[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

My only raiding hours are 9am-noon east coast time. So essentially never. I wind up using te time to work on marks for heirlooms and leveling up a hunter and mage.

BTW, is there anyone in Crimson Battalion who might be on WA this morning to give my mage an invite? Tired of invite spam from people who aren't you guys.

My only raiding hours are 9am-noon east coast time. So essentially never. I wind up using te time to work on marks for heirlooms and leveling up a hunter and mage.

BTW, is there anyone in Crimson Battalion who might be on WA this morning to give my mage an invite? Tired of invite spam from people who aren't you guys.
What's your battlenet name? I'll invite you if I see you on.

You know, there's always been one piece of lore in the World of Warcraft universe that I never understood.

Thrall is one of the wisest, most level headed characters in all of the WoW mythos. He's dedicated not only to his people, but the world at large, and worked incredibly hard to reforge the orcs as well as the entirety of the horde from their corrupt, warmongering ways to a more peaceful existence. He's intelligent, he's worldly, and he always has the good of all in mind.

So why the fuck did he leave Garrosh in charge? Especially over choices like Cairne, or Vol'jin, or anyone other than Garrosh. Even Sylvanas would have been less of a warmonger (at least, not so open about it).

I'm just tired of Thrall sweeping in to save the day. Dude is like the Sonic Screwdriver of the WoW universe at this point. Can't figure out how to move the story along? Thrall it!

I'm just tired of Thrall sweeping in to save the day. Dude is like the Sonic Screwdriver of the WoW universe at this point. Can't figure out how to move the story along? Thrall it!
Yeah, it's kind of a shame. He was a compelling character in Warcraft 3 because he was rather humble and always trying to better himself. Now he's a superhero.

Personally I'm hoping he and Aggra just disappear for awhile in this xpac to do the whole parent thing, but I doubt Metzen will let his favorite character take a break. Maybe let any of the other Horde leaders fucking do something for a change. We have a new Warchief who spent 90% of MoP hiding so bid bad Garrosh wouldn't curbstomp him, Baine who did fuck all save for pushing the pre-Siege quests along, and Sylvanas who, as usual since Wrath, is nowhere to be seen. Hell, the fucking Blood Elf leader has done more this xpac than the other leaders.

Personally I'm hoping he and Aggra just disappear for awhile in this xpac to do the whole parent thing, but I doubt Metzen will let his favorite character take a break. Maybe let any of the other Horde leaders fucking do something for a change. We have a new Warchief who spent 90% of MoP hiding so bid bad Garrosh wouldn't curbstomp him, Baine who did fuck all save for pushing the pre-Siege quests along, and Sylvanas who, as usual since Wrath, is nowhere to be seen. Hell, the fucking Blood Elf leader has done more this xpac than the other leaders.
Well, for Sylvanas, it makes sense for her not to do anything. Her allegiance to the Horde has always been to further her own ends. It's no surprise that she would stand back to see how things play out before supporting any of the other leaders of the Horde.

Well, for Sylvanas, it makes sense for her not to do anything. Her allegiance to the Horde has always been to further her own ends. It's no surprise that she would stand back to see how things play out before supporting any of the other leaders of the Horde.
That's true. I'm just surprised how little she's shown up overall since Wrath. I know that, much like Jaina, Arthas was pretty pivotal in her story, but through Cata and MoP she's barely made a peep save for the Worgen starter area.

Considering she is basically trying to create more Forsaken, I'm pretty sure she wants to keep her profile pretty low.

That's true. I'm just surprised how little she's shown up overall since Wrath. I know that, much like Jaina, Arthas was pretty pivotal in her story, but through Cata and MoP she's barely made a peep save for the Worgen starter area.
She had a pretty big story line in Cata actually. It was all in the leveling process though, which most people skipped or ignored. It kinda explains why she didn't want to have anything to do with Garrosh's plans in MoP, and Garrosh didn't trust her enough to include her.

She had a pretty big story line in Cata actually. It was all in the leveling process though, which most people skipped or ignored. It kinda explains why she didn't want to have anything to do with Garrosh's plans in MoP, and Garrosh didn't trust her enough to include her.
Ah I forgot, there was that bit in Tirisfal and Southshore. Most of my characters were well beyond the lowbie zones at Cata so I missed a lot of that stuff, unfortunately.

Ah I forgot, there was that bit in Tirisfal and Southshore. Most of my characters were well beyond the lowbie zones at Cata so I missed a lot of that stuff, unfortunately.
I think that is one of the big reasons why Cata was the flop it was. They crammed in a lot of big story lines in low level quests that most people didn't want to do. So a lot of the back story on why things were the way they were at max level, was never really known to a lot of people. The story just felt random. Even in MoP missing that leaves some big holes.

