[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

This is one of the many reasons I can never fully leave WoW, I love the universe too much.
Same for me. I know it's nothing super original, but it's fun.

On a completely different note, I'm thinking I'll finally get my Netherwing mount tonight. I started the dailies for them back in BC, but never got around to finishing off the rep until now.

Blizzard just trademarked a name for a video game. Sounds like it's most likely either for a D3 xpac, or a WoW xpac. I'll put it in spoilers in case people want to wait.
The trademark is for "The Dark Below". Pretty generic, and could fit either game. I don't play Diablo, so I have no idea what fits with it.

If it's for WoW it sounds like it may be a water themed xpac, with Azshara. There are lots of hints about the dark in the oceans. There is Ozumat (Fiend of the Dark Below). And there is the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron that reads "The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark." We might get to finally fight Azshara and even visit the tomb of Sargeras, which would lead well into a legion themed xpac after that.

It doesn't sound real "WoW-like" to me, but who knows. It could be something completely unrelated.

I would find a Old Gods themed xpac to be very much what the game has been leading up to thus far, so it could well be the next WoW xpac, though just as likely a Diablo 3 DLC.

Either way, I'm super excited for Blizzcon.

Just a heads up, but the Battle.net Client goes into open beta today. For those that don't know, it's an all-in-one launcher that feels a lot like Steam, giving news on each game franchise, auto-updating games, and in the near future will allow chat outside of the games with all Battle.net Friends.

Even if the lineup is obviously not robust (being only Blizzard's three main franchises), it sure beats having to deal with the three different launchers if you have the three games installed.

Edit: While logged into the client I decided to boot up WoW for once this week. Was happy to notice that it bypassed the whole login process and just got me right to the character select screen. That sure saves a lot of time.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
It's pretty damned good, I'll give them that![DOUBLEPOST=1376588546,1376588509][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just a heads up, but the Battle.net Client goes into open beta today. For those that don't know, it's an all-in-one launcher that feels a lot like Steam, giving news on each game franchise, auto-updating games, and in the near future will allow chat outside of the games with all Battle.net Friends.

Even if the lineup is obviously not robust (being only Blizzard's three main franchises), it sure beats having to deal with the three different launchers if you have the three games installed.

Edit: While logged into the client I decided to boot up WoW for once this week. Was happy to notice that it bypassed the whole login process and just got me right to the character select screen. That sure saves a lot of time.
How do you get the beta client, by the way?[DOUBLEPOST=1376588590][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind. I got it.

As a complete aside, why is Blizzard so obsessed with corruption? It seems to be a frequent, central theme of theirs.

--Patrick

As a complete aside, why is Blizzard so obsessed with corruption? It seems to be a frequent, central theme of theirs.

--Patrick
It's a pretty easy plot point to expand on, I guess. One thing I do like, though, is Hellscream's not corrupted. He's not brainwashed. He's got his twisted vision of how he wants to run his world and his Horde, and he'll do and say whatever he has to, and kill anyone he has to, in order to bring his vision fully to life.

It's a pretty easy plot point to expand on, I guess.
Oh, I don't necessarily mean that the characters get corrupted. I was referring to the dumping of the heart in the lake. Or the Zerg Creep/infestation mechanic. Or the Blight created by Undead buildings (see Zerg Creep), Or the corrupted growths in D3. It's practically a trope in the Blizzard universe, that someone will do a thing, and as a result of that thing, the once beautiful area/land/tree/hero will become a twisted mockery of itself that needs cleansing.

--Patrick

Sounds like 5.4 won't be coming out until Sept 10th now. We've got a few more weeks to wait now. I'm still trying to get caught up on my legendary quest line, so I'm not too horribly broken up about it.

Sounds like 5.4 won't be coming out until Sept 10th now. We've got a few more weeks to wait now. I'm still trying to get caught up on my legendary quest line, so I'm not too horribly broken up about it.
I'm actually pretty happy with this news to be honest. Needed the extra time.

I need extra time as well. Those $%#&! Secrets of the Empire are hard to come by. I've been collecting them for over a month and still need 5 more.

I also would like my alliance hunter to hit 90 and do the Horde-Breaker quests before the patch.[DOUBLEPOST=1377100625,1377100129][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was on yesterday and we were about 10 minutes from having 3 on at the same time!

@Squidleybits was even playing her Alliance toon!
I love hunters! I really do need two!

Once I get ahead in a current patch, which I'll hopefully do in 5.4, I'll try to get on alliance again.

I'm getting really antsy to get MoP done with. I like what they've done over all, but the I don't like the Alliance vs Horde story line. I worked through the Pandaren starting area last night, and it bothered me knowing how it's progressed since then. The way the Pandaren are accepted into the factions, and being told all their old friendships and family have to be forgotten. What we do in the Jade Forest, and in the Vale. If I could choose to be a part of no faction at all, I probably would. I hate being a part of it.

Dave

Staff member
Aw! I was hoping I'd be there to see it! But I can't work from home every day. The boss would kill me.

I'm willing to help. I'll log in now and see if you're on.

Also, Halforums has crashed my pc twice. Had to use iPad.
Wouldn't you know. Right when I post that I finally find some people that needed it. I'm surprised that was the quest that took the longest to do in that chunk. I have never won a mines BG before, and the temple annoys the hell out of me. Won both in one try though. Now back to collecting random drops! :mad: