Who are we and who do we want to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you actually saw them? I figured you had 75% of the forum blocked by now.
I stopped bothering with the ignore function when I found it broke the boards. Threads started by an ignored person would never appear, no matter who else posted in that thread. Easier to just scroll past the crap or never click on the threads that have become nothing but crap.

fade

Staff member
No one here really bothers me. Well, except for that one time recently, which surprisingly came from like the least offensive poster on the boards.

There seems to be one GLARING omission in some of the arguments here: just because something doesn't bother you, doesn't mean it doesn't bother someone else. I can't believe I have to say that. What you find "semi-mean" seems to be incredibly mean to enough people here to make a thread or ten about it. Yeah, it could be as offensive or more offensive than a punch in the face. It really depends on which one the receiver finds more offensive, not the giver.

stevefry.jpg

You have a right to be offended. I have a right to offend.

I don't use that right often, mind you, however I like having the option.

People should be more conscious of others feelings but it's not going to stop them from voicing their feelings on the topic or just being a jerk to see what will happen.
I'm not saying we all have to have thick skins...I'm just saying its something you have rethink. "Is this worth getting mad about? Who is this person to me?" In the admittedly few times someone has been 'mean' to me that has been my mantra.

I still can't stop laughing at "being a disease".

I'm a very anonymous voice over the internet, but I'm "ruining forums" filled with hundreds of people. It's mind boggling.

fade

Staff member
That Fry quote is all well and good to some degree. I mean, one does have the right to be an asshole, and even to hypocritically whine about the people who call them an asshole (i.e. are offended). The problems that people are complaining about here, though, aren't offense, they're direct personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.