AMA: The Kaggie Files

How loud should I play my games to drown out my roommate breaking up with her girlfriend?

a) Normal volume
b) I'm clearly not listening to you volume
c) I'm sorry officer I didn't hear a thing volume

How loud should I play my games to drown out my roommate breaking up with her girlfriend?

a) Normal volume
b) I'm clearly not listening to you volume
c) I'm sorry officer I didn't hear a thing volume
B! Though C has its appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, so I'm on two dates with this girl, and we just planned our third. By sheer chance, she ended up picking the FreeBird's burrito that my roommate works at and also at a time when she (roommate) will be there.

Do I
a) Give her the heads up, at the risk of having to reschedule or replan
b) SURPRISE THIS IS MY ROOMMATE I'VE TOLD HER A LOT ABOUT YOU SHE'S EXCITED TO MEET YOU
c) Just kind of ignore it

I actually really like B since She suggested taco night and also picked the place to eat without my guidance.

ok, so I'm on two dates with this girl, and we just planned our third. By sheer chance, she ended up picking the FreeBird's burrito that my roommate works at and also at a time when she (roommate) will be there.

Do I
a) Give her the heads up, at the risk of having to reschedule or replan
b) SURPRISE THIS IS MY ROOMMATE I'VE TOLD HER A LOT ABOUT YOU SHE'S EXCITED TO MEET YOU
c) Just kind of ignore it

I actually really like B since She suggested taco night and also picked the place to eat without my guidance.

B is what I would do. And if i was the girl going on the date with you, that sort of surprise wouldn't bother me. So, B.

Good luck!! I hope it goes well! <3

What do you consider the top 5 live action adaptations of comic book character costumes in the movies or tv?

Last edited:
The worst? That she gets weird about - jealous or something. But, it should be fine really. :)

This seems like a failure of imagination. Surely the worst thing that could happen is like, a garbage truck rams into the restaurant, just as she was about to tell him the location of the hidden gold.

GasBandit

Staff member
This seems like a failure of imagination. Surely the worst thing that could happen is like, a garbage truck rams into the restaurant, just as she was about to tell him the location of the hidden gold.
I had envisioned a meteor strike on the restaurant, obliterating them all and kicking off an extinction level event.

GasBandit

Staff member
It doesn't seem like the restaurant choice has much bearing on the outcome there.
Yeah, but it is something "the worst" that could happen :D

And hey, all the more reason to be forthright and up front about everything in one's life, right? Because at any time, it could just BOOM meteor.

What do you consider the top 5 live action adaptations of comic book character costumes in the movies or tv?
OH. Now this...ohhh. I need to think.

1: Deadpool. I can't even tell you the levels that I love this costume in that movie. I'M. They custom made that fabric and it's beautiful - red cordura with a wax overlay to give it the perfect texture. Yes please.

2: The Amazing Spider-Man. This one struck all the right cords for me. I know full body suits are rather common in comic books, but this one is a step above the rest. It fit like a glove and was updated enough to be interesting, the colors the designs created by the webbing, I was in to it, more so than the other Spider-Man suits that I've seen.

3: Wonder Woman. Movie isn't even out and I'm HEAD OVER HEELS for this costume. I'm hype as fuck, to be honest - for the costume. It's modern/updated, but still quintessentially Wonder Woman. I adore the more...'warrior' vibe, if you will, that it has. And it's beautifully made.

4: Hellboy. Which, I guess this is more makeup and casting than costume, but the culmination of all three is phenomenal and deserves praise. And I just really love Hellboy.

5: Catwoman - Batman Returns. Now. I know this costume is NOTHING like what she's worn in the comics really, but talk about iconic. It's instantly recognizable and transcends the comic book barrier, people that don't know anything about comics know this costume. And that's pretty cool. Plus it looks bad-ass.

So I couldn't do five, sue me.

6: Batman - Dark Knight. Despite some silliness to come from these costumes (he couldn't turn his head!) the craftsmanship was glorious. They HAND FLOCKED THE CAPE. LIKE. That takes a lot of time and effort, just to give it the perfect look and feel. Unlike a lot of other comic book costumes, this costume is actually believable to me as armor. It looks like he could take a beating, which is pretty awesome to see in real life.

Honorable Mentions:
The Rocketeer - LIKE, talk about a direct adaptation. Do love.
Scott Pilgrim - I mean...still one of my favorite comic book movies to date. And the costumes were perfect!
CW's The Flash. Adore this costume.

Also, when looking at this, I realized just how many comic book costumes I like that are red are red or red/white/blue. Oops??

OH. Now this...ohhh. I need to think.

1: Deadpool. I can't even tell you the levels that I love this costume in that movie. I'M. They custom made that fabric and it's beautiful - red cordura with a wax overlay to give it the perfect texture. Yes please.

