[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

It's not forced PVP. You can either kill players (if they're flagged or you're in a PVP server) or PVE targets that count toward the goal.

For the record, I was on to get Squid's alts in the guild.

BananaHands It would probably be best if we shifted GM powers over to Squidley. She is by far the most active member of the guild. Also, isn't there a way to assign officers that can make changes to guild permissions? If so, Pioty and myself would probably be a good thing as officers.

My playtime was higher recently as I was on extended medical leave. I'm back at work now and won't have as much time. I would prefer not to be a GM, but would like to be able to do invites etc as an officer or something like that.

Thank you for my invites last night! Last alts I swear!

Blizzard is really getting some action when it comes to the new Scenarios. 5.1 looks to be adding a good chunk of new ones, all of them pushing the story forward.

We have one that takes place at the Black Temple, and is tied heavily to the new hidden Warlock council. You are attempting to get a special Naaru artifact from them, which even the Shado-Pan seem interested in. Rumors of a book that makes warlock fire turn green are coming up again.

We have some hinted ones taking place in Krasarang, one of which involves Garrosh killing Anduin Wrynn. We have one hinted to involve Vol'jin, and even Tyrande. Varian himself is even taking part in the Krasarang offensive.

The most interesting ones though all take place in Dalaran. It seems Dalaran had come into possession of a Mogu Bell that can be used to "control" the Sha. Garrosh uses agents in the Sunreavers to take the Bell and attack an Alliance city, which Jaina helps hold back. Jaina does ape shit due to the death of Anduin and the stealing of the Bell, rounding up all the Sunreavers and locking them in the Violet Hold. Those that resist are killed. Jaina pledges full support of the Kirin Tor to the Alliance.

Lor'Themar learns of this, and himself goes ape shit that his people in the north were all locked up without even a trial. Lor'Themar himself leads an attack on Dalaran, ultimately freeing former Council of Six member Aethas Sunreaver and escaping back to Silvermoon. Once it's all over he says that Garrosh is using his people as fodder for his own ends and that he may have to look into "Old Alliances" if something is not done.

FUCK THAT.
I'm so ridiculously against that I can't even begin to explain.

Be aware... Just because the voice files say that Garrosh kills Anduin, does not mean Anduin is actually dead. We already know that one of the upcoming sections of the Wrathion Legendary questline is called "Two Princes", and that one of the novels had Velen forsee Anduin as the leader of the forces of Light during the final fight versus the Burning Legion.

The way I see it, Garrosh WILL strike down Anduin, and he will "die", but he will be brought back from the dead/rescued before death either by the Light, or maybe even by Wrathion, who will use Anduin as a future bargaining chip to restore peace. Even if not by those two, remember that this is all happening is Krasarang, the location of the Pools of Youth, which have been used before to bring someone back from the dead (at a steep price).

There are many ways they can go with it, but I don't see Anduin staying dead. His "death" is simply to push the Alliance into a high octane craze so that the war can be less about Garrosh being the aggressor and give both sides some pushes, like Jaina going ape shit and putting the Kirin Tor behind the Alliance.

That wouldn't be too bad.

I'm still rooting for Vol'jin to take over leadership of the Horde when Garrosh finally gets defeated. I know it probably won't happen, but I've always really liked his character.

I'm still rooting for Vol'jin to take over leadership of the Horde when Garrosh finally gets defeated. I know it probably won't happen, but I've always really liked his character.
I wouldn't say that...

Vol'jin has been really pushed for awhile now. He got good development during the retaking of the Echo Isles, a strong personal story on the website, he was a focus for the 4.1 troll patch, he has appeared constantly in the new novels as a large counter to Garrosh (As has Baine, but on less of a scale), and he is even confirmed to be getting his own novel. Right now, we have no orc character that can really take the role outside of Thrall gaining it back, and considering Blizzard outright stated that Thrall is not returning to the mantle of leadership, that does not seem very likely.

Vol'jin, frankly, is the best option to take the position. His only counter to such an event is the fact that, historically, the Warchief has always been an orc, but that does not mean it always has to be. In WC2, two clans had ogres as chieftens (Cho'gall and Mogor), so it's not like having another race take leadership is entirely alien to orcs, just not very common.

I have my hopes up because:

Vol'jins scenario is supposedly taking place in the Veiled Stair. Garrosh apparently sends him there on a BS mission so he can have him assassinated. I'm hoping Vol'jin meets up with Wrathion who decides to help him defeat Garrosh. Possibly Vol'Jin comes in on the final raid of the xpac with a weapon Wrathion has given him and kills Garrosh

I wouldn't say that...

