a Trump vs Clinton United States Presidential Election in 2016

Who do you vote into the office of USA President?

• Total voters
... what?

EDIT: Oh I get it now, "Hillary is 44" is an organization. Man, that sentence is hard to parse if you didn't know that.
I was gonna reply with "Has Hillary really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?'

I'd be very surprised if that happened. Sanders supporters are talking a big game, but I think when its time to pull that lever, most will hold their nose and vote for Hillary.

I'd be very surprised if that happened. Sanders supporters are talking a big game, but I think when its time to pull that lever, most will hold their nose and vote for Hillary.
There's going to be over three months between the convention and the election, and during that time the entire democratic party will be going, "We can't let trump win!" so I expect there will be many who now say they cannot or will not vote for Hillary but when the time comes they'll pull the lever.

There's going to be over three months between the convention and the election, and during that time the entire democratic party will be going, "We can't let trump win!" so I expect there will be many who now say they cannot or will not vote for Hillary but when the time comes they'll pull the lever.
A big part of the Sanders movement are independents who only registered to vote for Bernie, which is why they are so adamant about not "falling in line."

That is why Hillary/Sanders works. Hil gets her shot at the Oval Office and brings in her part of the Democratic Party Machine; Sanders gets to sit one heartbeat away and brings in his constituency, the Dems roll into the fall with a "We are NOT TRUMP" message, and we get our first female president.

Right now if I were HRC's camp, I'd be doing as much olive branching as I could to Sanders.

A big part of the Sanders movement are independents who only registered to vote for Bernie, which is why they are so adamant about not "falling in line."
Also, expecting the left to just hold their nose and vote for Clinton is like expecting the right to hold their nose and vote for Romney...or McCain.

I'm not sure Clinton/Sanders'll work, honestly. It has potential, but the two bases have been quite polarized against one another. We'll see. I could easily see her going the other way and taking a fairly right/conservative VP to try and attract illusive "moderate Republican" or "honest right wing" voter who might think a center-right Dem ticket is better than D Trump/I Trump (or whoever he puts in as VP).

It'd never (I think) happen, but Trump/Sanders could be hilarious to see on who and which bases where.

Sanders would never take VP. He'd be better able to support his issues as a Senator than as VP... and it's not like he's Al Gore, where he needed to be VP to get to that level.

A British MP was assassinated today by a gun and knife toting man screaming "BRITAIN FIRST!" Guess who is making "AMERICA FIRST!" his new campaign slogan. The slogan that was used by Nazi sympathizers prior to WW II.

I'll just go right out and say this. If you are a Trump supporter, I want nothing to do with you. I don't want you near me or my family. You are no friend of mine. You are not even an acquaintance. In short, go fuck yourself.

And those who planned on voting Trump because he's "not Hillary," what the fuck is wrong with you? Write in that dog turd you nearly stepped in on the way to the polling place. Anything but him.

I'll just go right out and say this. If you are a Trump supporter, I want nothing to do with you. I don't want you near me or my family. You are no friend of mine. You are not even an acquaintance. In short, go fuck yourself.
Well that seems a bit extreme.

Well that seems a bit extreme.
And assassinating an MP isn't? Their twitter feed is full of "she deserved it" and "she was a traitor" type posts. The Trump supporters aren't too far removed from that point of view. That's dangerous, and I don't want those types of dangerous people anywhere near anyone I care about.

Dave

Staff member
So we're blaming an entire group because of the actions of one guy? It's not the Trump supporters who are being violent. I'm a Bernie guy (still) but you gotta call things as they are. There's a lot to dislike about Hillary. A LOT! So someone voting for Trump instead is a legitimate protest. Look, I think the guy would be a fucking disaster. But he's the nominee and people will vote for him. Doesn't make them bad people, doesn't make them stupid. Maybe a tad myopic, but who isn't to some extent?

If someone from the other side spouted this kind of rhetoric, you'd be all over them.

GasBandit

Staff member
And assassinating an MP isn't? Their twitter feed is full of "she deserved it" and "she was a traitor" type posts. The Trump supporters aren't too far removed from that point of view. That's dangerous, and I don't want those types of dangerous people anywhere near anyone I care about.
And by this logic, Hillary supporters aren't too far removed from Che Guevara's point of view, and should be viewed with similar levels of wariness to what would be appropriate for violent, murderous revolutionaries?

Assassination is certainly extreme, but I'm pretty sure the person that did that wasn't a Trump supporter, what with, you know, being British. I just think you're painting in very broad strokes here, saying that anyone that would vote for Trump is someone that would want to assassinate people in cold blood. I don't exactly have any statistics for it, but I'm pretty confident that the majority of people that will vote for Trump probably aren't murderers.

And by this logic, Hillary supporters aren't too far removed from Che Guevara's point of view, and should be viewed with similar levels of wariness to what would be appropriate for violent, murderous revolutionaries?
Hillary supporters aren't attacking people at rallies. No. Only Trump gives you Brownshirt levels of political violence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GasBandit

Staff member
It's not the Trump supporters who are being violent.
Trump opposers definitely seem to not be shy about attacking people on the street.[DOUBLEPOST=1466110462,1466110439][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hillary supporters aren't attacking people at rallies. No. Only Trump gives you Brownshirt levels of political violence.
I'm guessing you haven't been watching the news the last few weeks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...esters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/