XenForo Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Probably won't do anything about this. We have two basic choices. First, we can put up with it. Second would be to remove the double post mod.

I really like the double post mod.

Probably won't do anything about this. We have two basic choices. First, we can put up with it. Second would be to remove the double post mod.

I really like the double post mod.
Perhaps you can at least report it to xenforo and/or the mod's author.

Dave

Staff member
I can send something to the mod's author, but it's an older mod. The author hasn't updated or answered questions in his thread since April of this year. A LOT of people are having issues with this mod but for us it works. So I'll try but I make no promises.

4LI3N

This is weird, i tried logging in earlier and it worked, but i couldn't post because it refused to load all the way...

And now it says my pass is wrong...

figmentPez

Staff member
Something is broken with the Steam integration. It's working for some users, but mine (and others, including Dave) it just says "Invalid profile data." Trying to set it up again just yields this error:

Code:
Server Error

simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968702464/?xml=1:1: parser error : Document is empty

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    simplexml_load_file() in Steam/Helper/Steam.php at line 24
    Steam_Helper_Steam::getUserInfo() in Steam/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 52
    Steam_ControllerPublic_Account->actionSteam() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

Dave

Staff member
Turns out that Steam changed something, which broke the addon. It has been disabled until the addon author fixes it.

I can't upload anything but txt files.
Try to start typing the name of the file you want when you get to the folder it's in. It should eventually let you select the file on the list, even though you can't see it in the folder. I've been having the same problem with pics for the last few months.

Pretty much what I've been saying the last month or so.

The odd thing. My PC at work is perfectly fine and it only happens with the Flash uploader.

Uninstall Flash, restart browser, try it, it'll work. But it'll keep asking you to install it.... then boom, back to the old problem.

Dave

Staff member
I have disabled the flash uploader here on the site (didn't know I could do that) until such time as they fix this issue with Firefox.

Note that this is not necessarily a Xenforo issue, but one with the last Firefox update that Xenforo will need to deal with.

Dave

Staff member
Please note that this not only takes away the cool little progress bars, but also means you can't upload more than 1 file at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.