[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Do I see them doing it? Not really.

Though Pandaren did kind of muck up how they were balancing paladin/shaman. During Cataclysm they only gave horde one extra race as paladin, and alliance one extra race as shaman, because they wanted the main faction they were originally unique to still have the class advantage. Pandaren technically add another shaman to the Alliance side, giving them a total of three, while the Horde still only have two races that can be Paladin. I wouldn't mind seeing the Undead gain the paladin class.

It seems like once you added Blood Paladins to the mix in the first place, it really should not be a problem lore-wise to have Undead Paladins. Weren't some of the undead members of the Argent Dawn paladins?

My horde shaman is a panda. So I guess each side has three now.

Here's a head scratcher. How are there undead but not gnome hunters? But every race can have warriors right?

No panda DKs either.

Someone in my horde guild was talking to me once about racial bonuses and how orcs and trolls were the best for hunters and all I could think was well yes, but blood elves make it look good!

It seems like once you added Blood Paladins to the mix in the first place, it really should not be a problem lore-wise to have Undead Paladins. Weren't some of the undead members of the Argent Dawn paladins?
At one point, I believe the lore stated that paladins were immune to the undeath plague, and that's why there were no undead paladins.

But the lore has been changed so many times I don't even know anymore.

At one point, I believe the lore stated that paladins were immune to the undeath plague, and that's why there were no undead paladins.

But the lore has been changed so many times I don't even know anymore.
They are immune to the plague, but not from being undead. One of the Horseman was an undead paladin. If they wanted to allow it they could say that Sylvanas and her Val'kyr began raising dead paladins, or something like that.

They are immune to the plague, but not from being undead. One of the Horseman was an undead paladin. If they wanted to allow it they could say that Sylvanas and her Val'kyr began raising dead paladins, or something like that.
They'd be closer to death knights then, not specifically the Forsaken, which is what we're talking about. Paladins were immune to the plague, and so there are no forsaken who were once Paladins.

I'm not saying Blizzard couldn't pull some bullshit lore out of their ass to change it, I'm just saying that's the current lore (maybe... it changes a lot, mostly due to bullshit ass pulling)

They'd be closer to death knights then, not specifically the Forsaken, which is what we're talking about. Paladins were immune to the plague, and so there are no forsaken who were once Paladins.

I'm not saying Blizzard couldn't pull some bullshit lore out of their ass to change it, I'm just saying that's the current lore (maybe... it changes a lot, mostly due to bullshit ass pulling)
Who said that the Forsaken have to be paladins in life? None of the player character paladins technically just start out as well known Paladin, we are all novices learning the ropes.

Really, the reason they don't make them paladins is because they still want to hang on the old lore that the Holy Light hurts them (even though they have priest...) and so they don't think an undead would really be utilizing the powers.

Frankly? I think they missed an awesome opportunity. We already had the noble stereotypical paladin (human, dwarf, and draenei), the strong-armed inquisitor (blood knights), and now... native american sun worshipers? Anyways... Undead could have been those guys that get off on the pain as a sort of holy cleansing. They are those guys that whip themselves for their sins every night. That would have been a cool group to see.

Right, but Sylvanas is raising more dead humans using her val'kyr. I'm not sure if the way those are turned are any different from the plague undead. If they are, they could say paladins are able to be turned this way.

Tauren feel annoyingly slow to me. I know they run at the same speed as all the other races, but it just feels like they lumber along.

Tauren feel annoyingly slow to me. I know they run at the same speed as all the other races, but it just feels like they lumber along.
Gotta love perspective. Why it's hilarious how my gnome feels like a rocket on legs that can jump like a basketball player.

Frankly, the only reason I don't really play Tauren is being unable to see the head on the males. It bothers me like nothing else just looking at a big hump of a back.

Greg Street, AKA Ghostcrawler, has officially announced that he is leaving Blizzard Entertainment. Took me a bit by surprise. He said on his facebook page that he has a "great opportunity for something new and exciting", but you never know if that means he just got a really cool new job or he is trying to play damage control for something deeper.

Either way, I have to admit, I think this is a good thing. Say what you will about Greg, he did some great work, but he also is one of the main proponents for everything I have felt has been doing sideways with the game since Wrath ended. I hope now that he is moving on the next systems head will be more likely to bring back good systems that were abandoned.

Greg Street, AKA Ghostcrawler, has officially announced that he is leaving Blizzard Entertainment. Took me a bit by surprise. He said on his facebook page that he has a "great opportunity for something new and exciting", but you never know if that means he just got a really cool new job or he is trying to play damage control for something deeper.

Either way, I have to admit, I think this is a good thing. Say what you will about Greg, he did some great work, but he also is one of the main proponents for everything I have felt has been doing sideways with the game since Wrath ended. I hope now that he is moving on the next systems head will be more likely to bring back good systems that were abandoned.
He managed to make every spec viable for dps, within 5% of each other, and made most of the samey classes feel somewhat unique with the different resources.

What good systems were abandoned? The valor/justice for tier gear system? The each healer has a pigeonholed role system?

He managed to make every spec viable for dps, within 5% of each other, and made most of the samey classes feel somewhat unique with the different resources. What good systems were abandoned? The valor/justice for tier gear system? The each healer has a pigeonholed role system?
I never said he did everything wrong, if the guy knew one thing it was how to handle balancing systems when it came to DPS (though don't tell that to most paladin players). That was something we knew he would do well coming from a background developing Age of Empires.

He didn't develop most of the new resource systems, that was done by other team members. The guy that did the whole warlock revamp was actually let go not long before it was finally initiated. He even did an AMA about it.

The issue with GC is that he comes from a mindset that has long left the game. He is all about "difficulty" in content, something he attempted to push for Cataclysm and failed miserably. Because he couldn't make things harder in MoP for fear of yet another backlash, he instead just dragged out the content more and more (Golden Lotus anyone? Focus on LFR with no new quick dungeons? No currency downgrade till the final patch?) and did his best to remove or abandon alt bonuses, something that he was trying to do in Cataclysm too (remember when heirlooms took you to max level in Wrath?). He removed the ability to get tier, even older ones, through point systems, which people like me saw as a HUGE plus back in Wrath. We don't need the current ones, but there is no reason to lock the old sets when they become irreverent.

I trust his judgement when he wants to do actual system changes, like the item squish or the removal of reforging, but I don't trust him when it comes to how the content should play about, because what he wants in the game and what I grew to love in the game are very different. Many of my biggest issues on why I don't play this game as much as I used to usually boiled down to things he always was pushing.

So they announced the main cast for the WarCraft movie. Ben Foster, Tody Kebbell, Rob Kazinsky, Paula Patton, and Travis Fimmel. There are also talks for Dominic Cooper, and obviously more will likely be added from there.

Also, funny enough, but Rob Kazinsky (Also known as that douchebag Australian from Pacific Rim) is probably a bigger WoW player then any of us. He has 436 days /played, with five level 90s and the rest at 85. He tweeted that acting in this movie is his ultimate job.

Everything but lock and Priest at 90, including Monk. Account's been around since the Dire Maul patch, but I don't know specific days /played in total.

Virtual Realms basically act as one realm, so you can mail gold, join guilds, etc... Just make sure you follow up the name of the character with the server if they are on a different technical server then you.

People have figured out that this actually allows people on those servers to have more then the 11 character per server limit, since they can just log onto the connected realm and have another 11 slots. For the few that now have three realms connected, that means 33 character slots.