[TV] Winter HAS COME! - A Game of Thrones

That'd be nice. I like them.
They probably will show up soon. I'd imagine they might catch up with Bran and fit several of his chapters into one episode. I've been reading along and am probably an episode ahead and I'd imagine that to save time and also make it a little more interesting they might skip to about where I am now in one or two scenes.

Prediction:
I'd guess that they'll have one scene where they arrive, cut to them playing in the gods woods and talkin about dreams before cutting to something else. Near the end they'll come back and we'll get his green dream about the iron islands attack and maybe even the reek's Hannibal moment.

BananaHands

Staff member
Just finished the third book, can someone clear a few things up for me?

So, from what I gathered:

Joffrey sent the man to kill Bran.
Lysa poisoned Jon Arryn and told the Starks that the Lannisters did it.
Jaime is slowly becoming a better dude.

Was watching this with my fiance and another married couple.... their reaction the last minute of Game of Thrones tonight (none have read any of the books)

Pttxk.jpg

I do enjoy the many liberties they have started to take every episode. It's interesting to say the least and unlike people who read the book and go "WHAT THE HELL", I feel it's really well done.

The only problem I had with tonight's was Tyrion sending whores to Joffrey, he simply isn't that stupid and he knows what Joffrey would do to them.

I agree. It didn't make a whole lot of sense yet it was useful as people can witness how much of a sick fuck Joffrey is.

Speaking of him, the best line of the episode was

ckCUk.jpg

I LOLed hard on that.

I understand that
They had the Melisandre/Davos scene now because they are probably skipping the part with Robert's bastard at Storm's End, but having them go to a barred cave makes no sense in this case, because THEY ARE IN AN OPEN CAMP, NOT IN A CASTLE. And I know Joffrey is a little shit, but it makes me wonder how he was raised if he thinks beating the shit out of people is awesome. Especially since it's said in the books that Robert wasn't allowed to even consider slapping Joff.

Also my vote for favorite line of the night:
Guard 1: He's good with a sword. Guard 2: How good can he be? He's been stabbing Renly Baratheon for years and Renly ain't dead.

I understand that
They had the Melisandre/Davos scene now because they are probably skipping the part with Robert's bastard at Storm's End, but having them go to a barred cave makes no sense in this case, because THEY ARE IN AN OPEN CAMP, NOT IN A CASTLE. And I know Joffrey is a little shit, but it makes me wonder how he was raised if he thinks beating the shit out of people is awesome. Especially since it's said in the books that Robert wasn't allowed to even consider slapping Joff.
Joffrey thinks power is awesome. He is eternally a child who lashes out, hits, cries, etc. He isn't beating people because he was beaten, he's beating people because he can. Maybe if Robert had been allowed to smack him when he treated someone like shit it would've done some good, instead of Cersei coddling him and telling him what a wonderful boy he was, but it's a little late for that.

Episode was great. I like the liberties they are taking as while the journey is a bit different in parts the destination is ultimate the same. Bron is the best, I think they might have made me like him even more than in the books.

It's quite clear early in the books that Joffrey is pretty fucked up. As a child, he had a cat, the cat was pregnant, he opened the cat stomach to "see what's inside". His father slapped the shit out of him going, "What the fuck is wrong with you you little shit?"

Still in the midst of watching it. But damn this is a good episode. Probably the best of the season so far. Excellently paced, getting to see a bit of nearly every story, just excellent all around.

*Edit: It's over already?! Damn what a good episode.

BananaHands

Staff member
Book 2 spoiler, just a question about the show:

Hey, anyone want to take bets on if Tyrion is going to keep his nose in the show?

Or not at all. Not a lot of attention paid to Jon's burns or Dany's hair or anything like that either.
It's going to have to be practical fx no matter what, so it would have to be some kind of disfiguration rather than losing an nose. I'm going with disfiguration.

Necronic

Staff member
It's quite clear early in the books that Joffrey is pretty fucked up. As a child, he had a cat, the cat was pregnant, he opened the cat stomach to "see what's inside". His father slapped the shit out of him going, "What the fuck is wrong with you you little shit?"
A Lannister always kills his pets.

BananaHands

Staff member
Just had this sent to me:

Please ignore the liberal bias on this. I'll repost it in the political threads if need be.