a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
Although Canadian, I haven't seen much support for Trump amongst my very conservative religious community either. That said, Mennonites are pacifists and some of his rhetoric was a huge turn off. But they also see through the smokescreen of his religious pandering pretty easily. We still laugh about "two Corinthians"

GasBandit

Staff member
So our choices are a women whose husband might be a pedophile or the other candidate who might be the pedophile?

Sanders. I vote Sanders. (Fuck you, DNC!)
I don't think it said anywhere he's a pedophile, just a rapist and philanderer, and she enabled/protected him from the consequences by using whatever power she had to destroy his "bimbos."[DOUBLEPOST=1475854371,1475854326][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you guys forget about the Lolita Express allegations? Both Trump and Bill Clinton flew on it.

Bill Clinton ditched Secret Service on multiple ‘Lolita Express’ flights: Report (changed to more extensive article)
Ah, yes, I had forgotten about that.

Speaking as a self-identified evangelical Christian who is a member of a theologically conservative denomination (Presbyterian Church in America), I am just as baffled as you are. As near as I can tell, the Trump support among evangelicals (at least at my conservative church located in a "solid republican" county according to Real Clear Politics) is strongest among those who don't attend church regularly, or otherwise don't take their faith so seriously. Recanting a tenet of faith isn't hard if you don't really hold to it in the first place.

Among my circle of friends whom I meet with to worship every week, I don't know of a single person who is a Trump supporter. A good number of us are actually politically left-libertarian, as inspired by our conservative faith.

Point is, despite the media's best attempts, you can't easily lump all evangelicals together - and I don't just mean in a #notallevangelicals kind of way. It's a lot more nuanced than that.
Amen, brother. There are times when I look at the GOP and wonder why no church leader hasn't called them by their Biblical name: "Pharisees."

Sent from my Nextbook

He's got a gift for branding. He essentially convinces people that he's rich and powerful, which gets him customers/investors, which gets him money, which lets him continue to appear rich and powerful...
As you said, just like a con man.
When do we get to see him suffer the sudden karmic onset of boneitis?

--Patrick

It might be a bit hard to gauge, but it seems like this is more of an issue than a lot of the other terrible stuff he has said. Although, I find it hard to believe anyone that legitimately supports him having any problem with those comments.

Amen, brother. There are times when I look at the GOP and wonder why no church leader hasn't called them by their Biblical name: "Pharisees."

Sent from my Nextbook
There are plenty who feel that way but wouldn't call them out publicly, as it's outside of their sphere of responsibility. Everyone is a hypocrite in some fashion, after all, and to name one single political party draws an artificial boundary that only serves to divide. This is not the mission of the church.

Divide and conquer makes for successful politics, though.

THIS IS A DISTRACTION! THIS HAS NO BEARING ON ANYTHING! Now that that's settled, later I'm going to release some shit Bill Clinton said.
"Ah did not have sex with that woman. Miss Monica Lewinsky."

"It depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

Dave

Staff member
"Do not judge me by my words 10 years ago!" Says the man who keeps bringing up things about Bill Clinton from 20 years ago.

Meanwhile WikiLeaks attempted October Surprise is... excerpts from Hillary Clinton's speeches to Goldman Sachs.

Man, I remember 6 months ago when that was a thing. And I admit to being part of it. It's one of the reasons I wanted Bernie to win. But he didn't win, though he did cause Hillary to shift her position on a few key issues, and she's still far preferable than her competition. I mean, yeah, she's more closely tied to Goldman Sachs and other big banks than I'd like. But that's been known for literally the entire campaign, and at this point, I don't really see it making a difference.

I was saying last night that I wonder if Bill Clinton would have been elected President if the internet was as prolific then as it is today. Because as much as people want to spin that Bill was just as bad, it never really got out en masse until his second term as President.

These have to be pod people. There's no other explanation why they would completely sell their souls to such a thing.
They're broke, poorly educated, addicted to painkillers, and terrified that "those people" are getting ahead of them. http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ral-responsibilities-defense-kevin-williamson

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs. Forget your goddamned gypsum, and, if he has a problem with that, forget Ed Burke, too. The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin.

They're convinced that what rightfully belongs to them is going to be taken away and given to people who they don't believe deserve it, and they won't stand for it, no sirree.