I'm sure it made sense to Bliz at the time, but it just didn't work out that way.

Also, low levels are so fast now that you never really get to all the lore unless you are leveling lots of characters, or just go back for it for Loremaster.

Also, low levels are so fast now that you never really get to all the lore unless you are leveling lots of characters, or just go back for it for Loremaster.
Yeah when I leveled my Monk especially, I missed out on multiple zones at a time thanks to heirlooms, the Monk xp buff and dungeon spam.

It was explained in the novels that Thrall put Garrosh in charge because he was still riding high with the younger orcs after all his victories in Northrend, and his first choice as a replacement, Draenosh Saurfang, was killed at the Wrathgate. He felt Garrosh was overly ambitious but figured Cairne and Vol'jin could help temper him into a good leader. I don't think he expected Garrosh to kill Cairne and later banish Vol'jin. Even then he wanted Garrosh to "come around" like his father did.

The part Thrall sort of forgot was that Grom was a monster when he was younger, by his own choice. It was not till he aged and felt real hardship that he grew out of his bloodlust. He shouldn't have expected anything less giving the keys to a younger Hellscream.

You going to hate questing in Nagrand during WoD. Spoilers AHOY.

You chase down Garrosh, and with the help of Durotan, fight him. He defeats both of you, and is about to kill you when Thrall shows up and challenges Garrosh to Mok'gora, a challenge to the death. Garrosh accepts and tells Thrall to meet him at the Stones of Prophecy (AKA that stone tent thing that in the future are at the center of Garadar, and the place Thrall first met Garrosh in Burning Crusade). While we don't get to see what happens yet as the cutscene is not in, looking near the lake kind of gives it away."

That is Garrosh crushed to death between a whole bunch of rocks.

Don't get me started about needing to go to outside sources to figure out in-game lore.

Last edited:
It was explained in the novels that Thrall put Garrosh in charge because he was still riding high with the younger orcs after all his victories in Northrend, and his first choice as a replacement, Draenosh Saurfang, was killed at the Wrathgate. He felt Garrosh was overly ambitious but figured Cairne and Vol'jin could help temper him into a good leader. I don't think he expected Garrosh to kill Cairne and later banish Vol'jin. Even then he wanted Garrosh to "come around" like his father did.

The part Thrall sort of forgot was that Grom was a monster when he was younger, by his own choice. It was not till he aged and felt real hardship that he grew out of his bloodlust. He shouldn't have expected anything less giving the keys to a younger Hellscream.

You going to hate questing in Nagrand during WoD. Spoilers AHOY.
Yeah, I read about the WoD thing, that's what really got me thinking about Thrall as a plot device and how over-used he is.

Went to Sunwell Plateau for giggles tonight because I didn't feel like LFR-ing, hadn't done a full run in a year or so.

Glad I went on my Hunter, because Thori'dal dropped.

I got super stoked for the TM vs SS event then realized it is a limited time frame event. :( Not sure if I will resubscribe just for a month for that.
Just like only the winning bike from Azeroth Choppers was going to be put into the game? We all know how that turned out. I expect the BG to come back during a patch in WoD as returning bonus content.

I hope so. I was wondering if they are using the event as a test bed for how well people like it/ make adjustments. I also like the fact that it is team Death Match(IIRC.) I should like WSG/AB/etc the most but since I pug'd when I played I prefered Strands and AV because if people weren't playing the BG correctly the matches were at least over quick. So I am hoping that with a team deathmatch it will be bearable if I get stuck with a lousy team.

I'm trying to mists of panda-land trial after not having played since I did the cata trial, and pre-BC before that. Holy crap it's like playing again for the first time. I started a new Gnome Priest after looking at my old main and not knowing what the hell was going on with talents and stuff. I'm not sure how much I like it. It's neat that they simplified talents and abilities but I guess it feels less fun. I speced Shadow and my smite was replayed with Mind Flay, which is ok I guess but it feels lame to not have that extra spell just for a little variety. I'm also not getting a new ability until like level 22 or something which is crazy.

My space goat mage just stalled at 25 when I realized I could get the 300% rested XP bonus with a panda instead. So I rolled one and got her through the Wandering Isle and into Stormwind before bedtime. If I stick to her quests and give her the heirlooms, I could be caught up be the end of my days off.

My biggest gripe with the way they do spells and stuff now is that they're all seperated by spec. Sure, this helps narrow down the billion different skills every class has, and shows you which ones are important for your spec, but if you level a mage the whole way through as frost, and then suddenly switch to arcane spec, you suddenly have a billion spells that you have no idea what to do with.