Wyrmrest Accord WoW Guild Sexy Fun Time.

Be aware that they said the new Warchief was "unexpected" back before Vol'jin got all his development. Back then everyone just assumed Thrall was coming back. Kosak even commented on it.
Exactly. They can't just toss in a warchief without any character development leading to it. They have to have a reason to do it, otherwise people will scream about how lazy the writers are, and people will hate it.
I know when they first said that no one was thinking vol'jin. People wanted it, but it seemed like a long shot since he had very little character development. After the book, and the assassination attempt, it was pretty obvious. They needed that though.

So, how long do you think it will be before Anduin gets corrupted and becomes Sargeras' new vessel or something?
Anduin is prophesied by Velen to be the future leader of the Army of Light. It's why they always present him as the rational guy even after Garrosh nearly murders him.

I sometimes think they fucked up Jaina just so they could push Anduin as the rational one without him having competition with an older, more popular character.

Anduin is prophesied by Velen to be the future leader of the Army of Light. It's why they always present him as the rational guy even after Garrosh nearly murders him.

I sometimes think they fucked up Jaina just so they could push Anduin as the rational one without him having competition with an older, more popular character.
Yeah, but it's Blizzard. The more pure the character, the more likely it is that they will turn evil.

Welp. I was able to quest for a little while in Timeless Isle last night on Dark Iron without immediately getting slaughtered. So maybe my concerns about a PVP server were a bit overblown.

So I guess it's time to get back to my hordies and start updating their gear again. :)

Welp. I was able to quest for a little while in Timeless Isle last night on Dark Iron without immediately getting slaughtered. So maybe my concerns about a PVP server were a bit overblown.

So I guess it's time to get back to my hordies and start updating their gear again. :)
Ever since Battlegrounds were introduced, world PvP dropped significantly. You may run across a jerk here or there who will try to shut down your questing, but for the most part it's not bad.

Most of the people who are PVPing are likely working to get that item that makes you hostile to everyone. Killing other players under the effect gives you a special currency that you can use to buy special items like a Black Mushan Beast mount, but to get the item you have to farm those tauren dudes.

My Alliance character is on Proudmoore and my Horde character is on Area 52. Needless to say, I'm waiting a couple weeks before even attempting to play through these new areas.

My Alliance character is on Proudmoore and my Horde character is on Area 52. Needless to say, I'm waiting a couple weeks before even attempting to play through these new areas.
I'd go ahead, as part of some of the quest chains is to kill multiple rare elite mobs. Mobs that you won't be able to solo.

@#$%!!!

Are people hopping on the albatross taxi and then just going AFK? Is there a better pickup point besides by the Captain at the courtyard entrance?

I just wasted the better part of an hour on WA waiting for an unoccupied albatross to pass by so I can complete Rolo's Riddle. Every one had a passenger. It's like they're circling the island out of spite.

Edit: Nevermind. There's a better spot to pick up the albatross. Got the riddle done. And now I have a mess of unopened epics waiting for me to get these alts to 90. :p

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Guess I know what I'm doing tonight. I tend to stay away from new areas for a little while, but this sounds just too good.

Don't forget that there are daily chests that always spawn that require some platforming.

The first is on a pirate ship in the southeast that requires running along the mast.

Second is on the ramp up to the tauren area by jumping across some pillars.

Another further up near the top of the tauren area near the first bridge, and requires walking along some ropes.

Finally one that involves shooting up into the air with wings and gliding down to some floating platforms. That one actually gives you the most chances for loot since you can get around three chests from it before the slow fall wears off, likely even more if you are an engineer with the goblin glider.

Best way to get look though is to run around and look for the moss covered chests. They have a very high chance of having an epic token on them, and spawn rather regularly. I mapped out the spawn locations and run a path killing all the cranes I come across for extra loot chances and timeless coins.

At long long last, DING! Topkapi, my first main and first 70 has finally dinged 90 after a 6 year hiatus between 70 and 71. And thanks to Timeless Isle, already has a handful of epics. :D

I find it weird that I got an email advertising a week of free play to mark the launch of the new patch. I mean that's not so weird, as I get WoW spam all the time, but it was addressed to my Shaman's character name.

It's sad I have barely played since the new patch. It's not due to lack of interest, just lack of time. Raising my son takes the majority of my weekend and when I finally do have time to play I work on a personal project instead.

