[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

That’s the big unanswered question, what are the long term plans. I’m guessing it really hinges on how popular it is, and so far it has well exceeded what blizzard has thought it would do.
They have a few options. Leave it as is and let it be classic. Add content for more things to do. Or continue on with the progression of TBC, and possibly WotLK.
They all have their down sides, but for now people are enjoying it for what it is.
My suspicion is what they've already put out there: getting to milestones in Classic will give you stuff for Retail. They could even do a "this will reboot yearly" feature and make it like doing prestige ranks in a shooter. Hit "Veteran" rank 1 during a year and you get X mount for retail.

I don't think they will add expansions to classic servers. That just turns classic into like a reboot of retail.

I think if they do go that route they will simply add expansion specific servers. Like join the TBC server or the Wotlk server or the wod server. That would have the added commercial bonus of forcing people to relevel for each expansion type, thus possibly dragging out the sub further. Not anything I would play, but hey, if someone likes it right?

I don't think they will add expansions to classic servers. That just turns classic into like a reboot of retail.

I think if they do go that route they will simply add expansion specific servers. Like join the TBC server or the Wotlk server or the wod server. That would have the added commercial bonus of forcing people to relevel for each expansion type, thus possibly dragging out the sub further. Not anything I would play, but hey, if someone likes it right?
That’s what I meant. Having groups of xpac specific servers. They already said they coded Classic in such a way that moving to other xpacs will be significantly easier.
It would most likely splinter the player base even more though. We'll see.

That’s the big unanswered question, what are the long term plans. I’m guessing it really hinges on how popular it is, and so far it has well exceeded what blizzard has thought it would do.
They have a few options. Leave it as is and let it be classic. Add content for more things to do. Or continue on with the progression of TBC, and possibly WotLK.
They all have their down sides, but for now people are enjoying it for what it is.
They'll release TBC, and then WotLK, and then keep going all the way to BfA until they've tricked us all into playing retail.

Sweet farking day in the morning.

After all the shit ActiBliz did to shut down rogue Vanilla WOW servers, eventually, reticently started servers of their own, and now I've just seen a commercial advertising "WE NOW HAVE VANILLA WOW SERVERS"
*may the suits that ruined Blizzard all develop various forms of acrid pustulent diseases.*

Never another dollar. And if they ever somehow make a good single player, I'll raise the Jolly Roger.

*may the suits that ruined Blizzard all develop various forms of acrid pustulent diseases.*
I remember reading a game industry article where somebody got the rights to some classic game and code, but they didn't have the assets, or something like that. Fortunately they were able to find a fansite set up by someone who apparently loved the game that was hosting all the stuff they were missing, which they downloaded...and then promptly turned around and used their newly-acquired rights to sue that fansite off the air.

--Patrick

Blizz has been changing a lot in the last few years. They are restructured and more bound to Activision then ever before. They even threatened me with a lawsuit earlier this year after a decade of not really caring about my fan works, and some developers supporting it like getting me in alpha tests. The old guard is mostly gone. It was good while it lasted.

Activision-Blizzard is really just Activision now. I came back to try classic WoW for awhile but eventually just uninstalled and removed the blizzard launcher from my computer again. I'll stick with FF14 for my mmo fix

Activision-Blizzard is really just Activision now. I came back to try classic WoW for awhile but eventually just uninstalled and removed the blizzard launcher from my computer again. I'll stick with FF14 for my mmo fix
It's almost a sure thing Activision announces the next WoW Expansion (and the final Raid) during BlizzFest. The game needs massive changes and it's bleeding players right now.