Vol'jin has been really pushed for awhile now. He got good development during the retaking of the Echo Isles, a strong personal story on the website, he was a focus for the 4.1 troll patch, he has appeared constantly in the new novels as a large counter to Garrosh (As has Baine, but on less of a scale), and he is even confirmed to be getting his own novel. Right now, we have no orc character that can really take the role outside of Thrall gaining it back, and considering Blizzard outright stated that Thrall is not returning to the mantle of leadership, that does not seem very likely.

Vol'jin, frankly, is the best option to take the position. His only counter to such an event is the fact that, historically, the Warchief has always been an orc, but that does not mean it always has to be. In WC2, two clans had ogres as chieftens (Cho'gall and Mogor), so it's not like having another race take leadership is entirely alien to orcs, just not very common.
There are no Orcs worthy to take the mantle of Warchief. Saurfang and Etrigg wouldn't even take it if offered.

Rexxar! I know he'd never want to come back, but damn he'd be a good one. Might even be a way to bring in a few Ogres to the Horde.

Actually, there is one other scenario I didn't really mention, because the files for it are still very basic.

Sound files involving Garrosh show that Vol'jin appears on Pandaria. Garrosh insults the troll leader, calling him and his people some colorful things. Saying he didn't call Vol'jin to the offensive for those reasons. Garrosh then says he has a mission for Vol'jin to carry out in Pandaria, and orders him to do it. Further datamining shows that Vol'jin was sent to the Veiled Stair, taking part in a Scenario.

The most telling part of what was found? The Final Round of the scenario says "Survive the attacks of the Kor'Kron!" Anyone that knows the Kor'Kron, they are the bodyguards of the Warchief and carry out any of his commands without question. The implication seems to be that Garrosh sent off Vol'jin to a secluded location on a fools errand, so that he could have the troll leader assassinated. We as the players help prevent this from happening. The only reason I didn't mention it before is due to how little of that one is in the build, we don't know if all the parts fit properly yet. Vol'jin does not even have his voice files in the system yet, which will be more telling of the situation.

So freaking excited, I just completed the second greatest achievement I've ever tried for:

Is Another Man's Treasure:
Collect 20 Rare Treasures from around Pandaria.
Reward: Title - the Relic Hunter

This was an epic journey with 2-4hrs a day worth of work for over a week. It only went that well because of all the server resets, otherwise it would have taken months due to the sheer rarity of the spawn and the limited number of rare items there actually are.

Man, Stormstout Brewery is a pain in the ASS to heal on my shaman. It's easy with my Druid because most her heals are HOTs.

Seems we're going to be waiting a long time to see this storyline set-up/conclusion:
I don't think anyone expected the story to conclude before sometime late next year. Most expansions last for nearly a year before they reach the "final patch" and then linger on a bit more before the expansion. Cataclysm released in December 2010 and 4.3 hit in November 2011.

At earliest I can see the story concluding in August.

Happy Day! I can mail heirlooms to my new undead priest!! I can't mail bags but the heirlooms are a go!

This is really my last alt now.

I'd transfer my priest over, but he's in a level 25 guild that has a large chunk of the reward achievements done. Once I can afford it, I can get the scorpion mount. Of course, now that mounts are tied to accounts, I can actually use that mount on any horde alts I would start on our server.

It's funny how I know so much about the game, but sometimes the little things sneak past me.

So I had 985908474875847 (give or take) ghost iron ore in my guild bank, so decided it was about time to suck it up and level my worgen warrior's blacksmithing up to MoP levels (had him lingering in BC levels, just didn't care enough to go after the Fel Iron) After finishing that process I started using up the ghost iron and found that the Ghost-Forged items have a random chance to proc a blue 415 version of the item rather then the green. I had no idea it did this. Needless to say a good chuck of iron later and my warrior is going to have a pretty easy time charging through Jade Forest.

Also, got my Cloud Serpent yesterday, made flying around getting the old materials a lot of fun, since random lowbies were whispering me about how awesome it looked.

For those interested in more 5.1 info, Vol'jin is confirmed to be getting his own model. One more notch towards him taking over a certain role from a certain big doofus.

It's funny how I know so much about the game, but sometimes the little things sneak past me.

