a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
Trump's bad week is a "nightmare" for GOP.

At an intimate fundraiser Wednesday for Rep. Joseph J. Heck (R-Nev.), who is running for the Senate, McConnell asked the group of about a dozen supporters how many of them think Trump can win. About half of the attendees raised their hands. But when McConnell then asked how many thought Trump would win, no hands went up, and the room fell silent, according to a person familiar with the scene who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a closed event.
Reflecting upon Trump’s actions, Matt Borges, the Republican Party chairman in battleground Ohio, said, “Can this thing just end — please?”
“My God,” he sighed, “what a nightmare.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ylvania/?postshare=7161475430022769&tid=ss_tw

So now Trump is telling the hoopleheads to "watch" the voters in certain areas on Election Day.

Look, I get it. Their communities have been economically depressed since the 1970s and are crippled by heroin addiction. They feel nothing but despair because their kids are either meth cooks or dysfunctional vets. They feel ignored and it really sucks. But there's a line that, once crossed, goes into deplorable territory.

This is 100% the reason why I'm doing absentee this year; I remember the Bush elections and how rowdy the Republicans got at my election site... and how the cops were completely unwilling to do anything about it.

Dave

Staff member
Trump's latest? He was speaking to the Retired American Warriors PAC - a veterans political action group. His quote was:

When people come back from war and combat and they see maybe what the people in this room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it.
So if you have PTSD it's because you're weak. You heard it here first, folks!

Trump's latest? He was speaking to the Retired American Warriors PAC - a veterans political action group. His quote was:

So if you have PTSD it's because you're weak. You heard it here first, folks!
Don't forget POWs. They're weak losers, too.

Also, implying that military suicides are all due to combat-related PTSD is wrong. Studies have shown that non-deployed personnel actually have a higher suicide rate. Oh, and the military is already working on improving suicide prevention and removing the stigma of mental health treatment, so Trump can go fuck himself with a rusty spoon since the draft-dodging asshole knows nothing about the military, or military servicemembers.

From what he says about the military and military actions, I seriously think the piece of shit doesn't comprehend that military members are human beings. To him, troops are simply cannon fodder, because "it's just business". Which is why he criticizes the current mission against ISIS, because he thinks you're just supposed to throw as many bodies as possible into the meat grinder until somebody "wins".

(OMG, and that fucking piece of shit just interrupted me typing this post with YET ANOTHER fucking robocall.)

Also, and because I'm actually just a bot that reblogs Popehat content, the GOP launched an attack ad on Tim Kaine for being a defense lawyer in death penalty cases:

Because, y'know, following the example set by John Adams is just so darn fuckin' un-American. Murderers and rapists don't need a fair trial, they're guilty ipso facto!

Typical Trump speech. Oh, when I take over everything will be fixed, trust me.
Pretty much. At least he's got good intentions, because the devil's in the details and he's got none of those.

I wanna talk to the 4 people up there that claim they're voting for Trump? How y'all doing? maybe you don't realize you can change your vote above? just curious how y'all are doing. I know this thread(this election) was a bad april fool's joke but it's increasingly not funny

Yes, because using labels like "strong" for "people who can handle it", therefore implying that people who "can't handle it" are weak, is sooo fucking sympathetic. :rolleyes:

That is what the military has been trying to fight! They're trying to remove the fucking stigma that having a mental health issue or needing to ask for help is "weak"!

GRAAAAARH! <flips table>

Yes, because using labels like "strong" for "people who can handle it", therefore implying that people who "can't handle it" are weak, is sooo fucking sympathetic. :rolleyes:

That is what the military has been trying to fight! They're trying to remove the fucking stigma that having a mental health issue or needing to ask for help is "weak"!

GRAAAAARH! <flips table>
Yep. There's some pretty good discussions about that in the tweet's comments.