[NFL] 2013 NFL Season

49ers looked great, and the Raiders didn't suck as much as I thought they would! Good times in the Bay Area.

I hate how interceptions that bounce off a recievers hand, and travel 10 yards at an odd angle right into a lucky cornerbacks arms are charged against the QB. Seriously.

I hate how interceptions that bounce off a recievers hand, and travel 10 yards at an odd angle right into a lucky cornerbacks arms are charged against the QB. Seriously.
Similar with throws that are dropped by the receivers that should have been caught and are recorded as incomplete (which usually don't affect fantasy points). Baseball calls it an error and protects pitcher stats.

It compensates for when qbs get an incomplete when the ball was right in the dbs hands, or when it's mis-thrown and the receiver makes a one handed grab.

Good teams find ways to win the game...

Panthers are now 2-14 in games that are decided by 7 points or less.

I seriously believe that this season is already over. The Panthers would have to somehow run the table on the rest of their schedule in order to reach the playoffs. I do not see anyway they could do that against the likes of the Giants, Patriots, and oh yeah the Saints and Falcons twice. We should go ahead and fire all of the coordinators and Ron Rivera. Do it now and immediately start the search for replacements.

I don't know. The secret to beating the Giants seems to be putting just enough pressure on Eli that he can't get a good pass off, but not so much that he doesn't think he can get a miraculous long bomb off. That, or he hasn't figured out yet that no matter how many times he throws the ball to his brother's friends, they're still not going to accept him as one of their own. The Panthers might be able to imitate that.

Good teams find ways to win the game...

Panthers are now 2-14 in games that are decided by 7 points or less.

I seriously believe that this season is already over. The Panthers would have to somehow run the table on the rest of their schedule in order to reach the playoffs. I do not see anyway they could do that against the likes of the Giants, Patriots, and oh yeah the Saints and Falcons twice. We should go ahead and fire all of the coordinators and Ron Rivera. Do it now and immediately start the search for replacements.
That was a crushing game (though I liked it a lot) but 0-2 to the playoffs is not that absurd. You'd have to go probably 10-4 the rest of the year which is difficult, but not unreasonable at all.

Ok, maybe I was a little too harsh on the Panthers last week. 38-0 over the Giants. 7 sacks. Passing all over the field. Where the hell were these guys the first two games?

Further on into the season now and I definitely overreacted. Defense has gotten together and are playing tremendously well. Newton is not the best right now, but we are doing enough to get wins. 10-9 over the 49ers last week was a hard game to watch. Monday night vs New England this week is going to be interesting.

Meh, color me unimpressed. I remember times watching the Packers on Monday nights in December when you couldn't see the field and there were snowbanks in the end zones because that was where it was shoveled as they were clearing the seating area.

Zappit

Staff member
I don't understand how the Pats can truly be such a second half team. There's nothing the first half, and it's like they come back out and announce they've actually decided to win. These comebacks are unbelievable, but lord knows that can't last.

Dave

Staff member
I don't understand how the Pats can truly be such a second half team. There's nothing the first half, and it's like they come back out and announce they've actually decided to win. These comebacks are unbelievable, but lord knows that can't last.
Well, that and refs giving them the game. Can't have lowly Cleveland beating the golden children of the NFL.

Zappit

Staff member
Well, that and refs giving them the game. Can't have lowly Cleveland beating the golden children of the NFL.
Ehh, Boyce got wrapped up way before the ball got there, so that was clearly pass interference. And the refs haven't been giving the Pats the game - in fact, they handed one to the Jets by calling an Unsportsmanlike for pushing a player into the pile during a failed field goal - a dubious call at best, and the Jets got 15 and a fresh kick that won that game. That penalty hasn't been called since.

Y'know, some records you just don't want to break. Like your career highest interception record. NY has got to make some changes and buy Eli an offensive line. Not that I really mind, as a Seahawks fan.

Y'know, some records you just don't want to break. Like your career highest interception record. NY has got to make some changes and buy Eli an offensive line. Not that I really mind, as a Seahawks fan.
Quoted for truth. I said during the '08 Superbowl that the defensive line should have gotten MVP, because I feel like they won the game for the Giants. And I like Eli. I feel like he often gets more of the blame than he deserves. I don't think he's Peyton, but he can only do so much with a less-than-reliable offense. And I'm a life-long Giants fan, so today's game hurt a bit, but didn't surprise me.

Dave

Staff member
Nah. Cowboys did enough that that probably wouldn't have mattered. Both sides got away with some calls.