[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

So finally getting back into the game. Not really doing Timeless Isle right now, mostly because I feel I spent too long away and now doing rares or killing things will feel like pulling teeth solo. If anyone wants to farm some just let me know, but I am not in the mood to do it alone.

For now I am just going to do something I wanted to do since the expansion came out, but was holding off, leveling a monk. My wife and I were going to level together but she temporarily stopped playing, which she admits now she is pretty much officially done until our son gets older. With all my heirlooms and the Enlightenment buff from the peak of serenity I can get a few levels in an hour, so it's going smoothly so far.

Dave

Staff member
I'll be on tonight, Scythe. I'll do something with you. I'm iLVL 527 BM Hunter. I are doing damidge.

I'm starting to lose interest in the game. There isn't much to do on the timeless isle unless you enjoy grinding mobs.

The new LFR wings are a damn mess right now. You spend at least an hour to get into one, and they almost always fail horribly. I don't know how many times I've gone into the final wing only to wipe about 5 times on the starting trash. Tanks refuse to pull them up the stairs, and the heals refuse to go down them. Which means no heals and we wipe repeatedly. I have finished it, but only because I got into a group at Garrosh with 7 stacks of determination. I usually spend 3 or 4 hours in the group and only down one or two of the bosses. I can't spend and entire evening just to do one wing of a raid.

I may try on alliance to see if it's any better. I see there's another round of nerfs coming to LFR, so maybe that will help too.

The main thing I did on the timeless isle was hit up all the chests for free epics. I've got tons of extra plate and mail waiting for me to level alts that can use them.

The new LFRs are honestly worse than normal mode. Yes, the fights are harder or have slightly different mechanics in normal but the lack of organization in LFR is super rough. And god forbid someone makes a suggestion to the tanks on a way to improve.

I'm up for a forum timeless isle rep/gear/coin group sometime. That would be great!

Also, horde side, @HCGLNS and I plan to run some LFRs later if anyone wants to join. It might suck but we can have a laugh about it at least. And his healer queues are delightful.

For now I am just going to do something I wanted to do since the expansion came out, but was holding off, leveling a monk.
What kind of Monk? I am Mistweaver as my primary (#1 ranked horde Mistweaver on my server, 2345th ranked overall) and working on Windwalker as my offspec. Man I suck at dps.

I'm starting to lose interest in the game. There isn't much to do on the timeless isle unless you enjoy grinding mobs.
I started on the Epoch Stones quest but realized the amount of grinding needed wasn't worth the outcome. So yeah, I'm pretty much done with Timeless Isle after getting a few Burdens.

The new LFR wings are a damn mess right now. You spend at least an hour to get into one, and they almost always fail horribly. I don't know how many times I've gone into the final wing only to wipe about 5 times on the starting trash. Tanks refuse to pull them up the stairs, and the heals refuse to go down them. Which means no heals and we wipe repeatedly. I have finished it, but only because I got into a group at Garrosh with 7 stacks of determination. I usually spend 3 or 4 hours in the group and only down one or two of the bosses. I can't spend and entire evening just to do one wing of a raid.
I did the new LFR in total 6 times on 4 different characters and every single one was pulling teeth. Funny enough, Garrosh was one of the easier fights. However, I am also done bothering to grind this as well.

I may try on alliance to see if it's any better. I see there's another round of nerfs coming to LFR, so maybe that will help too.
It's not any better on either side, I play my Horde characters on Horde heavy servers and Alliance on Alliance heavy and it's equally bad. Nerfs will come to LFR, it's a matter of time.

I am pretty much done with WoW unless another content patch hits or the new xpac does. I am however very excited for Blizzcon info.

The best grinding in the Timeless Isle is when you get a group of decent players together and farm the guys in the Ordos temple. Solo grinding or in small groups outside the temple does not offer much reward.

Other thank noodle carts I suppose.

It's not any better on either side, I play my Horde characters on Horde heavy servers and Alliance on Alliance heavy and it's equally bad. Nerfs will come to LFR, it's a matter of time.
I figured that. I would like to see the whole raid on alliance too though.

My priest lucked in to a Wing 3 group that didn't suck! All three bosses downed first try! The queue for part 4 was an hour so that didn't happen.

I hoped on with my druid healer last night. Queues for healers are much better, only a 10 minute wait. Too bad healing is so boring...

Got online a bit last night again, only made two levels though before the craziness of the day caught up and I started to fall asleep.

