[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

I started playing again a month ago, but I had the advantage of playing MoP at the start so I was only completely lost on *some* of my chars. ;)

My biggest gripe with the way they do spells and stuff now is that they're all seperated by spec. Sure, this helps narrow down the billion different skills every class has, and shows you which ones are important for your spec, but if you level a mage the whole way through as frost, and then suddenly switch to arcane spec, you suddenly have a billion spells that you have no idea what to do with.
To be fair, this is why they have the "Core Abilities" tab in the spell book, and have had for awhile. It gives you the rundown of the main spec spells you will be using, the general rotation, etc... Almost all the other spells not on the core tab overlap in all three specs.

Honestly, even if "Fireball" was on the bar while you play frost spec, the likelihood that you would use it over Frost Bolt is pretty much non-existent. It's not effecient, and so it ends up just being needless clutter for a spell you likely will never use until you switch specs anyways.

My biggest gripe with the way they do spells and stuff now is that they're all seperated by spec. Sure, this helps narrow down the billion different skills every class has, and shows you which ones are important for your spec, but if you level a mage the whole way through as frost, and then suddenly switch to arcane spec, you suddenly have a billion spells that you have no idea what to do with.
But if you're playing Frost or Fire you wouldn't ever need those spells anyway. Plus, just about every class forum has a sticky that's (relatively) up-to-date to get you going on the basics of every spec (rotation, stat priority, etc). Some even have leveling guides.

The game's at its most accessible, and this is speaking as a Vanilla player. A majority of classes suffered from severe button bloat, and over the last couple xpacs they've managed to fix that (though some, like Hunter and Shaman, are still in dire need of help).

Yeah that's what it sounds like, though there are some weird changes that I'm curious to see in action (Survival Hunters losing Killshot, for example).

If anyone's on WA before they shut it down for maintenance (to connect a couple of unrelated realms with each other :(), look for Karnac or Janierya. Both could use a guild invite to Crimson Battalion. ;)

But if you're playing Frost or Fire you wouldn't ever need those spells anyway. Plus, just about every class forum has a sticky that's (relatively) up-to-date to get you going on the basics of every spec (rotation, stat priority, etc). Some even have leveling guides.

The game's at its most accessible, and this is speaking as a Vanilla player. A majority of classes suffered from severe button bloat, and over the last couple xpacs they've managed to fix that (though some, like Hunter and Shaman, are still in dire need of help).
My Enhancement Shaman has twice as many spells on my bar as my Druid or Paladin, so, I'd have to agree with you there.

Cool cinematic, and Chris Metzen, you have a pretty good voice. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE EVERY ORC AND VILLAIN.

Still, always makes a person crave a full movie animated like that.

*sigh* I'm actually considering picking up WoW, mostly because I'm looking for something to do in the months between TSW issues. I'm just not sure I want to spend $15 a month again.

I'm trying to get all classes to 90 before WoD. I'm up to 8. The others are 86, 85... and 37. *sigh monks* I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM. To be fair I have been playing for most of the last 10 years so I had plenty of time to build characters up and thus am less sad right? RIGHT?!

I've got everything but Paladin at 90 now, but I did use my WoD boost on a Priest. Pally is 87, I just hate everything about questing in Townlong/Dread Wastes.

I highly recommend leveling a monk as a brewmaster, as they start with actual skills and stuff to use, whereas windwalkers don't get fun until around level 50

I'm pretty sure my monk is brewmaster/windwalker because I was leveling her with my husband and he went windwalker/mistwhatever.[DOUBLEPOST=1408472008,1408471927][/DOUBLEPOST]Side note: I got on as servers were coming up and finally managed to snag the fez wearing monkey on my hunter.

I'm pretty sure my monk is brewmaster/windwalker because I was leveling her with my husband and he went windwalker/mistwhatever.[DOUBLEPOST=1408472008,1408471927][/DOUBLEPOST]Side note: I got on as servers were coming up and finally managed to snag the fez wearing monkey on my hunter.
Awesome! I've never seen him on either of my hunters.

Here's what I got from Blizzard...

You've proven your worth in the battle for Sancturary. Now come and test your skills in World of Warcraft™—absolutely free! To help you get started, we're giving you the full digital version of World of Warcraft, which comes with 30 days of game time* and includes all of the content from The Burning Crusade™, Wrath of the Lich King™, and Cataclysm™.

To get started, follow these simple steps:

1. Fire up the Battle.net® desktop app and log in.
  2. Click World of Warcraft on the left game-navigation bar.
  3. Install World of Warcraft.
  4. Click Play!
*Act fast, as your free game time expires September 26, 2014, after which you'll need to subscribe to continue playing.
So yeah... they just gave me a free 30 days of WoW. I don't know if this is because I did stuff during premier night for seasons or just because I never had a WoW account associated with my Battle.net ID, but they gave me a free full 30 days. Saved me 30 bucks because I HAD been thinking about trying out WoW. I haven't played it since about a month after launch.

Here's what I got from Blizzard...

So yeah... they just gave me a free 30 days of WoW. I don't know if this is because I did stuff during premier night for seasons or just because I never had a WoW account associated with my Battle.net ID, but they gave me a free full 30 days. Saved me 30 bucks because I HAD been thinking about trying out WoW. I haven't played it since about a month after launch.
Considering I got diablo 3 at launch for free just for subscribing to WoW, seems fair.

Yeah, I'm sure those of us who own all the expansions and have played on and off aren't going to get that offer.[DOUBLEPOST=1409464844,1409464810][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll admit it. I've already pre-ordered the collectors edition of WoD.

Kind of getting frustrated with WoW. It seems impossible to craft gear that I can use RIGHT NOW for a couple of reasons:

- the resources don't spawn period. I've needed silver since lvl 21. I'm now lvl 33 and I haven't seen a single god damn node of it. Yes, I know it spawns anywhere I could get iron or tin.

- Buying the resources is out of the question. A single bar of silver is 20g. Medium leather is just as bad.

I guess I'm going to have to make a feeder if I want to have some actual god damn fun with crafting.