[PC Game] World of Warcraft: Catch All Thread

Anyway. I've been going round and round on Students No More. Supposed to kill four named elites. There's an extra trash elite that keeps getting in the way, so one keeps despawning before I get there.

Look, a lot of us grew up playing the Warcraft series, and many of us played WoW as well. WoW presented some great storylines, but the lore had to change in so many ways and be pigeonholed into the way the MMO was set up. A lot of our favorite characters went off the deep-end to become loot chests for reasons that stretch credibility. It's why "...and then he went CRAZY" became such a meme for WoW players. Not saying it's all bad, but I do believe that story-wise, Warcraft has suffered in some respects.

This.

Gilgamesh, just because you think that all the recent developments in the WoW universe are great doesn't mean the rest of us do. In fact, I would say you are in the minority.

I didn't say they were all great, I'm saying:
1: She didn't go -crazy-
2: She didn't flip out over -nothing-

You all took it that way and it's not my fault you didn't read the source material where it's explained. For that, I blame Blizzard for only putting the character building storylines in their novels and leaving people who only play WoW to have an incorrect view on the changes. It's not your fault either. That doesn't make you any less wrong about the facts.

It was a good novel, the issue is many people like me didn't like it because of what it did to Jaina. I know you are going to hate it, but the back and forth between her "peaceful" side and her new "pissed" side reminds many of us lore hounds of the "I am honorable!" and "kill the babies!" that came to define Garrosh as such a weak character for years, one minute you are seeing him slapping an orc for being dishonorable and killing innocents with a bomb, the next he is dropping a bomb on a city filled with innocents.

You are not the only one that reads these novels, some of us that have read it don't exactly agree with it was amazing.
INCORRECT VIEW ON THINGS.

I didn't say they were all great, I'm saying:
1: She didn't go -crazy-
2: She didn't flip out over -nothing-

You all took it that way and it's not my fault you didn't read the source material where it's explained. For that, I blame Blizzard for only putting the character building storylines in their novels and leaving people who only play WoW to have an incorrect view on the changes. It's not your fault either. That doesn't make you any less wrong about the facts.
No one is saying Blizz didn't come up with a reason for her to do what she did. What they are saying is they don't like the direction they've taken her character. She's always been a level headed character, and the Jaina of the past wouldn't have done what she is going to do. Justified or not, it feels out of character for her.

No one is saying Blizz didn't come up with a reason for her to do what she did. What they are saying is they don't like the direction they've taken her character. She's always been a level headed character, and the Jaina of the past wouldn't have done what she is going to do. Justified or not, it feels out of character for her.
I don't have a single problem with that at all. I only speak up against -Oh she just went crazy like all Blizzard's characters. How original- or -It's so stupid they made her crazy- when that's not the case at all. I wanted to clear up the misunderstanding.

I was never attacking the point of view of not liking the changes, I'm simply stating that the how and extreme that people are misunderstanding is wrong.
Seems I express myself incorrectly and to Frank and Vrii and to others who I rubbed the wrong way accidentily I do apologize for my lack of correct communication.

I know, and it's clear that you're mocking my attempts at clarifying myself. So at my own expense, I apologized for the misunderstanding that gives you reason to openly mock my lack of communicating my view.

Thanks for that by the way, it's alot more constructive that helping me to clear up my point.

You've made no effort to do anything but justify your approach, haven't actually taken any of the feedback given, and went to a passive-aggressive "thanks for that", again instead of any honest response. You don't deserve to have people meet you halfway.

I don't deserve it now?

Simply unbelievable, it was an honest response, I was actually sorry for not coming across correctly. I admitted my mistake and was looking forward to adjusting my view on it if I could just get my own point across better and you replied by basically spitting on me.

Also I haven't taken any feedback? Feedback on what? I already said that I wasn't attacking anyone's opinion on NOT LIKING the changes. All I was clarifying was they were wrong on WHY she changed. I said ScytheRexx was right because he actually knows what happened. Others were making assumptions based on lack of information so I corrected them.

Because of that I don't deserve having a conversation with someone?

I tagged your posts as funny and explained why - note that a number of people agreed with my perception, suggesting that it is actually an issue on your end, and something you could improve on. Your response was "I'm just going to take that as you agreeing with me."

Then you went right back to calling your opinions facts.

Then you apologized for upsetting me, I clarified that I wasn't at all impacted, and you got passive aggressive.

Please, point out the moment in this process where I should take anything you say as a legitimate acknowledgement of a shortcoming on your end.

And to be clear - you can converse with whoever you want, whenever you want. I'm just not going to take you seriously when every disagreement is brushed off as the other person being wrong in one way or another.

Well, you disappear for a couple weeks and the only thread you followed back then goes to shit. Huh.
Welp on the bright side the second LFR opened up today and it was damn fun and eye opening to the continuing storyline of Pandaria (whether your opinion is positive or negative :p ). I'm not a fan of the COIN system because now we have people joining LFR to kill the first quick boss in the first LFR, using their coin, then ditching the raid and doing it again and again.

Why you'd want to reroll on the drops of just the first boss over and over is beyond me but hey, that works for some people I guess.

I got to use the coin on Sha of Anger this week as I finally snagged a group for him on the Monk. I won gold first off, but the coin snagged my tier DPS gloves. I'm a couple ilevel points short of LFR yet, though.

Note to self: Oh, FFS. Learn to DK, noob.

Did not re-runeforge my weapon since WotLK. Never used Anti-Magic Shell or Soul Reaping. No wonder I'm getting pummeled by nearly every mob. Time to fix that.

Virmen are by far the most annoying mob ever created in any MMO, ever.

They come in guaranteed insta-dazing packs of a dozen, they run at like 40% health to the undoubtedly dozens of more of them nearby and areas with virmen are more densely mob packed than any other area I've ever seen. Awful creatures.

They come in guaranteed insta-dazing packs of a dozen, they run at like 40% health to the undoubtedly dozens of more of them nearby and areas with virmen are more densely mob packed than any other area I've ever seen. Awful creatures.
The Sprites that you have to fight for the Golden Lotus dailies are worse. If you get that far, you'll see. Trust me... I know it sounds impossible, but they are.

There are some in the Valley that do an ankle bite DOT. 10K per tick. Not dispellable AFAIK. Fuckers.

And the entire theme of this expansion has had a cartoonish look. Unless there's a cutie mark on there I'm not seeing, I don't see your point.

Virmin in Valley of the Four Winds are basically what made me swap from leveling as a DPS to leveling as a tank. Fucking running, training, assholes.