[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

I can say that I am happy that Atonement is my primary source of healing right now, instead of just being used for lols or for certain gimmicky raid bosses. Some people might not like that playstyle, but too bad they can go Holy. :p

Frank, before you go, might I suggest you give Dark Iron a try? Yes, it's a PVP server, but as far as I've seen in the last week leveling two Pandarens, the CRZ hasn't been a big issue here. I guess not all the realm is CRZ yet, because I'm still seeing a whole lot of empty in my travels. Desolace is, well, desolate.

If you're Horde, Panda Attack is one of the best guilds around. I can put in a good word for ya. :)

I just heard about this too. Crazy stuff.

Also FWOOOOSH... Not sure but I just love this disk. It's all I ever ride now even over the more rare mounts I got.

I honestly don't understand why people are going ga ga over that disk...
Because after having over a hundred different forms of animals, it's nice when we get a mount that thinks outside the box. It's one of the reasons I love riding around on the flying carpet on my tailors, because it feels so unique. This is like giving me the carpet on all my characters and does not have that wavy up-and-down feel to it, so it's just a smooth satisfying feeling of cutting through the air.

To each their own I guess. Personally, I wouldn't grind for it, but I can see if people find it cool why they would.

If by grind you mean fly around for 20 minutes, then sure. I really don't plan to use it, but I got it because lol20minutes.

To each their own I guess. Personally, I wouldn't grind for it, but I can see if people find it cool why they would.
Like Dei said, it's not much of a grind. Actually it's a great way to get some lore information about Pandaria while getting a cool bonus at the end. Takes no time at all once you can fly.

Like Dei said, it's not much of a grind. Actually it's a great way to get some lore information about Pandaria while getting a cool bonus at the end. Takes no time at all once you can fly.
Sadly too, I didn't do it on my archaeologist, which means I need to go do it again so i can buy the thingies that will teleport me to digsites. /lazy

Sadly too, I didn't do it on my archaeologist, which means I need to go do it again so i can buy the thingies that will teleport me to digsites. /lazy
Archaeology is so much easier to level then it used to be, I actually decided to cap it just this weekend on my Draenei. Will still put you back most of a day, but at 5-9 fragments per survey and 6 surveys per digsite, it goes a lot smoother then the old 3-4 fragments per survey and 3 surveys per digsite.

It's nice too, because Pandaren Archaeology is actually really interesting. Items you make come in either a normal variation or a pristine variation. The normal one you crate up, and can be used to purchase the teleport rune, reshuffle rune, or other arch racial fragments (yup, you can get Tol'vir items through nothing but Pandaren Archaeology). If you get a pristine version you can take it to the Lorewalkers and actually put it up in the museum, removing some of the clutter and adding little items with lore info. It's really fun actually trying to fill out the museum all the while getting my Tol'vir fragments.

P.S. One last thing, but if you are high enough in any of the Secondary Skills, the Order of the Cloud Serpents reputation gets more dailies based on the aforementioned skill, including Archaeology. Gives me another reason to do it each day looking for digsites.

I leveled archaeology by logging on my husband's account and used his vial of the sands to fly my sad sub 90 self around. My lvl troll 85 druid is now running around with shitty feral gear and an ilvl 463 spear wooo.

Also, my arch is a dwarf, so I get 6-10 frags per digsite wooooooo.

I also do all the dailies 2x a day as it is, I'm not going to cry about one less 180rep daily a day because I don't feel like leveling arch on everyone.

I can't stomach doing all the dailies, I mostly skip the Golden Lotus ones every other day. Going to wait till they give more information on that hinted Golden Lotus change, and the new reputation bonus system, before I start worrying about it at all on alts.

Golden Lotus is the one I refuse to skip, because right now I can't spend my valor points. :p I have been slacking on Klaxxi instead.

I'm still trying to figure out Blizzards logic behind completely removing head enchants, making shoulder enchants a profession crafted item, and then proceeding to make us grind a bunch of different factions to get our JP/VP gear. Sure they say it's because you don't *have* to get gear from JP/VP, but it seems like really odd logic to me.

I'm still trying to figure out Blizzards logic behind completely removing head enchants, making shoulder enchants a profession crafted item, and then proceeding to make us grind a bunch of different factions to get our JP/VP gear. Sure they say it's because you don't *have* to get gear from JP/VP, but it seems like really odd logic to me.
I think the logic was that heads already had a unique "enchant", meta gems, and by adding meta gems, regular gems, and an enchant, it was just getting a little silly.

Obviously they didn't want to just say they were doing it for a little of a reason as removing boosting bloat, so someone in the CM team just picked the worst thing possible to use as the excuse.

Since I've been away for so long, a new UI is on order to streamline and speed up my play. I'm looking at Spartan UI again, but what else is there for a rogue, DK, or monk?

Since I've been away for so long, a new UI is on order to streamline and speed up my play. I'm looking at Spartan UI again, but what else is there for a rogue, DK, or monk?
Personally I just use Dominos in a custom configuration with a few extra mods to make life a little easier, like Outfitter, TinyPlates, DBM, Auctionator, etc... If you want to move the unit frames those can be moved using the base UI now.

Personally I don't see much of a point to using Outfitter anymore, and I stopped caring about auction mods since the mobile app became free.

Personally I don't see much of a point to using Outfitter anymore, and I stopped caring about auction mods since the mobile app became free.
I use it mostly because it works with WeightWatchers, which allows me to basically take all the gear I have, say "make me a good retribution set out of this junk" and it uses the updated stat weights to form the set out of all the stuff in my bank and bags. Works like a charm when I have three different gear types I need.