So BlizzCon in a bit under five hours. Almost time to hear what the new expansion will be. Lots of rumor all over the place that the recently trademarked "Warlords of Draenor" may be a misdirection to get people off the scent of "The Dark Below", which was trademarked a lot earlier. Others think WoD is the real name and that it will involve a Outland revamp and few think it will actually be a time travel based expansion where we will go to Draenor before it became destroyed. Going to be interesting to see.

Personally, I am hoping they will show off the revamped race models. I am pretty sure they are not going to add any new races next expansion, and will instead focus on the revamped race models and a new class.

I have my Virtual Ticket, I have the next two days off, already told the wife and kids expect me to be invisible/deaf to the world, I got plenty of food/snacks. I'm basically a sports guy ready to watch a 2 day long Super Bowl.

It's Official

The new expansion is Warlords of Draenor.

New World: Draenor, we are basically going back in time to before it's destruction, when the Draenei and Orcs were first beating eachother up.
New Character Models: They only showed off orc and dwarf, but so far the new models look great.
Level Cap 100: They raised it ten levels this time around, just like the old days.

One thing of note, is supposedly they are adding a level boost feature. Not much in details, but the little screencap said you can boost to 90 and play immediately. Not sure how I feel about that

Press Release just talked about it. Basically as part of buying the new game you can boost one character, new or old, immediately to 90. It's designed as a system to help players who have not played in while, or new players who just want to log on and start playing with friends, a quick way to get going. Every character after that you have to level the old fashioned way.

Last edited:
Still hate it.
Flip side, I'm in love with all this news. Literally nothing I dislike at the moment other than the opening intro wasn't CG.

I'm glad there's no new race, I'm glad there's no new class as the game is fine where it is at the moment and we just got done getting both in the last xpac.

New content with homage to the past Warcraft lore, while introducing new elements and not screwing with time etc.

Dave

Staff member
Flip side, I'm in love with all this news. Literally nothing I dislike at the moment other than the opening intro wasn't CG.

I'm glad there's no new race, I'm glad there's no new class as the game is fine where it is at the moment and we just got done getting both in the last xpac.

New content with homage to the past Warcraft lore, while introducing new elements and not screwing with time etc.
I don't like the "Go directly to 90, do not pass Go, do not collect $200". I know it's only 1 toon, but come on!

One thing I didn't mention because I didn't know what it meant, but Draenor adds a form of housing. The Garrison.

You build a base much like the type you would see in the RTS games. You collect followers, send them on missions for resources, and can customize both the zone you want to make it and the way the buildings are organized. It's supposed to be the farm x1000. It gives you epic gear, buffs and bonuses, and even limited access to professions you don't have.

You can gain momuments and trophies that you can load into the garrison to show off your accomplishments, and invite friends to visit your Garrison.

I don't like the "Go directly to 90, do not pass Go, do not collect $200". I know it's only 1 toon, but come on!
Yep, I don't see the issue with this in any way.

New player? Instant 90 to play with friends. Will he know what he's doing? Nope and will either learn or just level a new class. No impact.
Old returning player? Stuck at 80-85 and all your friends are in Draenor? Boom you're there with them without having to experience content you have no interest in.
Current player? Most likely have an alt you'd really not have to level another 5-10 levels, boom instant 90 and into Draenor to experience the game on perhaps a new class or different faction.

Zero impact on the game in a negative way.

That falls under the category of "I'll believe it when I see it."

(Still bitter about the dance studio ;) )

Whole new raids scheme.

10/25 mode has been disbanded in favor of 10-25 flex scaling.

LFR, Normal, and Heroic, are ALL FLEX SCALED. All of them can have between 10-25 and the bosses will scale depending on how many players. So now if you join a random LFR, and ten people drop, you can still just pull the boss and fight him.

For the cutting edge, a new level, Mythic, has been added. Mythic does not scale, requires 20 players, and will be really highly tuned.

Goddamnit I didn't want to like this xpac announcement, but they're adding a lot of stuff I really, really like.[DOUBLEPOST=1383948062,1383947914][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, have they said how Draenor is magically alive and lush again, as opposed to its current state?

Same here, I have to say I'm impressed so far, hopefully we can see some gameplay from that first dungeon that's playable. Sounds like beta won't be far off at this rate.

As someone who's only had a break for 3 months time since the first month of release, I can say there will still continue to be no interruption of my subscription with this xpac. WoW does continue to evolve in a positive way. Catering to the casual, the medium and the hardcore in every way.

Loving the new raid tier announcements, loving the inventory and collection info, loving the Garrison/Housing, loving the old but new continent. I'm gushing, as a fanboy should, but in alot of levels.

I'll probably re-up my account, I just have to decide when. Might wait a couple weeks and see what other info drops, but this news plus my old guildies asking me to come back is making it hard to not drop the 15 a month again.