.
I'm pretty okay with that. I know it's a relatively new thing thanks to technology, but it's always bothered me that past presidents had the power to do this sort of thing without seeing the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.