[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

Game of Whores, am i rite?

Fortunately they're splitting book 3 into two seasons, so that should make up for any slowness of the many stories.

I liked it, overall. Felt a little slow, but was still surprised when it was over. It was a solid "establish where everyone is" episode.

Loved how

(Season 2 spoiler)
Winterfell was burning in the credits

And of course everything Tyrion was amazingly good.

Mace left me a little underwhelmed. It might have just been that I imagined him as different in my head by a large degree.

I was basically lol'ing at Tyrion and Cersei's convo and them talking about his injuries like they are so god awful (per the book) and on the show it's just a (relatively) tiny cut across his face. Oh TV.

I wonder if it was too convoluted to leave in, or if they were afraid people wouldn't remember who he was?

I wonder if it was too convoluted to leave in, or if they were afraid people wouldn't remember who he was?
Well, you have a couple options...

1. You just get it out of the way, no secrets.
2. Assume the viewer has forgotten who he is and do it like it's done in the books.
3. Let the viewer know, and show that Mormont knows, but not letting Danaerys know, so it still happens like in the books, but the viewer finds out much earlier since we're not stuck in Danaerys's POV for her story.

I actually liked that they cut to the chase with Selmy. I remember being surprised when he was revealed in the books but that's because there was little description to even suggest it was him. I think they made the right choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1364917794][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was basically lol'ing at Tyrion and Cersei's convo and them talking about his injuries like they are so god awful (per the book) and on the show it's just a (relatively) tiny cut across his face. Oh TV.
I actually loved the comment about the rumor that his nose had been cutoff completely as it was a nice nod to the book.

I was more annoyed that they are keeping people "pretty"
I don't think thats the case with Tyrion. The amount of VFX to make it look like his nose had been cut off per episode would be ridiculous and their VFX budget is already tiny (for instance, I hope everyone enjoyed this seasons shot of the dragons! Won't see them again till the last episode :p )

I don't think thats the case with Tyrion. The amount of VFX to make it look like his nose had been cut off per episode would be ridiculous and their VFX budget is already tiny (for instance, I hope everyone enjoyed this seasons shot of the dragons! Won't see them again till the last episode :p )
Man they digitally add like EVERY castle. I know what you mean but still.[DOUBLEPOST=1364998260][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally saw the new episode.

Interesting to see that they're showing more explicit shots of Roose Bolton, and especially his doubt over Robb's leadership, given what his role will eventually be at the end of this season.

Man they digitally add like EVERY castle. I know what you mean but still.[DOUBLEPOST=1364998260][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally saw the new episode.

In relation to your spoiler, I can't for the people who haven't read the books to see that! I was so shocked when I read it. I think that's why I love these books so much...I'm always surprised.
[DOUBLEPOST=1365031340][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmmm not sure how I made my comment part of quoting you.

Necronic

Staff member
Thing is that he is brutally smart, which is why I like him. Possibly the smartest person in the series, I'm not sure. But his attitude towards Tyrion seems stupid/emotional. He should be smart enough to recognize his value. But...maybe that's what he's doing. The fact is that these are not PC times. Giving Tyrion Castelly Rock could very well hurt the image of the Lannisters even if it did make them more powerful. So maybe he is sincere in his statement that he will put him in the place where he has the most value to the family, which isnt in plain sight.

Doesn't make me like him more, just mitigates my feeling that he's showing stupidity.

'Hiding' Tyrion may be smart, treating him badly is not, it just shows he is emotional about him...
The intelligent thing would be to convince Tyrion to be a 'head in the shadows' for his house after he is gone. That would make Tyrion happier and, thanks to that, get the most out of him for the Lannisters. But he can't do it because, when it comes to Tyrion, he IS stupid.

That's really funny but I agree with Rob Lowe

ALSO

sup Game of Thrones thread! I had been avoiding this thread due to spoiler fears, but I got a couple big things spoiled by doofuses at work so I gave up and don't care anymore

GasBandit

Staff member
I was disappointed that Sansa's tea with Grandma Smartass didn't involve a live performance of The Bear and the Maiden Fair.

North_Ranger

Staff member
True, I was really looking forward to that bit of performance. At least the Queen of Thorns was as enjoyably prickly as she was in the books. And for once, Bran was actually enjoyable to watch - at least compared to the snore-inducing segments in the previous two seasons.

Still wondering what they will make out of Joffrey and Margaery's crossbow session, though...

That episode did some stuff.

The scene where Tyrion and Bronn begin to interrogate Podrick after the brothel was fucking smagical.

Dave

Staff member
What the FUCK was up with
Theon's escape?!? Talk about a huge departure from the source material!

Gotta give him something to do. I'm kind of stoked since I imagine that this season is where stuff is gonna get crazy different.

Oh, that's a departure? Okay, good. I'm glad it's not 5th book spoilers, because I'm still waiting on the paperback for that.

That happening is probably a good thing. It should make the 4th book's events with
the ironmen
be less boring and feel like it has more purpose.

I think that they are still on track with Theon. We don't hear from him for two books and that won't work in a TV series. I think he's gone from the Frying pan into the Fire as I am pretty sure his rescuer is Ramsey Snow, so things might actually get worse for Theon soon.

BananaHands

Staff member
Gotta give him something to do. I'm kind of stoked since I imagine that this season is where stuff is gonna get crazy different.
The person saving him is
Ramsay Snow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1366038087][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoops, quoted the wrong person. That was meant for Dave .

If you couldn't tell that storyline was going to change just from the end of last season, I don't know what to say. ;)