[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

So I saw something saying that all AHs are going cross faction in the xpac, and the tears that were flowing made me laugh very hard.

Yes some really interesting changes. AH is going fully cross-faction to alleviate economy issues when one faction is stronger then the other. Now you won't join a server where you are one of a few Alliance and find the AH empty as dirt or heavily overpriced.

They are also removing guild levels. Guild PERKS will still exist, and you will still get things like banks, missions, achievements, etc... The reasoning was that leveling became more of a barrier for new guild creation then a boon, and so now just being in a guild will give you all the various perks.

Also tonight I finally logged on to try out the suicide mission. The nostalgia level of this expansion is intense. You first have to close the portal, which the Iron Horde is using a captured Gul'dan, Cho'gall, and Teron'gar (Aka Teron Gorefiend) to power it. You free them as it's the only way to close it, stranding you there. A whole bunch of randomly named heroes are down on the front lines and it's assumed once you flee that all of them die.

Your group is made up of Khadgar, Thrall, Maraad, Ariok (Eitrigg's son), Lady Liadrin, one of the named Warden from Firelands (blanking on her actual name), a named Druid of the Talon (though not the cool one), and a dark iron demo squad. You work together to save both orc and draenei slaves including Drek'thar and Maladaar (remember him? last boss of Aurchenai Crypts) and try to escape the massive iron horde army. The only one I remember dying was Ariok, who sacrificed himself to save the group from Kilrogg.

While you flee the whole thing is pretty much a Warlord Rollcall. You start fighting Bleeding Hallow bloodmages who are stealing blood to make super soldiers until Kilrogg shows up, forcing you to flee. Then you get stuck in an arena with Kargath sending his super sado-masochist army to kill you, which you have to escape. Next you move on to the Shadowmoon, who have taken up rift and void magic, and scare of Ner'zhul after killing his lacky Keli'dan the Breaker (Remember him? Last boss of Hellfire Blood Furnace). Then the Blackrock, who are basically the engineer clan making all the super-machines, until Blackhand shows up and you have to flood his forge. You finally end it by destroying the portal and seeing Grom show up as you escape the vast army.

It's actually really well done. Makes Khadgar look like a badass too.

Last edited:
After I quit hardcore raiding around the end of Cata, I find WoW to be very boring. I started playing again at random for the routine of it, but I basically roll my face through raid finder and hope I don't fall asleep from boredom.

After I quit hardcore raiding around the end of Cata, I find WoW to be very boring. I started playing again at random for the routine of it, but I basically roll my face through raid finder and hope I don't fall asleep from boredom.
Honestly I don't even think it's the difficulty for me that make me feel the same. For me, it's the length of time. I don't think I mesh well with the length of time raid bosses take to kill. I prefer my bosses to die in a few minutes tops, but doing some raid fights can take 10-20 minutes depending on how good the group is, and some boss mechanics drag that out further (Immersious and his split for instance). One of the reasons I miss dungeon updates, because I always enjoyed the speed of those.

I was pretty depressed that no new 5 man dungeons were added in the last year. New scenarios yes, but those are also pretty unexciting. I just want to get my iLvl high enough to at least kill Garrosh once, I'm up to 493 on my healer and my tank.

I was pretty depressed that no new 5 man dungeons were added in the last year. New scenarios yes, but those are also pretty unexciting. I just want to get my iLvl high enough to at least kill Garrosh once, I'm up to 493 on my healer and my tank.
I finally got my Priest to 499 this week, but I've only done the first part of SoO (Vale). Blew all three of my tokens on the run, and was rewarded with six piles of gold. Glad to see a six-month hiatus hasn't changed my luck at all.

"Hey, we're giving you these shitty, small forts on a ratty island as your hubs instead of these super-cool castles in the beautiful start zones, deal with it. BUT HEY HERE'S ANOTHER 15 DOLLAR PET YOU CAN BUY SO WE'RE SQUARE YEAH?"

"Hey, we're giving you these shitty, small forts on a ratty island as your hubs instead of these super-cool castles in the beautiful start zones, deal with it. BUT HEY HERE'S ANOTHER 15 DOLLAR PET YOU CAN BUY SO WE'RE SQUARE YEAH?"
To be fair, I saw the hub change happening. It was going to be Crystalsong all over again.

For those worried about not being able to solo old content after the squish. Well...

Here is a level 100 premade entering Blackwing Decent, AKA, a Catalsym raid.

So I read up more on the old content solo setup, and supposedly they added a hidden buff that increases the damage you do to pre-mop dungeons and raids. The buff applies based on your level, so if you are level 50 and enter a level 50 dungeon with level 50 mobs, you will be at normal power. 51, you will gain an increase to both damage and mitigation to any mob below 51, so on and so forth till you reach the maximum at 10 levels of differences, which gives an extreme boost in power. That is what the gnome in the video has since he is over ten levels above the raid.

This mean, technically, you should be able to easily solo dungeons ten levels lower then you. Level 25 and really just want to womp Ragefire Chasm? Likely will be possible.

This will not apply to mop dungeons or raids, likely because they don't want soloing to be super easy in the last expansion, but any before it will be fair game. Likely to see the buff shift to engulf mop dungeons once the next expansion after WoD comes out. Word is they are also going back and altering mechanics that caused bosses to reset when only one person was around, like Thorim.

Got bored and broke in February, so I let my subscription lapse. I still have a hunter to get to 90, so I'm about to dive back in.

BUT... to do so I had to go visit my bank. Seems they think Blizzard is a hotbed of fraud, in spite of being part of one of the largest media companies in the world. They were blocking any attempt at trying to use my debit card to renew my subscription.

The BoA weapons/shield from Garrosh are pretty good. They cap at level 100 and are useable from level 90, likely meant to last you till H dungeons/raids at WoD level cap.

I need to start doing Flex or something on my priest to try to get these. I'm to the point in gear after not playing for over a year that I feel like I could do it, but pug groups are still ilvl obsessed, and I have no idea what I should aim for in that regard. :p There are times I miss being a hardcore raider, then I remember that I was scheduling my life around a game and I get over it. :p

fade

Staff member
I always want to get back into this game. So I'll resubscribe and nostalgia kicks in, and I quit. I miss when low levels were fun. My first guy was an undead priest and he was hard but fun to play. There were low level pick up groups and people playing for fun instead of as some kind of micromanaged business.

I've been really lucky on flex difficulty and have a bit of a collection. Normal Garrosh is holding out on me.

I wonder if we have enough people here to make a group for a flex kill? I can bring either a horde or ally hunter.

I have 90s on both sides, but only a priest (or maybe a DK tank) on alliance side that is geared-ish enough. I could also drag my husband along. He's a ret pally alliance side ATM, but could be convinced to work on his tank gear if we're not pubbing it. Also have a friend who might want in. :p

Pandaria Flight Paths continue to fill me with rage at how ineffiecient they are. It's like they *want* to be obsolete.

Pandaria Flight Paths continue to fill me with rage at how ineffiecient they are. It's like they *want* to be obsolete.
God yes, it almost makes me want to farm the top flight speed on my alts just to skip the paths, going to Nizuao Temple when I need to pick up pre-SoO tier is a huge chore.