[Question] Why is this the ad on my forum page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it looks like the white boy baby is winding up to punch the black girl baby. There's a wonderful unintentional subtext for you.

cougar dating sites, Filipino, Asian and who knows what other ethnicity dating sites; ads for vintage lingerie, home mortgages.
I don't know about the ad, but I totally thought you were into those things.

Mark it in your notes, Shego: Figment will not date cougars, Filipinos, Asians, or other ethnicities; he does not wear vintage lingerie (I thought we all did this?) and will not take a mortgage out on his home (power to ya).

North_Ranger

Staff member
Because all mothers are uneducated.
This got really weird in Ireland when I was there as an exchange student. You know how they show commercials in movie theaters before trailers and the film proper? Well, there wasn't a single time when one of the ads wasn't for a "family planning service" or "hotline", with imagery of empty class rooms filling up and shattered mirrors and glasses mending itself to melancholy piano music and a message that an unexpected pregnancy isn't the end of the world.

Heh. I currently have an ad for "OurBabymaker," which looks to be a service that allows you to take a pic of you and your SO and "predict" what your baby would look like, but there's no way in hell I'm clicking on it, so inquiring minds will have to look it up on their own. Also, an ad for what to do once we've made a baby... go to Disneyland.

Heh. I currently have an ad for "OurBabymaker," which looks to be a service that allows you to take a pic of you and your SO and "predict" what your baby would look like, but there's no way in hell I'm clicking on it, so inquiring minds will have to look it up on their own. Also, an ad for what to do once we've made a baby... go to Disneyland.
My first guess is that your baby will sprout horns...

S

SeraRelm

I think Halforums is telling me to become a prostitute?

Oooh a consultant! How is that decadent pleasure?

GasBandit

Staff member
The forum is a living entity.
Yes, but it's mostly just a dyspeptic, bloated monster that shambles along upon its way, oblivious and uncaring to the scratchings of us parasites upon its back... though we do notice when the thing falls down.

I've got nothing really to add to the conversation except one small thing:

Add is short for addition.
Ad is short for advertisement.

You meant to say "ad," not "add." :)

Really minor nitpicking, but it's been bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.