[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

Holy shit how dense are people?
Huge Reddit discussions on whether or not Arya is still going to Winterfell after meeting her wolf.

For fuck's sake. When she said "that's not you". It wasn't acknowledging that her place wasn't in Winterfell. It was mimicking her own resolve to Ned Stark: "No, that's not me". She was letting Nymeria alone to go to do her own thing - like Arya had to do. She understands that Nymeria isn't meant to be a castle pet much like she herself is not meant for the life of a lady. All of the wolves directly parallel the personalities of their respective Stark children. Arya going to Winterfell won't change anything regarding her newfound character; Sansa and Jon won't (and can't) just marry her off - if anything she's going to put a knife in Littlefinger's throat.

Moreover, Arya was never going to kill Cersei. Badass or not, Cersei is destine to die by Jamie's hand.

Holy shit how dense are people?
Huge Reddit discussions on whether or not Arya is still going to Winterfell after meeting her wolf.

For fuck's sake. When she said "that's not you". It wasn't acknowledging that her place wasn't in Winterfell. It was mimicking her own resolve to Ned Stark: "No, that's not me". She was letting Nymeria alone to go to do her own thing - like Arya had to do. She understands that Nymeria isn't meant to be a castle pet much like she herself is not meant for the life of a lady. All of the wolves directly parallel the personalities of their respective Stark children. Arya going to Winterfell won't change anything regarding her newfound character; Sansa and Jon won't (and can't) just marry her off - if anything she's going to put a knife in Littlefinger's throat.

Moreover, Arya was never going to kill Cersei. Badass or not, Cersei is destine to die by Jamie's hand.
Arya's trip to kill Cersei (to me) felt like her final suicide mission because she thought she was the last Stark left. Learning that she wasn't gave her something to live for again.

Also, I want Sansa to stab Littlefinger, but big brofist on Jamie killing Cersei. And then running off to be with Brienne forever.

Ok so I'm wondering about Sam and Jbear. I mean it would be dope if Sam found a treatment for Greyscale but...then what? Jorah is cured and goes back to Dani I guess? Kinda a big waste of time, really.

I'm also wondering, from a military standpoint, why all Dani lost with the fleet. The unsullied weren't on those ships yet, right? I'm sure it wouldn't have been so one sided if they had been. So she's down some ships and her main contact in Dorne I guess?

What really worries me is that she's trying to do the right thing from a strong position. This has not worked out for anyone yet. John kinda, but that's keeping in mind he got a pretty massive mulligan.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm also wondering, from a military standpoint, why all Dani lost with the fleet. The unsullied weren't on those ships yet, right? I'm sure it wouldn't have been so one sided if they had been. So she's down some ships and her main contact in Dorne I guess?
The ships were largely empty, they were going to Dorne to get Dorne's army. Apparently Euron also bribed a writer for a Greyjoy to actually be worth more than piss in a fight for one shining moment.

But yeah, with the sand snakes and their mom gone, I'm not even sure there's anyone left in authority in Dorne at all.

I want to know how that many ships can be sneaky personally. Not watching out for Euron was pretty fucking cocky.

GasBandit

Staff member
I want to know how that many ships can be sneaky personally. Not watching out for Euron was pretty fucking cocky.
IIRC they were in a dense fog.

Which also begs the question of how Euron found them.

Probably more of that time-and-space stuff I was talking about. Ships don't sail, they teleport.

IIRC they were in a dense fog.

Which also begs the question of how Euron found them.

Probably more of that time-and-space stuff I was talking about. Ships don't sail, they teleport.
I can head-cannon it as the fact that Euron was on the way to Dragonstone and probably had eyes on Dani's fleet anyway.

Man that was a lousy episode. I hope the next few pick up because limited season y'all.

Gotta say, what's up with "NOT ONE FUCKING SENTRY or NO ONE CAN SEE SHIT" with godmode Euron in full cheat mode. Happy to see some sand snakes dead, the worst ones are thankfully GONE but that scene was shite.

Euron will keep a Martell as hostage, to maybe keep control of Dorne aaaaaand I guess we're going to watch 15 minutes of Cersei smugly looking around at this satisfying moment in her life while wearing that DASHING new peacock armor she's got going on.

Once again the Stark scenes are literally carrying this show. The Oldtown stuff is intriguing but man are there a shitload of relatively mundane things going on. I look forward to seeing the i can't believe we're family unexpected reunion.

Oh... can someone put a knife hilt deep into whoever cut the Jon/Ghost scene? Compressed season sucks

Euron will keep a Martell as hostage, to maybe keep control of Dorne aaaaaand I guess we're going to watch 15 minutes of Cersei smugly looking around at this satisfying moment in her life while wearing that DASHING new peacock armor she's got going on.
I figure Euron's gift to Cersei might be the last daughter, seeing as Ellaria killed Myrcella, Cersei would kill the daughter in front of Ellaria, perhaps even using the Mountain, who killed Oberyn.

Teleporting invisifleets. Has time to both crush the other Ironborn fleet, head back to King's Landing and then intercept the Unsullied fleet. Now is there a chance that Euron wasn't on his flagship and sent it without him after the capture of Yara and the Dornes? That doesn't seem like him.

Also, considering how excellently the armies scouted each other out in earlier seasons, it's kind of hard to believe that no one noticed entire army's movements. Does Ollenna not have ANYONE keeping track of her borders? You can't march a huge army faster than a raven flies. Especially 600 miles, the distance between Lannisport and Highgarden.

None of the war stuff this season makes any sense and is seemingly just getting rushed along to finish the show.

And finally, Jesus Christ Bran, could you suck worse?

"Remember that night you were violently raped? Gee, you were pretty."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
Honestly when did Bran get replaced with a robot?
I mean, I know he is technically the three-eyed Raven now, and they are trying to go for a "he is beyond mortal perceptions" type of thing, but even the old three-eyed raven showed some semblance of emotions. Even when Bran met Benjen on the north side of the Wall he still showed some emotion last season, even if more disbelief and some self-doubt.

Now, he sees his sister after years and is like, "Oh, hello Sansa." like he couldn't care less, didn't even hug her back (did your arms become paralyzed too!?), which really took a lot out of the reunion for me.

I am embracing the wonderful insanity of hack TV writers trying to tie up every possible loose end created from being too far ahead of a much better researcher/writer.

Seriously, every scene seems to have some kind of:

Also Euron "Plot Armor" Greyjoy...

I am embracing the wonderful insanity of hack TV writers trying to tie up every possible loose end created from being too far ahead of a much better researcher/writer.

Seriously, every scene seems to have some kind of:

Also Euron "Plot Armor" Greyjoy...
Unlike Martin, they can handwave getting from point A to point B without agonizing how it happened and not feel bad about it. One of Martin's biggest faults is that he constantly writes himself into corners and can't figure out how to fix it.