It's sad I have barely played since the new patch. It's not due to lack of interest, just lack of time. Raising my son takes the majority of my weekend and when I finally do have time to play I work on a personal project instead.
I haven't played either, considering my two mains wouldn't use any of the free gear from Timeless Isle and Siege isn't up on LFR yet.

I'm not a huge fan of it right now, but we'll see how it feels over time. They just kind of left the rebellion in limbo quest wise. I know it gets picked up again in the raid, but that's it? I mean, we are on the verge of assaulting our capital, and we just leave to mess around on an island. I know it's all connected, but it doesn't really feel like it. It would just be nice if they had some more quests leading up to the siege.

I'm not a huge fan of it right now, but we'll see how it feels over time. They just kind of left the rebellion in limbo quest wise. I know it gets picked up again in the raid, but that's it? I mean, we are on the verge of assaulting our capital, and we just leave to mess around on an island. I know it's all connected, but it doesn't really feel like it. It would just be nice if they had some more quests leading up to the siege.
You can somewhat blame the players on this one.

Blizzard was originally going to have quests occurring in Durotar, with the Horde being based out of Razor Hill and the Alliance being based out of the Skyfire (or Dalaran, as some rumors put it)

Problem was everyone was complaining about how "daily" tastic MoP has been. Dailies in the original, dailies filling up 5.1 and 5.2. The whole change to the system in the Barrens for 5.3 was to try and move away from a daily system to another type of playstyle. However, doing such a system in Durotar wouldn't have worked as well, so it was either go with the original intention and make more dailies, or try to make a new place in Pandaria to have some events based more on the ideas of exploration. They went with the latter.

You can somewhat blame the players on this one.

Blizzard was originally going to have quests occurring in Durotar, with the Horde being based out of Razor Hill and the Alliance being based out of the Skyfire (or Dalaran, as some rumors put it)

Problem was everyone was complaining about how "daily" tastic MoP has been. Dailies in the original, dailies filling up 5.1 and 5.2. The whole change to the system in the Barrens for 5.3 was to try and move away from a daily system to another type of playstyle. However, doing such a system in Durotar wouldn't have worked as well, so it was either go with the original intention and make more dailies, or try to make a new place in Pandaria to have some events based more on the ideas of exploration. They went with the latter.
I thought the 5.2 dailies were great. At that point the old dailies were pretty much useless, unless you wanted some vanity stuff or were anal about getting exalted with everyone. They also had dino island that had a mob grind to it if that's what you wanted, plus rares to hunt down if you wanted.

Grinding mobs has always been my least favorite aspect of this game, and that's pretty much all the island is. Oh well, we'll see if it grows on me. I just have zero urge to do any of it right now.

I liked the first LFR wing. Still think a little bit of build up to what is happening in the raid would be nice, but apparently a cinematic not shown in game is enough. :rolleyes:
Apparently no one cares as long as they can get sweet loots from the island.

I thought the 5.2 dailies were great. At that point the old dailies were pretty much useless, unless you wanted some vanity stuff or were anal about getting exalted with everyone. They also had dino island that had a mob grind to it if that's what you wanted, plus rares to hunt down if you wanted.

Grinding mobs has always been my least favorite aspect of this game, and that's pretty much all the island is. Oh well, we'll see if it grows on me. I just have zero urge to do any of it right now.
I worked my way up to exalted with the Anglers. I wanted that water strider mount :p

I haven't even completed the first part of the new LFR that was released last week. I'm just going to wait a while, I'm in no rush.

I've done Flex Wing 1, LFR Wing 1 and a few of the normal bosses. By far the most painful was LFR. In our LFR, the second fight was explained a ton of times and people still were brutal. We only got it due to all our stacks of determination.

Flex raids all the way!

I've done LFR wing 1 twice now. Last week Norushen was absolutely brutal. This week it wasn't too bad, and only wiped once. All the other bosses went really well. LFR wing 2 last night was a god damn cluster fuck. I didn't finish it. Might try again tonight, we'll see.

Dave

Staff member
I still play on that server and stay logged in to our ooc channel.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

So I re up and chick the guild tab. Says the leader is inactive. I click on that and asks me if I want to depose him...

REVOLUTION!!