So I had 985908474875847 (give or take) ghost iron ore in my guild bank, so decided it was about time to suck it up and level my worgen warrior's blacksmithing up to MoP levels (had him lingering in BC levels, just didn't care enough to go after the Fel Iron) After finishing that process I started using up the ghost iron and found that the Ghost-Forged items have a random chance to proc a blue 415 version of the item rather then the green. I had no idea it did this. Needless to say a good chuck of iron later and my warrior is going to have a pretty easy time charging through Jade Forest.

Also, got my Cloud Serpent yesterday, made flying around getting the old materials a lot of fun, since random lowbies were whispering me about how awesome it looked.

For those interested in more 5.1 info, Vol'jin is confirmed to be getting his own model. One more notch towards him taking over a certain role from a certain big doofus.
I totally told you about the 415 thing a few pages back, and you even replied about it lol.

I totally told you about the 415 thing a few pages back, and you even replied about it lol.
My brain sucks! Don't expect me to remember something that happens ten minutes ago let alone a few pages ago. I was to engrossed in all the other things I was doing in the game. ;)

Vol'jin taking over the Alliance? What a twist!
What's sad is Varian is now one of the moderate leaders. Instead they decided to make another popular Alliance character turn into the other sides Garrosh, much to my disappointment.

What's sad is Varian is now one of the moderate leaders. Instead they decided to make another popular Alliance character turn into the other sides Garrosh, much to my disappointment.
Who is the Alliance -Garrosh- ? Everyone seems to be pretty level headed on the Alliance side these days.

Who is the Alliance -Garrosh- ? Everyone seems to be pretty level headed on the Alliance side these days.
I kind of pointed it out in my spoiler post, but I guess I can go into a bit more detail.

During the events of 5.1, Jaina learns about Anduin's death and that an attack was carried out using Sunreaver portals. She goes crazy over the fact "her" city was used in such a way and goes back to Dalaran to confront them. Aethas Sunreaver, who in Jaina's novel supported her becoming the new leader to replace Rhonin, attempts to defend himself but she cuts him off and tells him that he "Should have run when you had the chance".

She proceeds to capture and imprison every single Sunreaver in the city, regardless of guilt, and says she is "not responsible" for what happens to those that resist or flee. The Silver Covenant even joins in the bloodbath, taking out their own aggression on the Sunreavers. In other words, a systematic purge to everyone in the Sunreaver faction. Realize we have no idea how many of them actually were involved with helping Garrosh (the one at Theramore was denounced by Aethas), so for what could be only a dozen mages, the entire faction is being hunted down.

Why? Because they want Jaina to be seen as a brash and reckless, to be taking things to extremes rather then thinking over her actions. (Well, unless Kalec dong is involved I guess.) Varian himself is seen to be taken aback by her ruthlessness in 5.1, with her basically telling him "Not to go soft on me".

I kind of pointed it out in my spoiler post, but I guess I can go into a bit more detail.

During the events of 5.1, Jaina learns about Anduin's death and that an attack was carried out using Sunreaver portals. She goes crazy over the fact "her" city was used in such a way and goes back to Dalaran to confront them. Aethas Sunreaver, who in Jaina's novel supported her becoming the new leader to replace Rhonin, attempts to defend himself but she cuts him off and tells him that he "Should have run when you had the chance".

She proceeds to capture and imprison every single Sunreaver in the city, regardless of guilt, and says she is "not responsible" for what happens to those that resist or flee. The Silver Covenant even joins in the bloodbath, taking out their own aggression on the Sunreavers. In other words, a systematic purge to everyone in the Sunreaver faction. Realize we have no idea how many of them actually were involved with helping Garrosh (the one at Theramore was denounced by Aethas), so for what could be only a dozen mages, the entire faction is being hunted down.

Why? Because they want Jaina to be seen as a brash and reckless, to be taking things to extremes rather then thinking over her actions. (Well, unless Kalec dong is involved I guess.) Varian himself is seen to be taken aback by her ruthlessness in 5.1, with her basically telling him "Not to go soft on me".

Wut?

1: It is her city, she's now the leader of the Kirin Tor.
2: A Sunreaver was catalyst in Theramore's destruction, it is a valid suspicion.
3: The Silver Covenant is lead by Veressa, who's husband Ronin and previous leader of the Kirin Tor was also killed by the Sunreaver's betrayl.
4: She's much less reserved but definitely not Garrosh crazy or Varian genocidal.
On those points I disagree with you on your comparison.

Dreadful.