Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

While the plumber is there, you might want to have a ball valve put in if your neighbor is going to make a habit of this.

--Patrick

Seriously whiny? For both my birthday last year and then Christmas, I got the "I'm sorry, but I was so busy I didn't have time to get you anything." from my significant other. The kids ordered me gifts on Christmas Eve and gave me print outs to open. I've already mostly gotten over it, but it still sucks. We are very busy, especially in the Fall, but it still makes me feel kind of like I don't matter.
I feel you..my previous wife used that excused one year at valentine's day. She didn't even get me a card, saying she was too busy at work. But she was part of an online rubber stamp group, and made 6 custom cards for her group memebers as part of an exchange deal they were doing. I was like "And you couldn't have made one more?" It sucked.

We forget to get something from the grocery store yesterday, so I stopped by this afternoon, and the thing I needed was on the back wall of the tallest shelf and there was not a single tall person around, so I texted my husband at work that it was his problem now and left. :p

First day of work of 2020 and my girlfriend has to call in sick because her throat swelled up to twice its size and is causing her so much pain she can hardly do anything but moan.
Update: She went to the doctor who's of two minds: Either she still has some inflammation from the shellacking she took over the Holidays, or the antibiotics she got for her sinusitis just didn't work.

So she got cortisone pills for 4 days to see if that gets rid of the problem. If it doesn't, she has the NUKE of the antibiotics family: 4 300 mg pills a day for 10 days.

Fingers crossed those cortisone pills do the trick (she IS feeling better, but that's a VERY low bar to clear), those antibiotics pills look like they're actually rhino suppositories, Christ...

Update: She went to the doctor who's of two minds: Either she still has some inflammation from the shellacking she took over the Holidays, or the antibiotics she got for her sinusitis just didn't work.

So she got cortisone pills for 4 days to see if that gets rid of the problem. If it doesn't, she has the NUKE of the antibiotics family: 4 300 mg pills a day for 10 days.

Fingers crossed those cortisone pills do the trick (she IS feeling better, but that's a VERY low bar to clear), those antibiotics pills look like they're actually rhino suppositories, Christ...
I think she's on the same antibiotics I've just been on the past 9 days (tomorrow's day 10, thank god). If that's the case, I hope they're much gentler on her, because they've been playing hell with my stomach the whole time, and other fun side effects.

Sounds like the same warnings we got, yeah. Apparently a taking a probiotic concurrently helps, so if it comes to that, that's what we'll do.

Dave

Staff member
The plumber could not fix the issue yesterday so no water still for another day. If we have to poop we have to go to the gas station. I haven't showered since Friday.

So this morning at my work I brought shower stuff and walked my butt down to the athletic center.

I would rather get on stage in front of 300 people and eat it than have to do this again.

I walked into the shower area and there were like 5 university basketball players there getting ready for practice, But I had my towel in my hand and my choices were to turn around and leave still radiating my funk or suck it up and keep going. There was no place to put my stuff so I just put it in a corner. I explained to them what was going on and why this old fat guy was going to get naked and use their shower. They commiserated and then I just said fuck it and went for it.

So I'm showered but god DAMN was that uncomfortable.

My daughter is mad at me because I don't want to drive her around to volunteer at a nursing home next week when she'd be the only kid in NJHS going and I have to run her around 3 more times than usual next week already. Sorry that I'm not willing to be your personal chaffeur at all times. :rolleyes: (I did tell her she could go if she could find a ride, which is how I found out that no one else volunteered to go this month because of school play practice)

It's so awesome watching people's lives get immensely better once you're no longer in them. That shit never gets old. Glad to be a stepping stone.

I’m puking from my treatment last night. I’m on three immune suppression meds and I had one Friday and two last night and now I’m puking.

I hate puking.

I now have everything I need to file my 2019 taxes... except one form.
...which won't be released until February 15th.
I could file RIGHT NOW except for that one form.
Rats.

--Patrick

Wasted my whole day playing Civilization 6.

Why am I even still here? I haven't amounted to anything, I don't do anything substantial or meaningful with my time or life. There's nothing here for me.

Wasted my whole day playing Civilization 6.

Why am I even still here? I haven't amounted to anything, I don't do anything substantial or meaningful with my time or life. There's nothing here for me.
well I for one would hate to see you leave, believe it or not, you are stuck with us in this motley crew of misfits and mischievous miscreants.

We're all glad you are here.

Whenever I have an unproductive day, I try not to stress about it -- it's done. It's just about having a better day tomorrow.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hate Crunchyroll's new updated layout. It no longer lets me customize the order of shows in my queue. Starting to wonder why I still subscribe to this. Half the things I want to watch are on funimation now, but I'm not subbing up to that... I guess just that much more piracy going on.

I hate Crunchyroll's new updated layout. It no longer lets me customize the order of shows in my queue. Starting to wonder why I still subscribe to this. Half the things I want to watch are on funimation now, but I'm not subbing up to that... I guess just that much more piracy going on.
No matter how strong my PC or net connection, CR chokes. So I set sail instead.