How does heal bot work?
Brings up a raidframe containing coloured bars for your party representing health and status. You assign button presses (left, middle, right) as well as modifiers (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) to spells and then click on the bars to heal/purify, etc.

For example, my disc priest is set to:

Left Click: Renew
Middle Click: Power Word: Shield
Right Click: Penance
Shift Left Click: Prayer of Mending
Shift Middle Click: Heal
Shift Right Click: Greater Heal
Ctrl Left Click: Purify
Ctrl Right Click: Cleanse

And then my toolbar at the bottom is random attack powers so I can target the boss/mobs/adds and just spam 1 while I can click on my Healbot to keep heals up on everyone at a glance.

Made me the master healer in the Loatheb fight in Naxx :)

The first World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria patch of the year is in development and now available for testing on the Public Test Realms. This patch will include several updates to the ongoing conflict between the Horde and Alliance, the new Brawler’s Guild, Pet Battle improvements, assorted bug fixes, and more. If you'd like to help us test out this patch and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character over to a test realm. Once you've had a chance to try things out, be sure to visit our Public Test Realm forum to discuss the patch.

Note: Features mentioned in the 5.1 Patch Preview may not initially be available on the PTR, and could be included as testing progresses.

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 5.1.0

General
  • The Pandaren Campaign begins!
    • The conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has ignited a new series of daily quests along the shore of the Krasarang Wilds.
    • Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria. (Please note: The Alliance version of this quest is not yet complete, but will still unlock the new missions and features).
    • Players will both valiantly defend their faction’s outpost and assault the opposing faction's headquarters.
    • Two new Reputations have been added: Alliance players can earn reputation with Operation: Shieldwall, while Horde players will curry favor with the Dominance Offensive.
    • Players can slay rival NPCs and opposing faction players along the shore to earn commissions that can be spent to upgrade their faction's base.
    • Look for strategic objectives to capture, including graveyards and towers. Commissions can be spent to recruit guards that will help protect this captured territory!
    • Players who are truly dedicated to their faction can spend their commissions on an item that will give their fellows an extra reputation group quest for the day. Horde players can speak with Ongrom Black Tooth, while Alliance players can contact Proveditor Grantley for details.

Pet Battles
  • A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.
    • Battle-stones are available in two basic types, general purpose Battle-stones that can be used to upgrade the quality of any pet, and family specific Battle-stones, which can only be used to upgrade pets of a specific pet family.
    • Battle-stones are available in two qualities: Flawless Battle-stones can upgrade pets directly to Rare quality, while Polished Battle-stones will upgrade a pet to Uncommon quality.
    • Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
    • Family specific Flawless Battle-stones can be found in the Sack of Pet Supplies obtained from performing Pet Trainer quests, and are Bind on Pickup.
    • General purpose Polished Battle-stones can be purchased for 1000 Justice Points.
  • Pet Journal
    • The quality of each pet is now visible in its slot in the Pet Journal.
    • Pets can now be filtered by name, type, rarity and level, and filters will remain in place each time the Pet Journal is viewed.
    • It is now possible to search locations in the Pet Journal. For example, searching “Westfall” will display all the Battle Pets that can be found in Westfall.
  • Right clicking a pet's portrait will now offer the option to look it up in the Pet Journal.
  • Players can now keep up to 650 pets.
  • Battle Pet tooltips will now display whether a pet is owned, and how many pets of that type are owned.
  • Pet Quality is now displayed in battles, and will be visible on portraits, names and tooltips.
  • The level of battle pets in a zone can now be seen on the map, and it’s now possible to see the strength of wild pets relative to your team at a glance.
  • Backline pets now display debuffs affecting them as well as the remaining duration of these effects.
  • The experience multiplier obtained by all seven Grand Master pet trainers in Pandaria has been increased to x5 from x3.5.
  • The experience multiplier obtained by defeating Pet Trainers Julia Stevens, Old Macdonald, Zunta, and Dagra the Fierce has been reduced to x2.5 from x3.5.
  • Macros have been added that allow for summoning random pets and random favorite pets.
  • The achievement Taming the World now awards the Safari Hat, which increases pet experience gained from Pet Battles by 10%.
  • The I Choose You achievement has been added for defeating Zen Master Aki. The reward for this achievement is 3000 gold.
  • A new Master Pet Tamer offering daily quests has been added to the Darkmoon Faire. Completing quests for the new trainer will offer the chance to acquire a new pet: the Darkmoon Eye.
  • Two new Battle Pets now roam Darkmoon Island waiting to be caught.
  • Fixed a bug where the Gazelle would join pet battles.

UI
  • A new banner will appear when a player is subjected to an effect that causes them to lose control of their character. The effect that caused the loss of control and remaining duration will be displayed. Configuration options are available in the “Combat” section of the “Interface Options" menu.
  • A search bar has been added to the mount section of the Mount and Pet Journal.
  • The Mount and Pet Journal remembers which tab you were last using.

Brawler's Guild
  • Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
  • Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler's Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
  • As their Brawler's Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
  • Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler's Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
  • If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight.
I find the Brawler's Guild somewhat exciting. If I still played on a PvP server, I'd be more interested in the PvP type stuff, but now I'm on a PvE server where alliance cowers in fear of flagged horde. :p

I can already imagine all the crying about it not having a raid and dungeon, not realizing that such is the reason they are already pumping this out not even a month into the expansion.

Well as long as they don't push CRZ onto Pandaeria I'm looking forward to this patch. It's adding the Faction vs Faction warring (without forced PVP) that alot of people have been asking for.

Brawlers Guild is just a nice little touch to add on to my enjoyment.