[NFL] 2013 NFL Season

In Sherman's defense, he's currently earning a Master's degree from Stanford. That's not something a dumb athlete who skated through college would be doing. He *is* intelligent. I just hated the way he conducted himself in that post-game interview.

Dave

Staff member
In Sherman's defense, he's currently earning a Master's degree from Stanford. That's not something a dumb athlete who skated through college would be doing. He *is* intelligent. I just hated the way he conducted himself in that post-game interview.
I do understand it though, now. If I said good game to someone and they hit me in the face I'd sure be upset.

I do understand it though, now. If I said good game to someone and they hit me in the face I'd sure be upset.
And if some guy went around doing the choke symbol before coming up to me and saying "good game" I very well might smack them in the face.

Don't know how this became anything other than "gosh maybe Athlete's aren't great role models" I'll never understand.

Dave

Staff member
And if some guy went around doing the choke symbol before coming up to me and saying "good game" I very well might smack them in the face.

Don't know how this became anything other than "gosh maybe Athlete's aren't great role models" I'll never understand.
He did the choke thing AFTER Crabtree, not before. And I'm not arguing about all athletes, just that I was wrong about Sherman.

Thing is, Crabtree ain't that great of a wide receiver.

I should know. Thanks to his inability to catch the ball in his college career, Bucky Badger won its first ever Rose Bowl back in '94.

"I found a girlfriend for the Latin kid." :rofl:[DOUBLEPOST=1390608805,1390608657][/DOUBLEPOST]And on that note, we're going to the Pro-Bowl open practice tomorrow. Since Noah played flag football this past fall he has really gotten into following the NFL (as best an 8 year old with no cable tv can at least). I think he's going to have a blast. Anyone we should especially look out for?

Ohana Day was a bit disappointing. My impression was that all military kids would have a chance to go on the field and that we would have "special" seating. The seats we had were too high for the mascots to reach when they threw t-shirts. It seemed like they picked kids to go on the field prior to the practice. The announcer said the kids were participants in Play 60...but all of the youth sports programs on base are part of Play 60. Which means Noah should have been able to participate. Nope, not the way it went down. They brought out the mascots and cheerleaders to do routines and play with the kids who were on the field.
The practice itself didn't start until an hour after we got there. Even then we only saw Team Deion since they were holding practice separately (really?) and they didn't introduce the players. The seats we had were directly in the sun, but on the 50 yard line. So we got a great view of the field, but it was hot. Lily was playing games on Shawn's phone. Noah was not having fun either since we just sat there waiting for some real action to begin. We decided to try to move to another section that was shadier only to find out that it was reserved. What? This was an open to the public, free event. I asked the kids if they wanted to leave and they both said yes. For a fun family event it sure didn't feel that way. The San Diego Padres could teach the NFL a few things about family day.

I'm going to miss the superbowl because I have to spend time with my Chinese family. Why can't they understand there are more important things in life? Pfft.

Thing is, Wasabi, the NFL isn't as thrilled about the Pro Bowl as they used to be. You're just getting a taste of that. :(

I'm going to miss the superbowl because I have to spend time with my Chinese family. Why can't they understand there are more important things in life? Pfft.
Do you still live in Shanghai? Just sneak down to Big Bamboo before everyone's awake. They'll never know the difference.

Do you still live in Shanghai? Just sneak down to Big Bamboo before everyone's awake. They'll never know the difference.

If only it were that easy. The problem s im going to Fuyang, Anhui. Chinese New Year starts on the 30th. Originally I was going to go to Shanghai to watch the game, but I was *very* politely informed by my fiance that leaving on the 2nd to make sure I see the game would not be in my best interest especially if some of her family members are planning on giving out a few 红包s which would require my presence to receive them.

If only it were that easy. The problem s im going to Fuyang, Anhui. Chinese New Year starts on the 30th. Originally I was going to go to Shanghai to watch the game, but I was *very* politely informed by my fiance that leaving on the 2nd to make sure I see the game would not be in my best interest especially if some of her family members are planning on giving out a few 红包s which would require my presence to receive them.
We're expected to attend one of my husband's family's CNY celebrations *on* Super Bowl Sunday, but I think they planned the party around football fans, because it's over by 3 PM. We go, eat, get our hong bao and get home plenty of time before kick-off. :D

This is also why I like my mother-in-law's annual CNY planning; we always host the party on a Saturday close to the start of CNY. This way we get big family party, but she gets to invites her friends that would otherwise be occupied with their own family's celebrations (ditto for our friends) and we never have to miss a Super Bowl.

Reading Engadget's Super Bowl viewing guide I just heard the best argument for why I should upgrade my soundbar to an full surround system.

If you tire of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman's call, a well-known trick to eliminate commentary is to pull the center channel from your surround sound system ..., which is usually the only one with the broadcaster's voices, leaving only stadium sounds from the other speakers.
That might be the greatest thing I've ever heard.