[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

I don't really want Brandon writing this. He had to put all of his other projects on the backburner for WoT. Not again.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm just convinced that GRRM doesn't know how to end stories. He's never done it before. He wrote for a lot of TV serieses (Beauty and the Beast, Twilight Zone, Max Headroom) that didn't have "endings," they just got cancelled.

I don't really want Brandon writing this. He had to put all of his other projects on the backburner for WoT. Not again.
Oh noes, you might have to wait 2-3 years for a new book in his own series... THE HORROR!!!

Hasn't GRRM gone on record that if he dies with ASOIAF unfinished he doesn't want anyone else to finish it?
Sure, because he's totally going to be in a position to enforce that once he's a corpse...

Oh noes, you might have to wait 2-3 years for a new book in his own series... THE HORROR!!!

Sure, because he's totally going to be in a position to enforce that once he's a corpse...
He has several series, but regardless, I gave up on GRRM finishing a long time ago, especially after the shit show that was the last two books.

Yes, because he's a lazy, selfish bastard.
Who doesn't want his book series to go the way the Dune books went under Brian Herbert & Kevin J Anderson.

No, but before he dies he can name someone as executor of his estate that he's pretty confident will enforce his wishes.

No, but before he dies he can name someone as executor of his estate that he's pretty confident will enforce his wishes.
Just has to find someone who hates money...

He has several series, but regardless, I gave up on GRRM finishing a long time ago, especially after the shit show that was the last two books.
Yeah, i was making a joke about Sanderson's machine gun writing... also note that he's actually released his own books while finishing up WoT.

Jordan also had very detailed notes and knew where his story was going. :p
Based on the fact that he's read chapters that where written before Dance came out and are now in WoW, like Mercy, i don't think not knowing where it's going is the issue.

Hell, remember the letter to the publisher? He had the rough outline figured out even then (the main cast is clearly the same).

His issue is actually getting there with all the damned threads he's created tying into the destination.

Remember when he said he finally figured out how to kill a character while drinking beer at some German con or something?

And here's a compilation that clearly shows the issues are with the writing and rewriting, not the conclusion:

Oh, and Dei, i blame you for making me go back down the rabbit hole of r/asoiaf...

He knows how it's supposed to end, he's publically said however that he has no real plans for how it gets there outside of vague roadmaps in his head. If he died right now, and they tried to circumvent his wishes, no writer would have any more to go on than HBO does. It does not compare to Jordan who literally had notes upon notes to the point that the last book had to be split into 3 books and there were still things left out.

Yeah, that's where we disagree, he clearly has a lot of plans about how to get there, he just keeps changing them, and changing them... that's why he could be think he'd be able to finish a book in 6 months and then take another 4 years. Or how he can be at 600+ pages in 2008, but not finishing the rest 700+ for said 4 years.