--Patrick

They're broke, poorly educated, addicted to painkillers, and terrified that "those people" are getting ahead of them. http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ral-responsibilities-defense-kevin-williamson

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs. Forget your goddamned gypsum, and, if he has a problem with that, forget Ed Burke, too. The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin.
I've been saying this for years and been called a monster for it. It's a huge problem in South East Ohio and by extension, West Virginia; all these old coal towns and farming communities can no longer self sustain and need to be abandoned. It would be saner and more economically viable for the government to buy them all out and offer to pay relocation costs to a town/city of their choice than to keep paying benefits to these communities for another 50-100 years when half of them can't even make a supermarket economically viable. The jobs aren't coming back, there is nothing left for you here.

Necronic

Staff member
Also I can just imagine every republican in office right now who has endorsed trump is sitting there weighing the pros and cons of pulling their endorsements.

This shit is going to stick to some people for quite a while.

The idea that Pense has a snowballs chance in hell of running in the next election is frankly pretty hilarious to me. He has repeatedly defended Trump and chose to hitch his wagon to this scumbag.

The only defense he has is that he had to do it for political reasons, which to me is not that crazy, but when you're running for a party that's entire focus right now is ending "politics as usual" I don't see how he could play that.

Pense tied himself to a shit-wagon. There's no way he comes out of this clean enough to ever run again.[DOUBLEPOST=1475952689,1475952560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly I'm just surprised he didn't include a winky smiley face.

John Kasich has been publicly calling him out all afternoon.

"Nothing that has happened in the last 48 hours is surprising to me or many others. Many people were angry and questioned why I would not endorse Donald Trump or attend the Republican Convention. I’ve long had concerns with Donald Trump that go beyond his temperament. We have substantive policy differences on conservative issues like trade, our relationship with Russia, and the importance of balancing the federal budget. I’ve held out hope that he would change on those disqualifying policy positions, but he has not. I’ve also encouraged him to change his behavior for the better and offer a positive, inclusive vision for our country, but he has not. It's clear that he hasn't changed and has no interest in doing so. As a result, Donald Trump is a man I cannot and should not support. The actions of the last day are disgusting, but that’s not why I reached this decision, it has been an accumulation of his words and actions that many have been warning about. I will not vote for a nominee who has behaved in a manner that reflects so poorly on our country. Our country deserves better."
I kind of feel like Kasich is shooting for the top spot come 2020 and he might get it, considering the political poison a lot of other candidates are after this Trump debacle.

Necronic

Staff member
You know I wonder how many people are starting to realize that Hillary will probably get to pick 3 Supreme Court justices in her term....[DOUBLEPOST=1475954833,1475954632][/DOUBLEPOST]I bet Merrick Garland is sounding a bit better by the minute

I wouldn't doomsay the Republican Party to irrelevance just yet. They've backed the wrong horse before for presidency; what'll be telling is how well Johnson does and the number of Republicans ousted/voted in for Congress.

Necronic

Staff member
Frankly I really hate to bring it up because it may be the most legitimate reason for sane republicans to still vote for Trump.

But I also hope they realize what a monster he is. As Ted Cruz said, vote your conscience. And if your conscience leads your to trump, as it did with Cruz, maybe you should reconsider what it really means to be a member of the religious right when you can vote for a philanderer. A man who admitted to sexual assault. Ask what it means to be a fiscal conservative when you vote for a man who ran business after business into the ground thanks to his own ego.

Ask what it means to be a supporter of a free market voting for Amman who has admitted and shown he would do every dishonest trick he could to turn a buck, a man who has stolen from small businesses and refused to pay taxes, because it was what the law let him do. Imagine what he would do in a free market.

Ask what it means to be a capitalist voting for a man who violated the trade embargo with Cuba.

Ask what it means to be a supporter of America's place as the leader of the free world voting for a man who has said he may not support our obligations to NATO. A man who has incredibly questionable ties to Russia, a man who has said he admired Putin and Kim Jung Il. A man who has glibly talked about nuclear war and argued for arming even more nations.

I'm not asking anyone of strong conservative leaning to vote for Hillary. I respect your values even if they are different than mine, and I know you can't abandon them.

But how in the world could you vote for this monster?

Yup. They're gonna regret being partisan dickheads and I'm going to laugh my ass off.
D: "You guys chose the shittiest candidate in the history of shit candidates. A literal bag of trash would have been a better candidate."

R: "Ok, yes, we blew this one. But you're going to have Hillary Clinton as president."

D: "Don't ruin this for me."

Necronic

Staff member
Ok apparently Trump also said that it's ok to call his own daughter "a piece of ass"

This is a new spin on the "family values" ticket

Dave

Staff member
I really don't understand the RNC. They say they hate abortions, but they keep supporting Trump. Gotta take this one to term, lads.