Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

I just created a character named Sothor and I am looking to join the guild. Is there a particular need class wise for the guild or is it a free for all at the moment?

I'd call it more of an army of... me. Nine times out of ten I'll be the only guild member online. And right now that's mostly just to burn imperial silk and scroll of wisdom cooldowns once a day until the urge to play for real returns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dave

Staff member
Either you is or you isn't. I've been on quite a bit lately so look for Daverondol.[DOUBLEPOST=1375912936,1375912714][/DOUBLEPOST]When you get on, join channel TCBooc.

Dave

Staff member
No. Squidley went off on her own. I just know she plays Horde on the same server. She's a traitor!

It's still been mostly just me. When I've even been on at all. Right now it's mostly making scrolls of wisdom and resetting auctions for a couple minutes a day. :(

Sorry guys, I have actually been playing other games and working on creative projects. Not had much time to play myself. Planning to come back for 5.4 though, want to kill me some Garrosh.

Oh, also new thing they just discovered today on the PTR, it looks like to incentivise the higher end raids, Blizzard is making all the weapons earned off Garrosh in Flex, Normal, and Heroics into Heirlooms going from 90-100. This not only confirms that the next expansion is likely going to be level 100, but also it a nice bonus for those that raid, since it means they won't have to replace the weapon they earn off Garrosh until they hit level cap.

It seems strange they're making heirlooms for current or upcoming content. We'll see if it makes it to live.
One of the biggest things many players have hated about the "final patch" was the fact that all the gear you got was replaced by something you got from a quest in the first new expansion zone.

It also made the final raid carry less incentive overall, since many players would do it once for the content, a few items, and then be "Oh I will just replace it soon with something easy next expansion, might as well just wait for the next expansion now."

This is a way for them to add incentive to do the higher end raids over LFR while giving people something that will last them all the way to the next level cap. I think it's really smart.

Meh. I don't know that heirlooms are a great idea for current content. You're just going to get more people sitting in cities queueing for dungeons. I guess Wrath did have heirlooms that worked up to the max level.

Anyways, quests are easy enough and rewards come so often I don't see it as making that much of a difference. Especially since there's no XP buff. If they do get the much rumored squish in for the next xpac there might not even be as much of a jump in gear.

No. Squidley went off on her own. I just know she plays Horde on the same server. She's a traitor!
I have no hordes on WA, they are on Whisperwind where my husband and cousins and friends play.

If you do roll a horde, let me know if you want to group sometime :)

Krol Blade for me off an Ogre outside of Karazhan. Guild Rogue paid for my epic mount way back when the epic mounts were just recoloured regular mounts and having one meant something.

I still remember my first one: Krol Blade from a Dragonkin outside of the Temple dungeon in Swamp of Sorrows. Though I have crazy weird luck. I've nabbed probably over 100-200 world epics in my WoW time.

Then again I also get Orange drops in BL2 while doing solo play so yeah RNG really favors me for some reason. I feel horrible for the guy who's on my opposite end of the spectrum balancing me out....

I can't remember what my first BOE purple was, but I know I got it when I first started playing in Dustwallow Marsh. I just about crapped my pants. It paid for my mount though. Without it I probably wouldn't have been able to afford a mount until at least 50.

My first World Drop epic happened before the game was even released. It was during the beta test when level 50 was the max.

I was farming skill points in Badlands by solo killing the elite black dragon whelps with my human rogue. During one of the kills, the epic dagger Gutripper dropped. I found myself in a bit of a pickle because it was my first epic, and a dagger which was my normal weapon, but it was rated for level 40. Since I was level 50 with much better blue daggers, I decided to sell it instead.

I went to Stormwind and decided to put the dagger up for bid starting at 15g. People started throwing up bids until someone bid 100g for it, which made my brow sweat. I sold it to him and in whisper was congratulated by many other players for making so much money off it. Really shows you how different gold was back then, when it was way more scarce and just having 100g was considered being rich.

Really shows you how different gold was back then, when it was way more scarce and just having 100g was considered being rich.
No doubt, like when people were still "raiding" UBRS and epic mounts were one in a thousand level 60s.

Farming mats for an arcanite reaper....

I remember when you actually had to plan instances, and healing wasn't just spamming spells. Removing serious mana conservation pretty much made healing easymode.

You guys have no idea how hard things like epic mounts used to be.

Back in the beta, everything was earned with skill points. Getting mount riding cost 1000 skill points. The only way to gather skill points was to get XP, and you got 1 skill point for every certain number of XP (it was not a small number). Once you hit the level cap of the time you could keep killing things and earn phantom experience to put towards skill point collection.
Now you might think, "Oh that's not too bad" until you realize that back then almost everything cost skill points. You wanted to learn crafts? Skill Points. Cooking? Skill Points. Do you want to be able to make a camp fire? Skill Points to learn the Survivalist skill. Back then, even the Tracking abilities that later become a hunter exclusive could be purchased with skill points.

On the one side, it was a nightmare if you wanted to get everything you needed. Skill points gathered so slowly that by the time you were max level you only were able to max two crafts, without really buying anything else, let alone save up for that mount. On the other hand, there was something really cool about meeting another player who was so dedicated he has Alchemy, Engineering, Blacksmithing, Mining, Herbalism, Skinning, Enchanting, Tailoring, AND Leatherworking. Yup, back then they didn't have a profession cap, you just had to earn the absurd amount of skill points to pull it off.

Weapon skill was around for so long. I remember it existed after achievements were introduced because I took my shaman into one of the Outlands dungeon where you have to kill a whole pile of channelers before the boss, a big demon dude, comes into phase. I just walked past them, being so much higher level, and parked my shaman without a weapon behind the demon and proceeded to let my shaman punch his immune self for like 40 GD minutes while his weapon skill slowly maxed.

I think it was just after BC was released that they did away with weapons skills. I remember having to go to SW or ORG and buying the base weapon types that the vendors sold and running around killing initial quest mobs for hours. Back then, some weapon types were so rare, they weren't even worth leveling unless you got one specific weapon. For example, fist weapons were nigh non-existent.

Of course, I also cut my teeth on a PvP server, so there was the usual TM shutdown and regular raids on the capitals. I remember Stranglethorn Vale being simply terrifying. Booty Bay lockdowns, Stitches being kited into town in Duskwood. Man, looking back, the entire game seemed so much more involved and exciting.

And GOD DAMN those freaking Son's of Arugal in Silverpine forest. That was by far my favorite zone in the game back then.

Last edited: