[News] -1 Faith in Humanity

Dave

Staff member
I think we'll find out it was a couple of kids who did this. Evil, stupid kids, but kids. If it turns out to be an adult...I have no words.

It does have the feel of a shitty prank where the perpetrators don't fully comprehend the consequences.

That was my feelings on the matter... a group of adolescents, probably about 10-12 years old or so, doing it because it's (I'm sorry) "edgy."

I hope they catch the little bastards and beat them with power cords.

I keep picturing my daughter playing on the equipment here....

I love seeing a police officer say shit like this
Biting on the line here, but what the hell. It's not like I've gotten 10 minutes of sleep in the last 48 hours or anything, due to work and caring for a daughter whom I was trying to keep from having to go to the emergency room again due to allergy-related asthma issues.

Yes, I'm a person. I say cruel and truly fucked up stuff sometimes. If you'd ever joined us for our Cards Against Humanity sessions, you'd get a glimpse.

But if you ever see/hear of me doing something like that in the course of my job, feel free to gild that ivory tower you've got going on. Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Keep on enjoying that free speech. While you're at it, please swallow a knife.

For the record, at this point we're only fantasizing about faceless, nameless perpetrators of indeterminate gender getting beaten with power cords.
Further bulletins as events warrant.

--Patrick

Biting on the line here, but what the hell. It's not like I've gotten 10 minutes of sleep in the last 48 hours or anything, due to work and caring for a daughter whom I was trying to keep from having to go to the emergency room again due to allergy-related asthma issues.

Yes, I'm a person. I say cruel and truly fucked up stuff sometimes. If you'd ever joined us for our Cards Against Humanity sessions, you'd get a glimpse.

But if you ever see/hear of me doing something like that in the course of my job, feel free to gild that ivory tower you've got going on. Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Keep on enjoying that free speech. While you're at it, please swallow a knife.
What I remember most about CaH is how much MLP lore you seem to know.

We really need to play that shit again sometime.

Wow, that's awful. I hope those responsible pay the price society deems appropriate and learns a lesson from this.

Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on.
He doesn't have a single leg to stand on in anything he pretends to advocate for.
Women's rights, Criminal rights, Gay rights, etc. He's an armchair hipster advocate who likes to act like he has anything worth saying on these matters but has never lifted a finger to do anything to help the causes.
IE: Constantly berates police officers for their actions/responses but has never been a part of the justice system in any meaningful way. Never experienced what it's like to be a police officer (ride along/family member who is an officer), never volunteered to help at any kind of criminal rights committee, pretty much never done anything.

This goes for all the rights advocates that I listed above. (For the record, I'm not speaking out of my ass, I advocate for Gay rights constantly by being an active part of the LGBT community here in Austin. I'm part of the LGBT business association, I attend fund raisers and events and help coordinate every now and then.)

fade

Staff member
If only there was someone here with a passionate stance against lumping an entire group of people under one umbrella and making gross assumptions about their whole person based on one generally unrelated characteristic...

He doesn't have a single leg to stand on in anything he pretends to advocate for.
Women's rights, Criminal rights, Gay rights, etc. He's an armchair hipster advocate who likes to act like he has anything worth saying on these matters but has never lifted a finger to do anything to help the causes.
IE: Constantly berates police officers for their actions/responses but has never been a part of the justice system in any meaningful way. Never experienced what it's like to be a police officer (ride along/family member who is an officer), never volunteered to help at any kind of criminal rights committee, pretty much never done anything.
LSMS

vhjMQ02.gif

GasBandit

Staff member
When I was 5, I was tricked by some other kids roughly my age into chasing them. I chased them through a door, where they had another friend waiting, who when he saw his own friends come through, pushed over a metal beam so it fell into the path of the door where I had no chance of avoiding it or stopping in time. (It was about the size and weight of an unladen barbell). Sure enough, I smacked right into it with my head and caromed off and hit the floor. I saw a bright flash of light, and I woke up some time later with a school supervisor trying to check if I was concussed.

There are kids who just don't understand the full ramifications of their actions.

However, the ones who are big enough to tape razor blades to monkey bars are not those kids.

I'm just saying, fantasizing about 12 year olds getting beaten with power cords is kind of fucked up

Oh Charlie, the ever vigilant protector of the rights of shitbags everywhere.[DOUBLEPOST=1395890933,1395890523][/DOUBLEPOST]
A) Fuck off
B) You don't know shit about me
C) Fuck off

You should just buy a fixie bicycle and move to Phildelphia. You can join the rest of your ilk at the Love Park at 11 am, in tight pants wearing a tuuk toque in the middle of summer, while eating the crumbs of Starbucks' scones off your beard and talking about the latest mainstream band movie you hate

Last edited: