[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Very curious how it's infecting people. Lucky for me I don't really browse the worst parts of the net without ten levels of protection.

Dave

Staff member
One advantage to having the beta launcher, I guess.
I have the beta launcher and an authenticator. Someone tried to brute force me and locked me down tight.

Of course, right now I'm suspended because of other reasons, but that's neither here nor there.

I read the article. Is it able to get through all types ofauthenticators?
Yes. It basically gets the info and logs in real time. The downside of hacking with normal things like keyloggers is that the authenticator code will change before the information usually gets to someone that can use it to log in. Since the trojan beams this information in real time to some waiting bot, the bot can log in over you and start stripping the characters within seconds of you logging in that day, before the code has time to cycle.

I have to admit guys, I am in a pretty bad rut right now when it comes to WoW.

It's not that I don't have fun playing the game, I just don't have any fun interacting with half the people anymore. I love tanking, for instance, but I find myself avoiding my tanking spec because I just don't want to read fight strategies so that when I enter the raid I don't get a bunch of idiots crapping on my abilities. Tanking is one of those specs where 24 other people are staring at your performance constantly and I just can't handle the pressure right now, and I never have the time to sit in a DPS queue.

Timeless Isle was what I planned to do for the most part, but I find it rather boring because it takes a long time soloing those tauren guys on the hill as a tank, with half of them having one shot kill abilities (thus I can't just gather them all up and burn them down that way). I get stuck instead farming coins on smaller monsters that don't fill rep, so there is nothing I really end up wanting to spend my coins on (I just really want that serpent). I feel like it's going to be one of those places I liked come back to on a 100 like I did for a lot of BC content when I was in Cataclysm.

I just am not sure what to do. There are some goals I want to reach but they feel so far away I can't get the interest to start them.

I'd be happy to farm rep and coins with you horde side or we could queue together and tank some LFRs sometime.

I like tanking on my DK as well but the random people suck.

I like tanking on my DK as well but the random people suck.
It's just all the stars no longer align for me. Due to my son I have very little time to play, really the only time being after he goes to sleep and I spend time with my wife. That gives me 2, maybe 3 hours. If I log on and tank, I worry I will get people screaming at me and then just quit. If I log in for DPS, I spend an hour just in the queues, leaving me little time to get the place done. Add in RNG, and walking away for the night with nothing just saps all my willpower.

The only thing I find myself doing now is logging on to level my monk, mostly because the lower level dungeons are so simple I can just relax and tank through them easily as Brewmaster.

Maybe I just miss some of the simplicity this game used to have.

It's just all the stars no longer align for me. Due to my son I have very little time to play, really the only time being after he goes to sleep and I spend time with my wife. That gives me 2, maybe 3 hours. If I log on and tank, I worry I will get people screaming at me and then just quit. If I log in for DPS, I spend an hour just in the queues, leaving me little time to get the place done. Add in RNG, and walking away for the night with nothing just saps all my willpower.

The only thing I find myself doing now is logging on to level my monk, mostly because the lower level dungeons are so simple I can just relax and tank through them easily as Brewmaster.

Maybe I just miss some of the simplicity this game used to have.
I can get @HCGLNS to healer queue you! That's always super fast.

And don't let the randoms get to you. I find most dps in LFRs to be horrible and/or afk. If they get crappy with you, offer to let them tank!

Other then the "man feet" I think the new human female model is looking pretty good. You can really tell how hard they are trying to recapture the feel of the old models, just making them better.

That look of constant surprise is making me chuckle.

Definitely looks alright, the human models were going to be the easiest to fuck up (more than they already were, mostly in the male's case).

Don't remember if we talked about the new hot button topic in WoW right now.

Paid 90s.

Basically, due to the fact they are adding the level 90 boost for WoD, and the fact they know many people are going to abuse it by making and transferring accounts, they figured cut out the middle man and just sell the ability outright. They added a new store button to the character page for this purpose.

The way it's going to work right now from what we know is that if you just want to start from 1 to 90, you get the character outfitted in greens, no professions. If you use the money to boost an existing character who is over 60, you get the level boost plus two professions + first aid boosted to the MoP maximums, to make up for the lost value of boosting an already developed character.

Honestly? Not really going to affect me all that much. I see a good side and a bad side to the whole thing, but I don't think it's the horrible act a lot of players are making it out to be. I don't even think many people will even use the service, at least not as much as people assume (I am sure the cost is going to be stupid high, like most wow services).

As someone who already has every class to 90 this is actually nice if I ever decide to play on a different server (for whatever reason) and don't want to pay the transfer character fee (or different faction). Though that of course depends on how much they charge for the 1-90 characters....

With how garbage a lot of professions are to deal with in the TBC range I would almost consider doing it.
This right here. I don't care about leveling as much, that's easy with dungeon spam. Professions are fucking horrible to level in the BC range, and generally a little slow in WOtLK range. BC especially thanks to nobody wanting to go back to the zones, leading to a general drought of materials on the AH if you don't farm them up yourself.

Don't forget cross realm!

Farming ore in Hellfire was like one of the most stressful things I have ever done in game.

I plan on working on the green fire quest soon so that could change.

This does make me curious though. What if you are a character that is already 90 but want to take advantage of the profession boost? Like, say you ended up dropping engineering for something else like enchanting. You can't use the 90 boost to jump it up since you would already be 90+.

I have a feeling that will be next on the agenda of bonuses they will let people buy using the new store.

Some more updated news, we may be getting closer to WoD beta then people realize. A Blizzard developer on Twitter made a joking complaint about how many patch notes they were compiling Considering the most patch notes happen during the beta start, people feel this means beta is really close. The only other big news is that they announced the new raid format will be going live with 6.0. That means SoO will be utilizing the new Normal/Heroic/Mythic format for anyone that wants to run them before WoD officially comes out.

Garrisons will allow prof leveling done by your hirelings or whatever, won't they? I don't remember for sure but that would definitely make the early-mid prof grinding much less painful.

They have not said anything about it leveling your main professions. What they did say is that the Garrison will allow you to take on more professions then the two minimum by hiring minions with proficiency in other professions.

AKA I have a Blacksmith/Miner. I have to level those the old fashioned way. Out in the world I find an "Engineering" minion. I hire him and send him to my Garrison, build him a engineering lab or whatever, and he unlocks the ability for me to level him and gain basic engineering items and perks.

So, I've reinstalled WoW, and it's time to return.

First, who wants to give me a scroll of resurrection? And second, who has a nice, active guild for me to join?

Dave

Staff member
I do. What server will you be on? And I think they are getting rid of scrolls, but I'll try and send you one if you PM me your email address and stuff.

Still haven't created a char/acct/server/whatever it is that lets you play.
Ain't nobody in my house gonna have time (nor money) for that.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Squidley is horde. If you want alliance let me know and I'll get you in to my guild, which is pretty big and active.

Dave

Staff member
Wyrmrest Accord. You going on now?[DOUBLEPOST=1392260230,1392260173][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me know your character's name when he/she gets on.