2: The Amazing Spider-Man. This one struck all the right cords for me. I know full body suits are rather common in comic books, but this one is a step above the rest. It fit like a glove and was updated enough to be interesting, the colors the designs created by the webbing, I was in to it, more so than the other Spider-Man suits that I've seen.

3: Wonder Woman. Movie isn't even out and I'm HEAD OVER HEELS for this costume. I'm hype as fuck, to be honest - for the costume. It's modern/updated, but still quintessentially Wonder Woman. I adore the more...'warrior' vibe, if you will, that it has. And it's beautifully made.

4: Hellboy. Which, I guess this is more makeup and casting than costume, but the culmination of all three is phenomenal and deserves praise. And I just really love Hellboy.

5: Catwoman - Batman Returns. Now. I know this costume is NOTHING like what she's worn in the comics really, but talk about iconic. It's instantly recognizable and transcends the comic book barrier, people that don't know anything about comics know this costume. And that's pretty cool. Plus it looks bad-ass.

So I couldn't do five, sue me.

6: Batman - Dark Knight. Despite some silliness to come from these costumes (he couldn't turn his head!) the craftsmanship was glorious. They HAND FLOCKED THE CAPE. LIKE. That takes a lot of time and effort, just to give it the perfect look and feel. Unlike a lot of other comic book costumes, this costume is actually believable to me as armor. It looks like he could take a beating, which is pretty awesome to see in real life.

Honorable Mentions:
The Rocketeer - LIKE, talk about a direct adaptation. Do love.
Scott Pilgrim - I mean...still one of my favorite comic book movies to date. And the costumes were perfect!
CW's The Flash. Adore this costume.

Also, when looking at this, I realized just how many comic book costumes I like that are red are red or red/white/blue. Oops??
Cool. Now, how about a list of movie and TV costumes that are most in need of a cosplayer's expertise? This isn't a list of worst costumes -- it's costumes that could be great if they only listened to your advice.

If you had to be used as a siege weapon projectile, would you prefer to be fired by a catapult, a trebuchet, or a cannon?
This question thrills me. I think catapult would be the best option for me. I get the feeling I would die from launching with the other two, even though I rather enjoy saying 'trebuchet' just as a general rule.

Cool. Now, how about a list of movie and TV costumes that are most in need of a cosplayer's expertise? This isn't a list of worst costumes -- it's costumes that could be great if they only listened to your advice.
GOD. This is haaaaard! Hold, let me think...I distinctly remember watching something and being so distracted by the AWFUL fabric, let me search and remember.

If you had the superpower to change your hair length, color and style at will into anything (semi)plausible, what kind of hairdo would you sport most of the time?
UGH. Waist length, dark copper, hair! In big loose waves. I'm crying at the thought! I've actually been working towards this for YEARSSS. But my hair just won't grow and it makes me cry.

How much trouble will you be in with @GasBandit if you answer anything other than redhead for colour to @Bubble181's question?
Haha, SO MUCH TROUBLE. But, I mean, I LOVE red hair, so it was little question that's what I would pick, haha! :heart:

This question thrills me. I think catapult would be the best option for me. I get the feeling I would die from launching with the other two, even though I rather enjoy saying 'trebuchet' just as a general rule.
It's a great word. I was imagining you would be an inanimate object in this scenario, so death was not really a consideration. I can see how you might view yourself as, you know, not an inanimate object, though.

In Bruges clip here.

Do you paint your toenails?
Which is your favorite flavor of toothpaste?
How long is your longest pair of socks/stockings?
Have you ever had a treehouse?

--Patrick

It's a great word. I was imagining you would be an inanimate object in this scenario, so death was not really a consideration. I can see how you might view yourself as, you know, not an inanimate object, though.

In Bruges clip here.
I LOVE IN BRUGES!

Do you paint your toenails?
Which is your favorite flavor of toothpaste?
How long is your longest pair of socks/stockings?
Have you ever had a treehouse?

--Patrick
1: Not so much. Not even in the summer.
2: Mint? I dunno, anything other than what I have now. I hate my current toothpaste.
3: I mean...I have thigh-highs that go really far up my thigh because I have short (sort of) legs?
4: I have not! But my neighbor friend did, so I've been in one a lot!

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Well. Not really. I don't enjoy being outside and cold. :S But, I would build one with youuuuu! In Calvin and Hobbes style, please.

If you could have any one type of raptor/bird of prey come by to cuddle, who or what would it be?
OMG. I'M. Okay, okay...probably a peregrine falcon. I've loved them since I was a wee child and I still love them. But I have great affection for owls as well, so I wouldn't be disappointed with any owl.

EDIT: THIS IS A LEADING QUESTION ISN'T IT??

figmentPez

Staff member
OMG. I'M. Okay, okay...probably a peregrine falcon. I've loved them since I was a wee child and I still love them. But I have great affection for owls as well, so I wouldn't be disappointed with any owl.
I would have also given a brofist rating for Red Tailed Hawk.