[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

Joffrey's a douchebag.
Yes, but he is a one dimensional short sighted douchebag. Who will most likely be killed to further a plot line involving detailed characters. The question is what characters will it benefit, who will kill him and how? I say he gets assassinated, but none of the Starks are involved, nor can I see it being any of the characters revealed thus far in the show.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes, but he is a one dimensional short sighted douchebag. Who will most likely be killed to further a plot line involving detailed characters. The question is what characters will it benefit, who will kill him and how? I say he gets assassinated, but none of the Starks are involved, nor can I see it being any of the characters revealed thus far in the show.
Must... resist... spoilers... GNAGH...

Ok, let's just leave it that Joff isn't done being a douchebag, and is going to be very douchey to a whole lot of people he probably shouldn't.

It's probably against some allies of the 8 kingdoms that he is trying to rally to his cause, once the letter that Ned sent to Stan Ist Baratheon gets received detailing who the heir to the throne is, there will be a war for the throne. Joffrey has shown he has the will to do whatever he wants despite sound advice on several occasions, so he most likely torques off some one, maybe a new brides father or something. The marriage to Sansa I surmise is now out of the question, but she's stuck at court, so she's going to suffer, maybe turned into a whore. But Little Finger still loves her mother, so he might protect her now that she's back on the market.

I curious as to how Daynarerus survives next week. It's obviously some sort of D.E.M., maybe involving the dragon eggs or something. They've invested too much into her character to allow her to die, as would be expected once her husband dies by the rules they have established for the horse people.

Oh man, people who haven't read the books in this thread. Guess we'll need to start a new thread for the next book in a month. :D

GasBandit

Staff member
Gonna be aggravating as hell waiting for season 2. Aggravating. As. Hell. They haven't even started filming it yet, I hear.

Dave

Staff member
Anyone else fucking hated what they did with Tyrion in the big fight scene? I thought he was supposed to have kicked ass, not get knocked unconscious and miss it all.

Why would you think he would kick ass? Nothing in the entire show would suggest that he wouldn't get slaughtered in an actual battle. Even his first kill was lucky and situational. Against an army he'd be killed easily unless well protected by others.

GasBandit

Staff member
Anyone else fucking hated what they did with Tyrion in the big fight scene? I thought he was supposed to have kicked ass, not get knocked unconscious and miss it all.
Yeah, that irritated me. In the book, Bronn was his shadow and between the two of them they killed one knight and captured another, and then managed to stay off to the side and scrape through with minor injury. I sure hope they don't scuttle the other parts of the story where Tyrion is supposed to fight.

Yeah, that irritated me. In the book, Bronn was his shadow and between the two of them they killed one knight and captured another, and then managed to stay off to the side and scrape through with minor injury. I sure hope they don't scuttle the other parts of the story where Tyrion is supposed to fight.
That's your version "kicking ass?" Killing just one guy and capturing another, only accomplished by relying on Bronn? How is that somehow so much more vital than what they did in the show?

Dave

Staff member
In the books Tyrion is much more deformed. He can hardly walk most of the time and has extremely bad legs. The fact he killed anyone and didn't get killed himself while in the vanguard of a major battle....yes, I'd call that kicking ass.

But this is the TV show thread, they have no hope of including everything in the books, just crucial items to the plot and the rest gets Daved into HBO suitable material.

GasBandit

Staff member
But this is the TV show thread, they have no hope of including everything in the books, just crucial items to the plot and the rest gets Daved into HBO suitable material.
And we've griped about stuff from the books they're leaving out of the show before. The difference is, here they left out something that was important to Tyrion's character development
and actually does come into play later - that despite his (tv-played-down) deformity, he actually can kill people in battle. It establishes that even in this violent world of murder and war, he's not as helpless as he or others originally thought. But now the TV Tyrion still is.

Spoilers added as Jay made an excellent point in a PM. Sorry to all if we spoiled anything. You all know how I feel about spoilers. -Dave

Dave

Staff member
This is especially noticeable with the mountain people chanting "HALFMAN!!" after the battle as opposed to before it. In the books, he wins their respect and they follow him based on that respect. Which makes
their betrayal for money that much more hurtful.

People, please spoiler tags.

Don't even discuss how "it went on in the books or how things will possibly go later on based on what you read in the books". I don't give a shit. You're ruining it for me and others new to the show. Why can't people just enjoy the series for a goddamned change and leave the pessimism out of these forums? Why can't we just revel in this great show? Maybe another thread for the tears of the bookworms be can better served for their needs? I don't know but make this madness stop.

The show convinced me I'll read the books later and enjoy the series even more but please, for christ's sake, all references to the show that didn't happen ON SCREEN should be completely and utterly in spoilers.

STAFF!

Dave

Staff member
Please note above in my post. Spoiler tag ahoy!
Added at: 18:40
Aside from that where I DID have a spoiler tag....who else has posted spoilers?

GasBandit

Staff member
People, please spoiler tags.

Don't even discuss how "it went on in the books or how things will possibly go later on based on what you read in the books". I don't give a shit. You're ruining it for me and others new to the show. Why can't people just enjoy the series for a goddamned change and leave the pessimism out of these forums? Why can't we just revel in this great show? Maybe another thread for the tears of the bookworms be can better served for their needs? I don't know but make this madness stop.

The show convinced me I'll read the books later and enjoy the series even more but please, for christ's sake, all references to the show that didn't happen ON SCREEN should be completely and utterly in spoilers.

STAFF!
Snape kills dumbledore, you mangina.

As long as Martin doesn't pussify Tyrion in a certain S2 episode he is writing, I am willing to let it go. I *did* like how Ned saw Arya at the statue of Baelor in the show. Most of the rest felt pretty 'meh' after the awesomeness of last week's episode.

Can someone explain to me as spoiler free as possible how the eggs hatches and why she isn't affected as fire? Why her? Is she like... THE ONE?